Author Topic: College Indecision  (Read 564 times)

Offline NightcoreWubs

• NightcoreWubster
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
  • Yes, I know it's not a fox, but... Couldn't resist
  • Fursona Species: Fox. As detailed in my description.
College Indecision
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:56:06 pm »
OK, so I live in Somerset, England. I can't decide what college I want to attend. Should I go Exeter? That's really far away. Bridgewater? There seems to be a huge prejudice against BW. I don't know which of the many colleges I want to go to. It's not ft long away now. Only 2 years. Wait. *looks at calendar* 1 and a bit years!
And I don't know where to go. Recommendations? This will likely shape my life, so don't be an arse.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
"Stupid potato!" - Holo, Spice and Wolf
Eat, Sleep, Kick Ass, Repeat
Forecast for today: Rain! Again! Gotta love British weather.
"Life is something that happens when you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
"There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way." - the Dalai Lama
"Spirituality and individualism don't matter, because we're all going to die anyway." -NightcoreWubs, 2015. Prove me wrong, science!

Offline Fjordy

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 46
  • Fursona Species: Moose
Re: College Indecision
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:36:08 pm »
I don't live in Somerset (as with most people here, although I'm in Cambridgeshire), but really, you should choose what college you want to go to.

There's a huge prejudice against the college I'm going to at the end of this year, but you shouldn't really judge a school by that. If it's got the course you want to do and if it's got the environment you want, you should really go for what you feel, not anybody else.

I'd really listen to the advice your teachers give you when you get closer to the time, too.

Online Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 09:03:39 am »
I don't live in the same area as you so can't reccommend specific colleges but some good things to look at would be which ones have the best programs for what you want to do? Which ones do you teachers recommend for you? What are the marks to get into each one (since some schools require a lower average)? Weather they're close or far away since if they're closer and you can stay at home that can save money. And when you get closer to the time and start applying which ones do you get accepted in and that's when you really have to make the decision but until then it looks like you have lots of time to think about it
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Kettz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 145
  • ech
    • DeviantArt - ViolentJade
    • FurAffinity - Kettz
  • Fursona Species: Border Collie
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:30:38 am »
I live in America, so my opinion might be different. I'm not from England so, I won't be giving a exact college. Just some ideas to give you. Why not get a look at the colleges by visiting them and finding out which one your most comfortable with? Your consular could give you some sheets about colleges near you. You can always go on the web and search some up.

Offline NightcoreWubs

• NightcoreWubster
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
  • Yes, I know it's not a fox, but... Couldn't resist
  • Fursona Species: Fox. As detailed in my description.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 01:56:01 pm »
Good ide, thanks : )
"Stupid potato!" - Holo, Spice and Wolf
Eat, Sleep, Kick Ass, Repeat
Forecast for today: Rain! Again! Gotta love British weather.
"Life is something that happens when you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
"There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way." - the Dalai Lama
"Spirituality and individualism don't matter, because we're all going to die anyway." -NightcoreWubs, 2015. Prove me wrong, science!

Offline Will

• British Mouse
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 43
  • meh, none of you gave a shit
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 04:01:52 pm »
Mess around with this website:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

You can arrange it so you can view what courses are best in which university, of course this is just to get what is thought of it and at the end of the day only you know what you want to do.
"To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may mean the world."-Brandi Snyder

Offline Husky_

• Need help?, just PM me. :)
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • Just a casual Furry Passing by.
    • DeviantArt - spikezcat
  • Fursona Species: Husky <3
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 07:42:34 am »
Mess around with this website:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

You can arrange it so you can view what courses are best in which university, of course this is just to get what is thought of it and at the end of the day only you know what you want to do.

I was messing around with the site a few days ago so thanks for sharing Will, also I hope you find the right course NightcoreWubs!