Author Topic: Reminder: Don't be afraid to contact staff!  (Read 2357 times)

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 595
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
Reminder: Don't be afraid to contact staff!
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:52:28 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that it is COMPLETELY okay to contact ANY member of staff with concerns, questions, or problems.
Lately, I've been seeing/hearing of a LOT of people complain about something the staff should/shouldn't be doing. A good example is people not getting their PM bans lifted--and not going to staff about it.

It makes me sad, because we aim to be a friendly place. Please don't be scared to contact us! (And don't be afraid to use the "Report Post" button, either) Staff gets busy, so sometimes we don't always remember to lift bans and we miss things. If you need a thread deleted or want a thread you started to be locked, let a member of staff know, please c: Even if you're not sure who to contact, they'll lead you in the right direction or pass the message on.

You won't get in trouble if you contact the wrong person or raise a concern about something "small". We don't bite, I promise!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:02:26 pm by Panda »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
Re: Reminder: Don't be afraid to contact staff!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:58:00 pm »
Oh but you're all so scary. Whatever shall I do if I have a problem? It would be so scary to simply send you guys a message concerning my issue. I think I'll just complain about it elsewhere and indirectly. (sarcasm)

Anyways, I didn't realize this was a problem. Thanks on behalf of all our other members, especially the newbies, on bringing this too a little more light.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:04 pm »
On a related note, if you're having a problem with the site, your account, or anything of the sort, never assume the staff already know about it.  We'd rather get nagged than not know about something that needs to be addressed.  I can't speak for other sites, but here at FT, the staff are here to help you, and the titles are only given to mature, reasonable people who are friendly, helpful, and professional :-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Toranar

• He who falls from walls
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 36
  • Pic by Princess Rei
    • FurAffinity - Toranar
  • Fursona Species: Manx Loaghtan Sheep
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:15:45 am »
^ Don't trust her! They gave ME a modding position! And I'm CRAZY!!!

Just kidding, well, I don't know, I could go into the philosophy behind sanity, but I have a headache, so meh. Yeah, unless I'm asleep or at work, I ALWAYS have my phone handy, and it'll tell me when I've gotten an email, so if you send a report I'll know :P And if it has anything to do with my two boards (yay i love this job :D ) I'll do what I can as soon as possible, even if I have to do it on my break at work! XD
So yeah, here to help :)

(Plus I secretly just felt like posting on here to feel like part of the team :D Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)
  • Site Donor
"The townspeople need you, they've been sad for a while
They march around, faces frown and never seem to smile
And if you feel like helping, we'd appreciate a loooooot
If you get up there and spread some cheer from here to Canterlooooooot!"- Applejack's best line ever. And my favorite song line.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 07:36:17 pm »
Bumping this :D

Another quick thing: We have policies and rules in place for a reason. We do NOT delete or edit things "for no reason." If your post was edited or deleted, it was because it broke one of our rules (usually involving illegal content). Also, keep in mind that this is still furry teens--we try to be lenient, but we do have young members here and some things are just not appropriate. We do NOT censor things. If you have any questions/concerns about this, or feel your post(s) was unfairly edited, please contact one of us. We don't want anyone feeling like they're being unjustly censored here.

I hope I made sense! As always, thanks for reading and feel free to post here with any questions <3
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:26:24 pm by Panda »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 04:08:25 pm »
Well this is reassuring to hear, the other furry forum I'm on has a relatively unfriendly staff (save for like one or two) and if you go to them with a problem usually they just blame you.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:29:37 pm »
Important add, please read
Apparently this needs more clarification: Reporting something to staff will NOT get you in any kind of trouble.
This INCLUDES concerns with staff. Just like posts, we miss bad behaviors sometimes, so if you experience a problem with any member of staff, PLEASE contact us about it.

We have a built a strong community here, and don't want to see it fall to pieces because people are afraid to contact us. Our staff is held to a high standard of behavior, so we welcome any concerns about that. Again, you will NOT get in trouble. Whomever you contact will NOT judge you, and it will remain anonymous if asked.

