Author Topic: My older brother found my twitter  (Read 551 times)

Offline Kaneo

• Attack For Lacrosse (Profile pic by Shiragi)
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 14
  • When Life Gives You Lemons...Make It Awesome
    • Twitter - @Kaneo_Malamute
  • Fursona Species: Alaskan Malamute
My older brother found my twitter
« on: April 26, 2015, 08:16:09 pm »
Ok so my older brother found my twitter but its like my fursona's twitter i just made it based on a lot of different people saying if you want to talk to furries thats the way too and I only follow like 2 people but one of my friends from school that my older brother knows is like a mutaul follower or something. Now the problem is my older brother is a lot older than I am and him and my mom talk to each other a lot (he lives in a different state) so he knew i was a furry due to my mom telling because i accidently told my mom. So anyway now im worried that hes going to see something due  to how twitter works that someone i didnt even follow posts and because furries twitters from what ive seen have a lot of drinking and sexual stuff im worried hes going to tell my mom something along the lines of "my brother is into some weird crap or drinking or something dumb because of this now im really worried and like stressing out i lied and said it wasnt my account but my older brother basically proved it was mine. Im legit freaking out.  :sad-fox: :sad-fox: :sad-fox:

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: My older brother found my twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 09:24:11 pm »
Twitter works in weird ways, but you can always set your account as a private account. Then, only people you allow can follow you and see your tweets. I'm not on there very often, but I keep two separate accounts: my personal account and a fursona account. I used to keep mine protected, but I didn't tweet often enough to be worried about people seeing things. But, back to the topic on hand.

First of all, if you're worried, set your account to a protected status. Secondly, you can always block your brother if you're super-paranoid. Even if he does follow you, he won't see things tweeted by people you follow unless a) he follows them or b) you retweet it. Also, most furries who post sexual things on Twitter have what's called an "after dark" account, which is an account that is used exclusively for sexual stuff and is separate from their main account (and typically protected as well). That way their main account is still SFW.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline Husky_

• Need help?, just PM me. :)
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Just a casual Furry Passing by.
    • DeviantArt - spikezcat
  • Fursona Species: Husky <3
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 02:50:31 am »
Tricky situation to be in, I would be happy to help via pm if you get too worried about it.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Online Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 09:58:57 am »
I agree what FurryLifeGuard said, set your account on private so he can't see stuff. Also blocking him would be good unless he finds put you blocked him then he might become suspicious. But really if he knows you're a furry there's nothing to really be worried about, just be careful of who you follow and what you retweet and you'll be fine :fox-:):
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft