Author Topic: iPad photo problem  (Read 625 times)

Offline MysticSolstice

• <3
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 878
  • Love is love
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Fairy-Dragon-Wolf hybrid
iPad photo problem
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »
So I found a really nice pixel art app for my iPad, it works great and let's me do transparent backgrounds and I can save the drawings with the transparent backgrounds onto my iPad. They're definitely transparents because the background colour will change depending on if you click it or not. However when I try to upload it to imgur or another site my iPad changes it to a JPEG with a white background. I tested it on some normal images with transparent backgrounds and the same thing happens. Does anyone know how to work around this problem so I can upload the transparent backgrounds or prevent my iPad are changing them to JPEGs?

*Edit, adding photos to show what I'm explaining

I'm going to use this badge by Lupeyroo as an example because I know when I uploaded it to fa it was a .png, so here it has a transparent background

When I save the image the transparent background saved because when the image is in my photo library it shows up with a white background, but when I click on it it shows up with a black background. If it had saved with a background it shouldn't be changing colour and would appear as black or white in both places

When I try to upload it to imgur it's says its a JPEG even though it was originally a png

Amd finally when I upload it to imgur it's got a white background instead of a transparent one

Basically I want to be able to save and upload photos while keeping the transparent background, thanks in advance if you can help :fox-:):
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:22:27 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - lesbian
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 189
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
Re: iPad photo problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:15:41 pm »
The file size is probably too large. Most sites like Imgur convert PNG images to JPGs automatically, as PNGs are too big.

I suggest using a site like this to compress your PNG image.

Good luck to you. :fox-:P:
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - aromantic
Icon by Nagi. :rose:

Offline MysticSolstice

• <3
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 878
  • Love is love
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Fairy-Dragon-Wolf hybrid
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 10:51:39 am »
Thanks for the help but when I try to upload it to that site is a JPEG too :c it's like my iPad is converting them when I try to upload them  even though they're being stored as .pngs, it seems weird that it would change like that but maybe it's just Apple? It's not a big deal since I can always just go on laptop to do art. Thanks for the help <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - lesbian
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Voltz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 306
  • Fursona Species: -
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:12:23 am »
Normally I'd be all over these techie issues, but sadly I don't use/like Apple products so I don't feel like I would be of any assistance. I've never heard of these things happening before myself, but I can believe sites doing conversations as a way to save bandwidth. Then again it could be Apple doing it too since the average user doesn't need PNG format files >.> (IMO they should...)

Anyways you have the right idea going for the laptop to handle the art uploading needs on c:
  • Pronouns: -