We are always striving to make this a better place for you all, so we welcome all forms of help <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Ngm1998

• *Slams face on table*
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 51
  • IM BACK BB
    • DeviantArt - ngm1998
    • FurAffinity - mewlover187
  • Fursona Species: Shiny mew
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 11:06:02 pm »
Um I only sent like two pm's today and I got my privileges taken I don't understand I looked at the pm abuse rules and it says sixty pm's in thirty days which I definitely have not hit by a long shot.
  • Pronouns: Her/She/Hers
MEWS, MEWS EVERYWHERE!

IM AN ENIGMA!!!

Trans pride~ <3

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »
Um I only sent like two pm's today and I got my privileges taken I don't understand I looked at the pm abuse rules and it says sixty pm's in thirty days which I definitely have not hit by a long shot.

I sent you a warning a couple days ago. I  won't post it publicly, but you exceeded the 60 PMs/month by a long shot. I can provide a screenshot, if you'd like
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Ngm1998

• *Slams face on table*
  • Blue Level
  • IM BACK BB
    • DeviantArt - ngm1998
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »
Oh well I am sorry I did not know it was that many......
MEWS, MEWS EVERYWHERE!

IM AN ENIGMA!!!

Trans pride~ <3

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 11:28:46 pm »
Oh well I am sorry I did not know it was that many......

That's fine, just try to be more careful <3
I know its a bit annoying to have a limit, but we need it to keep the site running smoothly. Too many PMs puts a strain on the server
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Ngm1998

• *Slams face on table*
  • Blue Level
  • IM BACK BB
    • DeviantArt - ngm1998
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »
I understand thank you for telling me.
MEWS, MEWS EVERYWHERE!

IM AN ENIGMA!!!

Trans pride~ <3

Offline Subzero

• JB17
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 71
    • FurAffinity - szsubzero01
    • Twitter - SubzeroCheetah
  • Fursona Species: Cheetah
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 11:27:39 am »
IF YOU JOINED THE SITE DURING OR AFTER THE SUMMER OF 2013, I ASK FOR YOUR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION THROUGHOUT THIS POST. Thank you!

New members, there is a ton of you! Welcome to the site! It can be a very heartwarming place where you can be someone who you may not always be able to be in real life (that is, you can show your furry side of yourself). As the future of this site, I please ask ALL OF YOU to have your own opinions, and DO NOT listen to someone who has a staffing title, PURELY because of the title itself. I ask of you to think of them just like any other member of the site.

But as the posts above me state, yes do not be afraid to contact staff. But just know that the staffing team here will not always take into account what you have to say. It has become evident to me over my 17 months on the site that the staff will always look out for themselves before looking out for their members (which I think is very wrong). There are some members of staff who are very capable of holding their positions, but there are others who are clearly not mature enough to be in power. But with this fact, the staff will never admit to any mistakes, because the staffing team elects their own new members of staff, into staff. Therefore it would look bad if they admitted to any mistakes that they ultimately made (if that makes sense).

But in summation, the FT staff is a clique on the site, and they look down on you. They may listen to what you have to say, but there is a very high chance that they will not do much to address any problems you have. They will do what they want, and not really what you want. They tend to not be reasonable, and have proven to be very uncoordinated. There have been multiple members on the site which they have forced off due to their unruly behaviour, and I just do not want this to happen to anyone else.

Of course, I could provide examples. I will not, however because that is extremely unprofessional and time consuming – this post is already long enough. It is unlikely I will reply back on this thread after I post this, but my skype is on my profile if you are dying to know more. Members, look out for yourselves please. Do not become too attached to the site, because it is too easy to be driven away from it from unexpected conflicts. But make sure to have fun! =)

AS FOR THE STAFF I have read over your rules, and this post does not violate any of them. I hope this is a wake-up call to you guys, and you can build on this to do a better job hosting your community on the site. One thing I would like to make clear is that I do not have anything personal against any of you. If any of you message me over skype just to have an everyday conversation, I would be more than happy to do so :). I am not a villain like some of you may think I am. I wish you all the best!

