Author Topic: I don't get it!  (Read 16273 times)

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 732
  • Candy Corn = Life
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
Re: I don't get it!
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2017, 11:50:41 pm »
I don't get why my dog sounds like a vacuum in his sleep
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Quote Deimos

• Be gay, totally gay
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Be a pride and shining rainbow
    • DeviantArt - Deatox
    • FurAffinity - SeanFox
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »
People who eat their food really fast. How can you enjoy it when you barely take the time to taste it?

I have this problem when I get really hungry like, I want to taste my food, but my stomach feels like hell.
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Sing while you hear it
Don't deny it
Leave if you can't stand the thought of it

Leave your love letters here!

Icon by me

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2017, 04:20:00 pm »
People who eat their food really fast. How can you enjoy it when you barely take the time to taste it?

Some people like myself don't really take too much pleasure from taste, and we just don't care what our food tastes like, just as long as it isn't terrible. In addition to that, if you scarf down a pile of peas, they all taste the same generally, so even if you do eat it quickly, you still taste it.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 239
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Cougar
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »
You know something I don't get...
Why do women still have to cover their nipples, its not a sexual organ or anything XD
I'm also confused on why some people think trans should cover theirs, like trans males even AFTER having top surgery still have to cover theirs and trans women have to cover theirs no matter what.
Idk nothing important just, something random that came across my mind that I don't get whatsoever XD
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Chai

• Sparkle Kitty
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 262
  • Happy Fall Y'all!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2017, 04:59:27 pm »
You know something I don't get...
Why do women still have to cover their nipples, its not a sexual organ or anything XD
I'm also confused on why some people think trans should cover theirs, like trans males even AFTER having top surgery still have to cover theirs and trans women have to cover theirs no matter what.
Idk nothing important just, something random that came across my mind that I don't get whatsoever XD

I think it's largely just a culture thing!

It's actually a really interesting subject (I think) to talk about simply because of human culture dynamics and biology, not necessarily the injustice that comes from whether trans people can show them (or whether it is seen as socially acceptable) or not. (Keep in mind this isn't meant to say what is or isn't fair, but just how society may have evolved to where it is today.)

Male/DMAB people only have nipples because all fetuses start out female, and only an addition of extra testosterone and other hormones allow for male sexual organs to grow, and for fat cells, certain internal anatomical details, and brain functions to differ in structure from that of a standard 'female' fetus.
While breasts/nipples aren't directly related to sex (despite ~1% of DFAB/female people being able to reach sexual climax through only nipple stimulation, as well as the social stigma placed on them) there IS a biological reason that they can be considered sex-related organs.
Most female primates do NOT have permanently enlarged breasts, and instead only have them when lactating or pregnant. Male primates then see breast enlargement as 'off the market,' and not a physical sign of sexual availability. However, for humans, since something unknown in our evolutionary strain caused females to have permanently enlarged breasts (upon reproductive maturity), we've evolved to have extra fat around the breasts, hips, and buttocks. This fat translates as "high reproductive value" to males, as the mother would, in theory, be able to feed the offspring well.

However, this is meant to be easily misinterpreted as to whether the female in question is or isn't off the market, (since humans can't consciously detect most hormones) which, biologically, gives rise to more diverse genetic partners, ultimately creating the strongest offspring.

Even though most people may not be directly aware of this, there is a reason that most males who have shown interest in females take interest in their boobs, butts, legs, hips, etc. This doesn't apply to everyone of course! But it kind of helps explain why female breasts/nips are usually covered, at least in a lot of Northern cultures-- they're almost sexual, but not quite. I assume people just don't want to risk it? LMAO. Still kinda stupid!

But! If you take a look at a lot of African tribes/cultures, and some South American ones (I believe), they only see breasts as baby feeders, not sexual organs. Which, truthfully, is all they are. Baby feeders. That's why a lot of women there are topless-- it's hot in those climates, and it's not scandalous to take their shirt off, so they do! This is not to say the men in these groups aren't subconsciously attracted to the same features, but they have different cultural disciplines that dictate how they should act and respect those of the opposite sex.

So, tl;dr, it depends on the culture that dictates what society's standards are. But breasts do play a role in human breeding. There are tons of other factors too, but, these are the main ones.

Also! I pulled all of this from the recesses of my mind! So if I got something wrong feel free to correct me. I just know a lot about gender studies and biology LMAO
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Keep | Flight Rising
Wanna tell me something?
- ♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto ♥ -
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello link!

Offline Emrys

• Green Level
    • DeviantArt - PrinceDeathDefying
    • FurAffinity - PrinceDeathDefying
    • Twitter - GothSauce
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2017, 04:12:29 pm »
I have been educated, lol ^^^

Seriously though, become a teacher or an activist or something. XD
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his - they/them/their
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
{ Toyhouse | Thiscrush | Pet Me }

Offline JasperFox

• Jazzy
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2017, 04:20:50 pm »
So, what is something that you just can not understand for the life of you? Something people do, something academic, anything you just can't get your mind around!

One of the things I don't understand is tipping. I know waiters get below minimum wage, but why can't we just raise what they're paid and get rid of this whole tipping thing? It makes both lives easier, you don't have to figure out how much you need to tip, and the waiters are actually paid properly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
  • Pronouns: He/him
"I was gonna write something profound, but I don't have anything profound to say."

-A gas station bathroom wall, 2016

Offline Chai

• Sparkle Kitty
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 262
  • Happy Fall Y'all!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2017, 05:09:28 pm »
I have been educated, lol ^^^

Seriously though, become a teacher or an activist or something. XD

yo thanks! lol
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Keep | Flight Rising
Wanna tell me something?
- ♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto ♥ -
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello link!

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • [icon by a friend named Shaidz on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2017, 05:10:47 pm »
So, what is something that you just can not understand for the life of you? Something people do, something academic, anything you just can't get your mind around!

One of the things I don't understand is tipping. I know waiters get below minimum wage, but why can't we just raise what they're paid and get rid of this whole tipping thing? It makes both lives easier, you don't have to figure out how much you need to tip, and the waiters are actually paid properly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k

LOL IKR AMERICA IS SO MESSED UP SOMETIMES XP
Same with the Metric System. I've been born and raised in the U.S. most of my life yet I understand the metric system better than the standard system XD
And the reason americans have trouble learning the metric system is because they always ask for it to be converted into the standard system. FORGET THAT THING!
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 732
  • Candy Corn = Life
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »
I don't get how people will be hella rude and think an apology will help. Like throw a plate on the ground, now apologize. Is the plate fixed?
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Xrig the wolf

• Punk wolf guy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 93
  • Not a protogen more a wolf iron man
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:42 pm »
I don't get how people will be hella rude and think an apology will help. Like throw a plate on the ground, now apologize. Is the plate fixed?
I feel it shows remorse and if possible shows that the plate may be replaced by the one who broke it witch isent perfect but better than leaving it broken
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: he,him,his or male I dont really care
Strait! Strait as a board? Nup...

Hey if your deppresed, lonely, or just need a friend my discord and skype are both Grixblade... Dont worry I never sleep and I live for the sound of a call from someone!
Keep in mind I blush easy... http://www.thiscrush.com/~xrig

Offline Emrys

• Green Level
    • DeviantArt - PrinceDeathDefying
    • FurAffinity - PrinceDeathDefying
    • Twitter - GothSauce
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2017, 01:41:47 pm »
Why a lot of people hate things that are really harmless.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his - they/them/their
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
{ Toyhouse | Thiscrush | Pet Me }

Offline Serana

• Purple Level
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:14 pm »
Cause I'm super slow and forgetful :'D
@RV - That was a nice read, like wow XD

Another thing I don't get.
When it comes to sonas, weather they be persona, fursonas, etc. I don't get why people would make them separate from themselves I always saw sonas as like an avatar of yourself, so they are in a way you "sonas" who are not you and you see more like friends/separate from yourself are just characters then.
I mean their not my characters, and I'm not gonna tell people how to do it or anything I just don't get how people can make sonas that are not them ^^''
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »
When it comes to sonas, weather they be persona, fursonas, etc. I don't get why people would make them separate from themselves I always saw sonas as like an avatar of yourself, so they are in a way you "sonas" who are not you and you see more like friends/separate from yourself are just characters then.
I mean their not my characters, and I'm not gonna tell people how to do it or anything I just don't get how people can make sonas that are not them ^^''

Mine started like that and then just... sorta developed his own personality... He's still very much me in many ways though. Infact the comic I was going to write is based off of one of my IRL expiriences and would feature Dave as the main character because he is still basically just how I view myself in many ways (although he still has some of his own characteristics. Namely his shyness isn't as severe as mine is but that's just to fit in with the theme of my other characters).
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• We are the exiled ones
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 165
  • The lost daughters and sons of Cybertron
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2017, 07:09:27 pm »

Some people make their sonas to be a version of themselves they wish they were.
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
please pet cow~art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline Serana

• Purple Level
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2017, 07:24:16 pm »

Some people make their sonas to be a version of themselves they wish they were.

I know, I kinda do that with mine. I mean more like its totally separate from them its more like a character they use a lot than a sona, people who view their sona more as "friends"as I've seen a lot of people put it, then themselves whether its an idealized version or not ^^''
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2017, 11:45:53 pm »
The thing is I really just don't know... It's like I love to draw my character and use him as my online face, but for some reason it's like "well... I don't exactly pretend to be him and roleplay and stuff like that..."

But I have been wanting to use him as a way to kinda show off different parts of my personality. And Dave is kinda like how exactly I view myself, while Peter (my lynx character) is the idealized version of me (with his own flaws though) and finally Adolfus (my wolf oc) is kinda more along the lines of what I fear I could be.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline JasperFox

• Jazzy
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2017, 11:26:12 am »
How to draw
Why I had to wait until I was a junior to take psychology
Completing the square
Why college is so expensive
Why education has been made a competition
How people remember so many names
Seriously why is college so expensive?
Why cliff divers have to balls to jump from 94 feet
Why I sometimes have abs and sometimes don't
My sexuality
My emotions
Dark Souls
Just what the hell Ivan Pavlov thought there was left to prove
Why British accents are so amazing
  • Pronouns: He/him
"I was gonna write something profound, but I don't have anything profound to say."

-A gas station bathroom wall, 2016

Offline Amere

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Fursona Species: fennec fox/deer/redpanda
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2017, 07:16:53 pm »
I don't get why my dog won't stop barking at strangers. Like, dude, calm down.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Candies: 153
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2017, 06:20:23 pm »
I don't get conspiracy theories. Most of them are just amusing.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by cutefury on Art Fight.Signature image by Nagi.