Author Topic: Fallout 4: Opinions and Ideas  (Read 710 times)

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Cookies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
Fallout 4: Opinions and Ideas
« on: June 17, 2015, 03:49:25 pm »
I know that the forum already has a thread for Fallout, and specifically Fallout 4.
But now that we know of the games true existence I figured we needed something like this.

What are your opinions on Fallout 4's enhanced gameplay?
What do you think about the games many new features such as Settlement Building, Weapon Customization, Power Armor Customization.

And is there anything that you want to see added or taken away from the game?
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Re: Fallout 4: Opinions and Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 10:38:55 pm »
Currently, I feel like the game may be trying to hard to push the dog onto the player. My concern is not with dog but with how it's AI will interact with the world. Fallout 3 and Skyrim had interesting companions but their AI was lacking when it came to navigating certain obstacles. They would get caught up on barriers and be unable to follow the player. This just ruins the immersion and reminds you that your playing a video game.

Offline Angry-Octopus88

• Shonn - 16 - Single - Currently Fabulous
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • optimistic at best
    • DeviantArt - angry-octopus88
    • FurAffinity - angry-octopus88
  • Fursona Species: Vulpine
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 02:58:24 pm »
Currently, I feel like the game may be trying to hard to push the dog onto the player. My concern is not with dog but with how it's AI will interact with the world. Fallout 3 and Skyrim had interesting companions but their AI was lacking when it came to navigating certain obstacles. They would get caught up on barriers and be unable to follow the player. This just ruins the immersion and reminds you that your playing a video game.

I totally agree.  I would also like to see the  AI's sneak well, they always go in guns blazing and get you killed. And maybe this time they can add some diversity in the environments. I know that its supposed look like a waste land but it just gets uglier  the more I played it, kinda like borderlands. maybe grass can grow again?
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
"If you're not hurting anything it's fine with me"
"I’m surprised you'd call "this" a society"

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Cookies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 06:00:43 pm »
After seeing gameplay I think Fallout 4 will be a lot more colorful and vibrant than it has been in previous games.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Julum

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
    • FurAffinity - Julum
  • Fursona Species: Main: Lizard Alt: Western Dragon
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 04:47:21 pm »
I wonder how PC mods will work on the Xbox. It doesn't effect me since I play on PC, but still. I think they won't be as good as mods on PC. Mainly because someone will inevitably make a Fallout 4 Script Extender that will probably be unusable on consoles, and a lot of good mods will no doubt require it. Also, the Xbox may have very bad performance issues with mods, especially if you have a lot of them. I'm absolutely sure graphics mods with not be usable. (And even if they were most graphics modifications are ENBs that the Xbox probably couldn't use.) Though the mods for the Xbox version likely won't be as good as PC mods, the Xbox version will likely be leaps and bounds better than the PS4 version because of it. (Though apparently the PS4 will get mods later on.) 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-fallout-4-to-support-mods-on-xbox-one

Offline Angry-Octopus88

• Shonn - 16 - Single - Currently Fabulous
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • optimistic at best
    • DeviantArt - angry-octopus88
    • FurAffinity - angry-octopus88
  • Fursona Species: Vulpine
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:48:40 pm »
I wonder how PC mods will work on the Xbox. It doesn't effect me since I play on PC, but still. I think they won't be as good as mods on PC. Mainly because someone will inevitably make a Fallout 4 Script Extender that will probably be unusable on consoles, and a lot of good mods will no doubt require it. Also, the Xbox may have very bad performance issues with mods, especially if you have a lot of them. I'm absolutely sure graphics mods with not be usable. (And even if they were most graphics modifications are ENBs that the Xbox probably couldn't use.) Though the mods for the Xbox version likely won't be as good as PC mods, the Xbox version will likely be leaps and bounds better than the PS4 version because of it. (Though apparently the PS4 will get mods later on.) 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-fallout-4-to-support-mods-on-xbox-one

*explosion* You just blew my mind... 
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
"If you're not hurting anything it's fine with me"
"I’m surprised you'd call "this" a society"

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 11:39:18 am »
I wish they would let you sprint or dash. I know it's a minor thing, but I just wish I could travel a little faster. [Without having to fast travel.]
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
  • See you space cowboy...
    • FurAffinity - bts
  • Fursona Species: Saber tooth/Albino Ball Python
Fallout 4 Hype !!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 11:35:40 am »
So, Fallout 4 is out today. The amount of people on my Steam friend's list playing it is overwhelming. Basically taunting me at this point. :B
I already have it pre-ordered and installed but I have to wait for my boyfriend to get out of school and install some more ram in my computer before we both can play. x.x But I guess I've waited this long for it, what's another six hours??!?!?!?

Do you like the Fallout franchise? Excited to play 4 or already knee-deep in it? What do you like about it, don't like? Or maybe it doesn't interest you at all? I just want to hear about what you think about it!
  • Pronouns: She/Her

Offline KronoFur

• What do you call a deer with no eyes?
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • No idea
    • FurAffinity - KronoFur
  • Fursona Species: Grey mackerel tabby/Arctic wolf/Red fox hybrid
Re: Fallout 4 Hype !!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 12:06:09 pm »
I don't have it currently, but I'm definitely planning on getting it sooner rather than later. Oddly, my hype for this game is near non-existent, even though I can tell it's an amazing game. Like, I know I should be hyped but It's not happening.

I also want to make sure I have enough money for when the Oculus Rift goes on pre-order, I don't want to risk missing what I've waited so long for.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
>be 3 years old
>Drop peas on the floor
"Such things happen in life."

Offline Corn

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
    • DeviantArt - animaniac06
    • FurAffinity - thatanimefan44
    • Twitter - ConnerCrosser
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 04:10:04 pm »
I don't have it currently, but I'm definitely planning on getting it sooner rather than later. Oddly, my hype for this game is near non-existent, even though I can tell it's an amazing game. Like, I know I should be hyped but It's not happening.

I also want to make sure I have enough money for when the Oculus Rift goes on pre-order, I don't want to risk missing what I've waited so long for.

Same, I had fun with New Vegas, but I'm just not super hyped for this one. I am planning on picking it up eventually though.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
"So I was with my Parents this weekend going to see Spectre and out of the blue they say they're ok with me being a furry and getting a fursuit and going to cons. I just spat out random words because I was so confused and it was silent for the rest of the drive and movie. With everything thats happening in my family, me being a furry is the closet thing to normal. So don't do drugs or alcohol kids, just be a furry!" ;) -Eisen Gsolf

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 154
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 05:58:09 pm »
getting it for Christmas. first fallout I have played.

what type of run should I play?
total dick?
paragon of good?
psychotic murderer of the wastes?
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
  • See you space cowboy...
    • FurAffinity - bts
  • Fursona Species: Saber tooth/Albino Ball Python
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »
I see the topics got merged, my bad for not seeing the other. ^^

Anyway, 50 minutes into Fallout 4 and chill and you get these faces...

Mine's on the right!

@ajay wacha
The cool thing about Fallout is it has a ton of replayability so you can do them all! I normally go for a chaotic neutral like character which are super fun to play.
  • Pronouns: She/Her