-   SZ

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 02:20:58 pm »
Subzero's right--staff members ARE still members of the site, and are real people, so please don't just mindlessly listen to anything we say. I love connecting with all of you, so I put "forum member" first and Admin title second (unless of course, the situation says differently). That's me personally, but I think I speak for most of the other staff members. After all, we wouldn't be here if we didn't love talking to all of you c:

However, we still need respect. We respect all of you, and in turn, hope you respect all of us. Respect doesn't need to be blind, though. If you don't agree with something we've said or done, please let us know. We will try our best to correct it, or at the very least listen, explain, and find a middle ground. We don't want to rule with an iron fist so like I've said many times in this thread and others, we value your opinions.

I care about all of you. FT's become my second home and the main reason I stay in the fandom. I do NOT want anyone to feel left out because of cliques, or that they're being looked down on by someone with a staff title. I know sometimes that's unavoidable in a growing community, but we still try to steer clear of that, and it pains me whenever I see someone leave for those reasons.

All of the staffs' inboxes are open, always. Whether its for a problem, a question, or just a chat. We can't grow the community if staff thinks they're better than the members. And our staff go through a rigorous screening process for that reason, among others. We elect people who very clearly care about the individual members, and the site as a whole.

That being said, if you agree with Subzero's post, please let me or another staff member know. We would appreciate specific examples so we can avoid doing such behaviors in the future. After all, we can't correct something if we're given nothing to go off of.

Thank you for reading and Subzero, thank you for your post.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Subzero

• JB17
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 71
    • FurAffinity - szsubzero01
    • Twitter - SubzeroCheetah
  • Fursona Species: Cheetah
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 07:57:03 pm »
Subzero's right--staff members ARE still members of the site, and are real people, so please don't just mindlessly listen to anything we say. I love connecting with all of you, so I put "forum member" first and Admin title second (unless of course, the situation says differently). That's me personally, but I think I speak for most of the other staff members. After all, we wouldn't be here if we didn't love talking to all of you c:

However, we still need respect. We respect all of you, and in turn, hope you respect all of us. Respect doesn't need to be blind, though. If you don't agree with something we've said or done, please let us know. We will try our best to correct it, or at the very least listen, explain, and find a middle ground. We don't want to rule with an iron fist so like I've said many times in this thread and others, we value your opinions.

I care about all of you. FT's become my second home and the main reason I stay in the fandom. I do NOT want anyone to feel left out because of cliques, or that they're being looked down on by someone with a staff title. I know sometimes that's unavoidable in a growing community, but we still try to steer clear of that, and it pains me whenever I see someone leave for those reasons.

All of the staffs' inboxes are open, always. Whether its for a problem, a question, or just a chat. We can't grow the community if staff thinks they're better than the members. And our staff go through a rigorous screening process for that reason, among others. We elect people who very clearly care about the individual members, and the site as a whole.

That being said, if you agree with Subzero's post, please let me or another staff member know. We would appreciate specific examples so we can avoid doing such behaviors in the future. After all, we can't correct something if we're given nothing to go off of.

Thank you for reading and Subzero, thank you for your post.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with a lot of what you said :/. I feel as thought you guys do rule with an iron fist. I messaged you privately about it, if you have the time for me.

Also
All of the staffs' inboxes are open, always. Whether its for a problem, a question, or just a chat.
...Except one of your staffing members blocked me on skype for having a valid opinion :P. So everyone except that one I suppose. FT is not a good source of communication for me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:26:38 pm by Subzero »

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »
Bumping this thread due to the recent problems the website has had. We're fully aware that a lot of people aren't happy on the site as of late. People have told us that they're feeling bullied and harassed. As of now, we're doing the best we can to respond to everybody's problems. We've made a few mistakes along the way since; for that we're incredibly sorry. Truthfully, nobody should feel harassed or bullied on and off the site. If you have a problem with a member, please report it to us and we'll do the best we can to resolve the situation. We're always willing to listen no matter how great or small you think your problem is.

We've already responded to some cases and we're continuing to try to resolve problems within the community. Always feel free to come to us with any problems that you might have. Part of the staff's aim is to respond respectfully to everybody's opinions and maintain confidentiality. You can also help by continuing to report posts. More members have been doing that lately, and it's really being helping us remove content that violates the rules and is offensive. So thanks a lot, guys. <3
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His