Author Topic: Useless group project  (Read 314 times)

Offline Vice The Fox

• That one weird guy with all the quotes
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Ermagerd! owo
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Useless group project
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:53:11 am »
Would have wrote about this earlier, but I've been busy

A while back my Spanish teacher assigned us a project where we would have to write a childrens book entirely in spanish.
She also added in something like "If you get any help from someone outside the group or use a translator you'll get it written down on your permanent record" or something intimidating.

Anyways. My group has One other person besides me who has even touched the document that we are writing all of the information/sentences down on. The third person hasn't made a single change to the document.

Should I just carry said third person to victory (a grade lower than a  C) or tell the teacher that they haven't done a single thing?

The project is almost over now soooo. .. . yeah. Its due Tuesday I think.
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
". . . She said I looked like the lobster from the little mermaid. . . But it was from a girl, so i took it as a compliment" -Wolfer210, 2015
"later she said I looked like Jesus. I took that as a compliment also."

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 811
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
Re: Useless group project
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:07:20 am »
I think tou should tell the thrasher about the third person, if they haven't done anything then they don't deserve the mark that you and the other group memebers worked hard for. Even if the teacher doesn't do anything at least they know that person didn't do their fair share which may show up in other parts of their report card. I've been in situations like this in the past and usually don't report them since I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but usually regret it in the end, especially if the project ends up getting a good mark and it boots their grade for doing nothing. Nothing bad will come from telling the teacher so I think it'd be a good idea
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:34:03 am »
The way I learned to solve this problem was to tell the teacher that they weren't helping, and if they continued to not help then I wouldn't put their name on any credits if they didn't do any work. Sure it would annoy them and sometimes the teacher, but the teacher would always end up giving them a lower mark than the rest of the group as a result.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 12:07:20 pm »
Have you spoken to them about not helping?

Offline ArtificialSweetener

• "... follow out the happiest story—
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 166
  • It closes with a tomb!”
    • DeviantArt - I-Eat-Elves
    • FurAffinity - ArtificialSweetener
    • Twitter - CarcinogenSugar
  • Fursona Species: Dog Mutt
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 05:16:18 pm »
Warn the person. Just tell them honestly if they don't do their part you will tell the teacher.
If they still don't help then get the teacher involved.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
“Stanzas” by Emily Brontë
My Skype is on my profile with other contact info. Don't hesitate to message me.