Author Topic: This site needs a theme tune!  (Read 481 times)

Offline JJ Husky / James

• JJ 16 yr old Veterinary Ninja Pianist guy!
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • Music Is Life. Rolaplaying is Fun. Dass It ;D
    • DeviantArt - Diego Lawrence
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger
This site needs a theme tune!
« on: June 07, 2015, 06:18:57 pm »
So basically this site has been going for absolutely years, and brings about a lot of history (for some of you maybe idk im new hehe) from what i can tell. Although i may still be in school >~< I am still a fairly skilled musician/musical composer, and because i enjoy making random music, I've decided that this forums needs its own theme song ^,^ I have no idea how it woukd work and be played to everyone but thise are minor details x.x I am thinking of a sort of electronic ragtime or something of the sort - I'm thinking lyrics as well.

What I need from you guys-

So as im new and im sure there are lots of people here with lots and lots more time on this forum than me, If there is any PARTICULAR history you remember that is of any significance, or maybe even a list of things that make this site significant, post it below and I'll see what I can do with those ^,^

if you have any ideas or wishes for the song imolementations, wether that be a specific key (idk maybe someone has a f major addiction or something) or a musically themed idea (such as a wacky cadence you know or a crazy pentatonic score mix, I want your opinions.

if im gonna do this, I want it to not just be good music, but I want everyone to enjoy it, and I want it to feel belonging ^,^ When I post my prototypes - don't be afraid to criticise, its a musicians job to be criticised - just make it constructive rather than 'eughhhhhhh you suckkkkk whyyyy did you evennnn', more like 'I liked how you did X, however if you did Y to Z then the V would become more harmonised blah blah musical terminolo blah blah'

Dont be afraid to post below - 'tll make my life easier  :fox-:P:, Hope this goes to plan ^,^
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Martial arts is a way of expressing one's elegance combined with strength, agility and speed. Medicine is a way of showing compassion for others. Music is an expression of feeling. This is what describes me.

Offline JJ Husky / James

• Orange Level
Re: This site needs a theme tune!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 05:53:13 pm »
THE ABOVE THEME HAS BEEN ABANDONED because i coukdn't be bothered

i have decided to instead create a melody with a furry i found (from my school what are the odds  :fox-:P:) that is about the ENTIRE fandom. This is probably going to be used as a promotional song for the local fandom/setting up a furmeet in bedfordshire/as a furry song.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Martial arts is a way of expressing one's elegance combined with strength, agility and speed. Medicine is a way of showing compassion for others. Music is an expression of feeling. This is what describes me.

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 830
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:18:01 pm »
This sounds like a cool idea! I'm not very musical but I wish you and your friend good luck and I'd love to listen to it when you're done :fox-:):
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 177
  • STERLING
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 09:46:03 am »
-Good intro with a strong drumline

-Decide how long you want it to me (30 second theme song, 1 minute, 2 minutes, etc.)

If you need help writing anything let me know, or critiquing

Offline JJ Husky / James

• Orange Level
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 07:18:36 am »
This sounds like a cool idea! I'm not very musical but I wish you and your friend good luck and I'd love to listen to it when you're done :fox-:):
Thanks ^.^ Ill be sure to post the link to the upload (wherever it may be) on here when we're done c:

And xantera, im starting with a monophonic piano melody line with leads to an introductional first verse, which develops in verse 1.2, to then come into a fully integrated piece in the chorus, as i think the verse needs to be more subtle rather than being influenced by a drumline, however I may end up adding hat-bass accompaniment on verse 2 onwards. Itll be about 3 minutes i think. Id love to hear feedback after im done c: