Author Topic: Interstellar (Spoiler Free)  (Read 376 times)

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
Interstellar (Spoiler Free)
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:25:07 am »
Before I get started, I will say that I have watched Interstellar 3 times as of now (once in the theater and twice at home). It is a personal favorite of mine, but I'll try and keep this review as objective and possible and not let myself fan boy all over it. If nothing in this review sparks your fancy, then go ahead and look up whatever you want about the movie. But if my review catches your interest, in even the slightest, DO NOT LOOK UP ANYTHING ABOUT THE MOVIE. Many great scenes in the film are ruined even by the trailers alone. I know it may be tempting, but don't.

Now that the disclaimer is behind us....

Interstellar is a realistic science fiction film about a couple of characters and their struggle with a dying earth and few escape plans for humanity. Thats as far as I'm going to describe the plot because I feel that it's really a movie that you have to go into blind and enjoy the experience (hence disclaimer above). Even so, I will say that much of the story's pacing is he struggles the main characters face just keeps building and building with each scene adding to the suspense always keeping you guessing what will happen next until it blows the viewers off of their chairs for the finale. Though this simple summary, the movie is anything but. Each time I watched it, I have found things I missed. This is a movie where you really need to be attentive to learn about the world and what's going on in the story. Nearer to the end, the movie is playing two very different story lines at once and you really need to be able to understand both of them to see how they relate to one another. If you are watching the movie and get distracted for even a few minutes, you will have major questions later on and much of the movie may make no sense. This is a movie that you will walk away from and say "I don't know what happened, but I'll be damned if I don't want to see it again!"

The actors in the film do a very good job of conveying the emotions the characters are feelings and though their acting is nothing spectacular, it does the movie well.

The soundtrack for the movie is a very unique tone with the major sound being a pipe organ. Its unlike anything I have heard before and it really gives the film a unique feel. The songs really did best when there was tense or dramatic scene. It blends seamlessly with the visuals and it's a great experience. I would go so far as to say its vital to how you experience the movie.

Though the many positives, no movie is perfect. Interstellar takes a bit of time to really get going. Though this time is used to make some key story points, I can see how someone would get bored and uninterested. After that period however, the movie keeps you very invested with twist after twist, so I urge people to stick with it. Also, Interstellar is a long movie. Like, a really long movie. Clocks in at almost 3 hours. So watchers, settle in for the long haul. And as a last nitpick, Interstellar does get a bit sappy at times, but nothing so bad as to take you out of the film.

I give it a 9.6/10. Though some flaws, is a beautiful movie that will sweep watchers off their feet and have them guessing till the end.

Recommendations for watching:
-Watch it when you know you will have zero distractions. Though it is a long movie, you really need to pay attention to get the most out of it.

-Watch it in high def on a big tv. Small screens just dont do the visuals justice.

-If possible use a good speaker system. You will thank me for this.

-If you dont like it, feel free to throw fruit and say why!
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Angry-Octopus88

• Shonn - 16 - Single - Currently Fabulous
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
  • optimistic at best
    • DeviantArt - angry-octopus88
    • FurAffinity - angry-octopus88
  • Fursona Species: Vulpine
Re: Interstellar (Spoiler Free)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:06:11 pm »
I loved this movie! You did a good job not putting any spoilers, it's hard. SPOILER FREE (EXTREMELY VAGUE) I loved this move because what it was based around, and how we really don’t know anything about it. Cant get it wrong if we don’t know  :fox-:P:.
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
"If you're not hurting anything it's fine with me"
"I’m surprised you'd call "this" a society"