Author Topic: age restrictions  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• That Awsome Guy You Know
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 41
    • Twitter - @Eagle_GodHeart
  • Fursona Species: wolvinix
age restrictions
« on: May 19, 2015, 11:34:01 am »
hey what are the age restrictions on here? because a friend of mine wants to join but hes no longer a teen anymore. so yeah.............
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo

Offline Eriadam

• The Scarfed One
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 245
  • Tell me if you need help. I am always there for ya
  • Fursona Species: Light-Blue Wolf
Re: age restrictions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:37:30 am »
Everythign is listed in rules of the forum. Give it a deeper read  :fox-:):

''And if you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself
Get a better mirror
Look a little closer, Stare a little longer
Because there’s something inside you, that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit''

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 12:05:07 pm »
The site is called Furry Teens for a reason. He'll probably have to get permission from an admin to join. There's tons of normal furry forums out there for furs of all ages, I'd recommend he joins one of those since the people on them would likely have more similar interests, The Furry Fourms (http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/) is a nice active one

*edit. From the forum rules
"Welcome to Furry Teens!  This site is a community for young members of the furry fandom (typically aged 13-20) to meet each other"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:13:40 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 12:10:56 pm »
On the front of the site when you search for it.
'Forum for furs aged between 13-25 to meet and learn about the fandom'.

Though I don't think joining around 20+ ish age is that good of an idea considering the majority of the members of the forum are younger than that and you wouldn't be on for much longer after that. However that is just my opinion.

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 12:27:40 pm »
ive always wonderd what would you do if your a VERY active member after you passed like 26?
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Merry and Bright
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »
ive always wonderd what would you do if your a VERY active member after you passed like 26?
Members aren't forced to leave when they get older, we have a few people in their 20s. Most do leave though because they start to not share interests with the younger members and get bored. As far as I know older furries aren't encouraged to join though since the site is intended for teens
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 12:33:38 pm »
eh good to know. most likely once i get my forum going i probably wont be on here but still its nice to know they wont get rid of my account.

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 12:36:02 pm »
eh good to know. most likely once i get my forum going i probably wont be on here but still its nice to know they wont get rid of my account.
I don't think they ever delete your account since it would delete all your posts in the process. Even if you leave your profile would stay as part of the site. That's kinda nice knowing we all sort of become part of the forums history :fox-:P:.

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• Green Level
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 12:38:10 pm »
I don't think they ever delete your account since it would delete all your posts in the process. Even if you leave your profile would stay as part of the site. That's kinda nice knowing we all sort of become part of the forums history :fox-:P:.

true. heh. if FT is still here in like 20 years it would be nice to have like a reunion and do like special prizes like "most annoying posts" or "coolest profile pic." you know something like that.

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Merry and Bright
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 12:39:37 pm »
The staff don't delete accounts. It affects everyone's post counts and takes away from the history of the site
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline LANCIFROST

• Let's go!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 103
  • A' suh dudes!
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:26:07 pm »
While we have the usual age restrictions of up to 20ish, if someone joins that's over that by a couple years we tend to let it go as many of those new members leave quickly after, due to this being so teen-centric and not nearly as interesting to someone who may be a bit older.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Voltz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 306
  • Fursona Species: -
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 06:13:50 pm »
FA forums have a lot of older members on it and would probably be better for your friend in terms of uh "fitting in"? Not to sound rude or anything...
  • Pronouns: -

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 594
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 09:03:46 pm »
FA forums have a lot of older members on it and would probably be better for your friend in terms of uh "fitting in"? Not to sound rude or anything...

They also have a pretty toxic community, so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone =P
The Furry Forum Mystic linked seems pretty okay, I've been nosing around there a bit
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Merry and Bright
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 09:54:01 pm »

They also have a pretty toxic community, so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone =P
The Furry Forum Mystic linked seems pretty okay, I've been nosing around there a bit
I agree with the stuff about the fa forums, they are interesting and it takes a special type of person to fit in there
I joined the forum I linked sometime last year, it was nice and the members and staff seem friendly, I just never got into it because most of the members aren't teens so i didnt find it very interesting, Id recommend it though for your friend eagle since im sure they will fit in fine :fox-:):
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist