Author Topic: Reminder: Anti-Gay & Anti-Religious Statements  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 579
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
Reminder: Anti-Gay & Anti-Religious Statements
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:06:49 pm »
Hi everyone!

As I'm sure you all have noticed, we've recently had an influx of more conservative posts in the Debate board. While we welcome all opinions and beliefs here, this puts us in a place to remind everyone that anti-gay statements in any context are not allowed. This is a safe space for all identities, so we ask that you please keep those opinions to yourself. (Saying that you don't believe in gay marriage is okay; however telling gay people that they're going to hell or holding an extended "debate" over why their existence is wrong is not.)

Following that, we also remind you that attacking another's religion will not be tolerated. Again, we welcome all beliefs here, and we expect them all to get along. As always, friendly debate is allowed--but continually bashing someone's beliefs or baiting them into fights is not. There are ways to debate differences in religion without taking it to a personal level.

Anyone engaging in either of these behaviors will be subject to disciplinary action. We work hard to make this a fun place for everyone, but for that to fully happen, we need you to respect your fellow members. If you have any concerns, or questions about what is and isn't allowed, feel free to post here or contact a staff member directly. Thank you!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Skyy

• Green Level
  • Candies: 107
Re: Reminder: Anti-Gay & Anti-Religious Statements
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:08:41 pm »
Thanks for explaining this Panda!  :fox-:):

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 811
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 12:13:31 pm »
Thank you staff for keeping this forum a safe place <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Eriadam

• The Scarfed One
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 244
  • Tell me if you need help. I am always there for ya
  • Fursona Species: Light-Blue Wolf
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »
Yeah! This is an amazing place! Let's hope it wont happen again ^^''

''And if you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself
Get a better mirror
Look a little closer, Stare a little longer
Because there’s something inside you, that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit''

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 80
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 12:17:38 pm »
Lets hope this never happens again. :blush-fox:
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »
I know we'll do our best to avoid that any situation like this one repeats itself! Thanks for doing a great job in the forum!
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Voltz

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 306
  • Fursona Species: -
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »
Thank you for keeping this a safe environment for everyone :)
  • Pronouns: -

Offline McGeekster

• Dancing in the rain~~~
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • The rest is still unwritten
  • Fursona Species: New England Rabbit
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 09:27:55 pm »
Yay, safety! Thanks for being a responsible admin and not letting the situation get any further out of hand.
"Let dance become an extension of your soul. Every time you dance, this extra part of you evolves into something even more beautiful. Share this beauty with the world. That is the purpose of a dancer."
-Anonymous

Offline Husky_

• Need help?, just PM me. :)
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Just a casual Furry Passing by.
    • DeviantArt - spikezcat
  • Fursona Species: Husky <3
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 06:15:45 am »
Thanks for sharing this Panda, I am sure this place wouldn't get any Anti LGBT members posting stuff like that, and if this happens-that's why we have the staff to sort that out.  :fox-;):

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 12:04:08 pm »
It should also be noted that agreeing with/fueling anti-gay or anti-religious statements is also subject to disciplinary action. Even if you didn't technically start the argument, continuing it still detracts from this being a safe space.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline The Last Raven

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 19
  • If you don't succeed at first, get a bigger gun.
    • DeviantArt - Swift207
    • FurAffinity - Swift Shadowfire
    • YSFlight Forums Profile
  • Fursona Species: Avian White Folf, White Wolf, White Folfess, Black Folf
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 12:37:01 pm »
i find it interesting how my posts about this keep being deleted  :???: . you guys have got the perfect excuses to ban ppl you don't like.
  • Pronouns: Him/His/He/They/Them/Her/Hers - imma guy tho so don't get confused

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• That Awsome Guy You Know
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 41
    • Twitter - @Eagle_GodHeart
  • Fursona Species: wolvinix
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 12:45:02 pm »
hey theyve been doin the same thing to me. even the ones mentioning that i was banned................ so you guys trying to coer up the truth or somthing? but now that i write this it sounds a little paranoid................. eh who cares?
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo

Offline The Last Raven

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - Swift207
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 12:46:49 pm »
hey theyve been doin the same thing to me. even the ones mentioning that i was banned................ so you guys trying to coer up the truth or somthing? but now that i write this it sounds a little paranoid................. eh who cares?

paranoid is a cliche anymore, but i agree. what are you ppl trying to cover up?

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 12:48:45 pm »
personally i think they're trying to cover they're @$$es like the gov. does every now and then........... but to be honest if were going to discus this further we should probably do it some where else cause' im not getting banned again this soon after i got back................ not to mention i dont need to ruin FT for anyone at school since im using theyre IP adress.
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo

Offline The Last Raven

• Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - Swift207
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 12:51:39 pm »
personally i think they're trying to cover they're @$$es like the gov. does every now and then........... but to be honest if were going to discus this further we should probably do it some where else cause' im not getting banned again this soon after i got back................ not to mention i dont need to ruin FT for anyone at school since im using theyre IP adress.

agreed. i'd hate to ruin FT's spotlessness. you win this battle FT, i'm shutting up.

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 12:52:31 pm »
same here (for now on this site) i have better things to do than argue with a PC machine..................

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 12:53:31 pm »
We're not "covering up" anything--we simply don't allow people to discuss their bans here, as it usually causes unnecessary [heated] discussions.
Us enforcing this rule is nothing new; in fact, respect the beliefs, ideals, opinions, hobbies, and identities of other members is rule #2 in our official rules. Please understand, it has nothing to do with whether we like you, we're just trying to ensure a safe space for everyone.

If you have further comments or concerns, feel free to message a staff member directly.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 303
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 01:01:44 pm »
Furthermore, we deleted posts concerning your bans because it isn't advisable to question or discuss the terms of your bans publicly. A lot of it comes across as attacks made against us for our decision. Plus it violates our rule against public accusations of staff misconduct.

6.  No public accusations of staff misconduct.
Our staff members go through a rigorous training and screening process, and most have been members since the site was founded.  They are highly trusted to perform their duties in a professional manner without bias, and they are required to be as fair as possible.  If you have an issue with the behaviour or performance of a staff member, please do not post about it publicly.  Such accusations are very serious, and will be treated as such by the administrators.  Instead, send an email or private message to one of the administrators, and your issue will be handled confidentially by us.  We want to make sure everyone feels welcome here, but we also put a large amount of effort into recruiting and training the best staff members we can.

As Panda said, if you feel you were wrongfully banned or have concerns with the conduct of staff, please message us privately instead of posting about it on the forum.
We try to respond to every case and every individual fairly, no matter who they are or what they claim to believe about us.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor