Author Topic: Firefox trouble  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Fenn

• Thanks guys, for everything. But I don't think this is my lot in life anymore. Contact me via email if you want to stay in touch with me, or maybe on Xbox Live. But I'm pretty much shedding my fur.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Bye guys.
Firefox trouble
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:03:51 pm »
ok, i just downloaded Firefox because i got pissed at IE (stopped working twice today). now im trying to get onto FT using Firefox, and it wont log me in. i put in all of the correct info (double checked using IE and checking my account info from there), and it re-loads the "Select Board" page without logging me in. am i doing something wrong? or is this site even compatable with FF?
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 48
Re: Firefox trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:09:31 pm »
Strange, I use firefox all the time.  Did you log into the boards DIRECTLY though this link?

http://www.furryteens.org/forum/

That might be the issue.

Offline Fenn

• Thanks guys, for everything. But I don't think this is my lot in life anymore. Contact me via email if you want to stay in touch with me, or maybe on Xbox Live. But I'm pretty much shedding my fur.
  • Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:14:06 pm »
i did at first, and i thought that might have been the trouble. then i went straight to http://furryteens.org/ and tried again, and it sent me to the forum page. i still wasnt logged in though.

EDIT: just tried logging into the Nintendo Nsider Forums, Project Playlist, and Myspace, and it worked fine. now im even more confused...

FURTHER EDIT: thought i would log out on IE (have my account set to stay logged in indefinitely), and then log in using FF. didnt work -_-
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:02:50 pm by Fenn »

Offline Morgan Persimmon

• Participant
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Now with 45% more!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:51:30 pm »
Yeah, I use Fiberfox exclusively and the site works fine, dunno what your error is.
[quote ]
(9:29:08 PM) Jamie: Heh, but for real? Not just a cat picture joke?
[/quote]

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 11:01:05 pm »
Make sure you allow both cookies and scripts for *.furryteens.org, *.lupinia.us, and *.lupinia.net.  Aside from that, I don't know what to tell you, since I don't use Firefox myself.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Bunny_Earz

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 25
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 12:00:20 am »
I'm using firefox too.  Maybe it's a curse?  good luck!

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 12:20:15 am »
Works fine for me on Firefox
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Fenn

• Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 06:11:22 pm »
hmm... idk what the deal is, but ill snoop around a bit and see whats turned on and off and stuff. i swear, i hate IE.... ill check to see if it's PHP related too, since this is the only PHP site i hang around on much at all. lol, this is something to keep me occupied for a bit....

Offline Kyfoodo

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • OMGZ! I'm not dead and stuff!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 06:15:09 pm »
I'm not having any problem with it.

Offline Fenn

• Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 06:32:48 pm »
hmm, i cant find any cookies that i think came from here.... or Firefox cant find them. it's allowing all cookies atm, but i cant find any from ft or lupinia. hmmm.....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 06:56:39 pm by Fenn »

Offline Fenn

• Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 07:24:15 pm »
Error: smf_charset is not defined
Source File: http://www.furryteens.org/forum/Themes/default/sha1.js
Line: 219

found that sifting through my FF error console. im not comp lit enough to know A. what it means and B. what to do about it, though. but it WAS the first error in the list, and FT was the first place i tried to go to with my new toy (other than Insightbb webmail being my homepage, and it came through error-free). AND it is so far the only site i cant log into using FF. any thoughts?

GAHHH!!! this is irritating. im going to go farm for artistic skill for a bit, if you know what i mean lol.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:41:17 pm by Fenn »

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 48
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 10:23:50 pm »
Maybe you should change your theme?

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 10:55:52 pm »
hmm... idk what the deal is, but ill snoop around a bit and see whats turned on and off and stuff. i swear, i hate IE.... ill check to see if it's PHP related too, since this is the only PHP site i hang around on much at all. lol, this is something to keep me occupied for a bit....

PHP is entirely server-side, the browser only sees the part of the script that it absolutely has to, so there shouldn't be an issue with it on any browser written in the last decade.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline linkthegamer

• CreatureS Dev Rat/Mouse
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 4
  • I'm in your computer, gaining root access.
    • Linkthegamer's hompage
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 12:13:48 am »
I think I had this problem too. If you haven't fixed it then try what i did. Click the log-in tab of FT then click ''Forgot password?" and type in your e-mail. In the E-mail is a link, click it then change your password. After that log-in and select forever has the session time. Now go to the Profile tab and go to Account Related Settings and change your password there. That seemed to fix my problem. Note that deleting the cookies related to this site may not work because it will just reissue them to you. I really hope this helps you.  :fox-:P:

Offline Fenn

• Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:37:32 pm »
i tried that too, thinking i just forgot my pw (although i found that unlikely). didnt work either -_- ill try changing my theme though, and see if that helps (looking at that error again, i wonder why i didnt think of that earlier. *sighs* dang i must've been tired, i normally notice stuff like that when the possible answer appears in bright blue, in a rather short string of text that i have personally copy/pasted :()

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 25
  • Contrary to popular views, the 'net is for cats
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 09:40:02 pm »
Um...could you rephrase that?

Offline Fenn

• Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 09:49:57 pm »
what, why i thought that i was a dingus? the error code i posted appears in bright blue on the normal theme setting. sticks out like a sore thumb. and just by looking at the web address in question, i can tell that Firefox was having trouble with my board theme. and i personally pasted it in my posts (which i normally look back over as a habbit, to check all of my enclosures and stuff (like parenthesis).

oh, and Link's idea i already tried, and it didnt work.

did that help clear up my sloppy mess of a post? i can be bad for that sometimes :(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:55:52 pm by Fenn »

Offline Fenn

• Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 12:00:20 am »
GAAAAHHH!!!! it didnt work!!! well, i'm spent of ideas, and almost all of my patience.... i might just uninstal/redownload/reinstal and see if i did something when i downloaded it, but if that doesnt do it then im stumped!

im going to a friend's house tomorrow, and i think i has FF on either his compy, or his grandparents' (ill see him at his gp's sunday). so ill check it there too if i can. this is absolutely ridiculous....

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 12:33:38 am »
I reset your theme, see if that helps.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Offline Fenn

• Yellow Level
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 11:16:03 am »
nope, didnt work. you know, it is ONLY this site im having trouble with, as far as i can tell. i might retry Link's idea, and then i might reinstal if it still doesnt work. it has to be an error i made, if im one of the only people having/had trouble like this. ill see what i can come up with, but until then i'll just have to use IE. i hate IE...