Author Topic: fursuiting section  (Read 549 times)

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• That Awsome Guy You Know
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 41
    • Twitter - @Eagle_GodHeart
  • Fursona Species: wolvinix
fursuiting section
« on: April 14, 2015, 09:59:25 am »
has anyone suggested a fursuiting section for this site? i mean really think about it a place to post pictures of suits you've finished and/or working on not to mention posting tips on how to make one.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
Re: fursuiting section
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:20:07 am »
i don't think it's a popular enough subject for it's own board
maybe a subboard on the art board?
there's a couple fursuit threads hanging around the general board and the art board
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:23:39 am »
well who would i have to talk to ta get a child board in the art section?
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 811
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 10:30:54 am »
There's a fursuit thread in general chatter but barely gets any activity (maybe a post a week) so a like Vaporwave said a board would probably be pretty dead. If you're making a suit though you can make a thread about it in the art board and they get lots of activity there :fox-:): and messaging an admin would be best if you wanted to try to set up a sub board :fox-:):
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 10:32:40 am »
thanks for the info. well does anyone know of a modding section on here or would that be considered spam and testing.

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 811
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 10:35:14 am »
I think it'd fit into techy talk as long as it was people sharing their mods or tips and stuff
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Skyy

• Green Level
  • Candies: 107
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 10:35:27 am »
thanks for the info. well does anyone know of a modding section on here or would that be considered spam and testing.

Probably Techie Talk

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:38:45 am »
The problem with a sub-board is that it actually decreases the activity on its threads unless it's a subject that has a critical mass of activity.  It's why the Art board isn't subdivided; if we had separate sub-boards for things like writing and photography, no one would ever look at them.  Fursuiting is the same way; if we created a sub-board for fursuiting, the most likely consequence is that we would have fewer discussions about it, and topics discussing it would have far less traffic, because we just don't get that many fursuiting discussions.

Discussions of fursuit construction, including how-to guides and project threads, should go in Artwork (which we should probably rename, since confusion about what it includes is not uncommon).  Discussions of other people's fursuits, or fursuiting in general, should probably go in General.

EDIT:

I think it'd fit into techy talk as long as it was people sharing their mods or tips and stuff

I'm not sure what sort of modding you're talking about, but if it's fursuit-related, it should go in Artwork, because fursuiting is a creative art.  If you're talking about video games, electronics, or cars, then yes, Techie Talk.  And, since a surprising number of people post legitimate discussions in the Spam board, I wanted to clarify that its purpose is for games, and other threads of no real substance or discussion value.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:42:15 am by Meadow Whisper (Natasha) »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 10:40:15 am »
thank you all for the help, and does anyone here know anyone who is skilled at modding? morrowind especially since thats the project im working on now.