Author Topic: I don't get it!  (Read 16519 times)

Offline Chai

• Sparkle Kitty
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 264
  • Happy Fall Y'all!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Panther
Re: I don't get it!
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2017, 11:15:20 am »
I don't get why a bunch of people I know consider Toucans bad pets, they have amazing personalities (From what I've seen.) and are just as cute and amazing as other birds, stop discriminating birds for their species. ):
I don't think they're saying they're "bad pets" because of the species but rather because they are extremely hard to take care of. A lot harder than any parrot. Thy require extremely large aviaries. They need fresh fruits multiple times a day as well as specialized pellets (both of which would be expensive). They're very high energy and get bored easily. They need a very scheduled life and you can't differ from that schedule much. And they need a lot of human interaction, even if you have multiples you will need to be home for the majority of the day with them (meaning if you don't work or do school from home you shouldn't own one or you would need need to hire someone to watch them while you're away)

They're gorgeous birds and have great personalities but that's not enough to make them good pets. It's takes a very special type of person with a lot of patience, time, space and money to be able to provide a toucan the proper care it needs
Yeah, you're right. It just makes me upset when I see people say they are not good pets at all.

It's not that people wouldn't love them if they had a toucan for a pet, it's just, they're really meant to be a wild species instead of held in captivity.

Pretty much exactly what Mystic said, fresh fruit daily, (nothing canned or frozen, they won't touch it) a huge aviary at least 20x10x15ft because they need more room than even parrots, tons of outdoor time and reduced human interaction if you have a flock, and they are also prone to toucan-specific diseases that cost a lot to treat; even more than standard bird illnesses which can get up there for being exotic.

Plus, most toucans go for $10K for just the bird, and usually they're wild caught since there are very few breeders, which is pretty much kidnapping and abusive to the animal.

So no, they're not good pets. The people who have them love them and take care of them! But they shouldn't really be an option at all just because they're cute and funny.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Keep | Flight Rising
Wanna tell me something?
- ♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto ♥ -
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello link!

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 736
  • Candy Corn = Life
    • FurAffinity - cactle
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2017, 12:00:31 pm »
I don't get why a lot of people deny that there's a bad side to the fandom
Yeah the fandom is accepting but some people take that the wrong way so neo Nazis, pedophiles, abusers, etc. think that they'll be accepted by the fandom so they join it.
But all fandoms have a bad side honestly
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Pip ♤

• You see everything when the world doesn't see you
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 181
  • When she's near me all the world is new
    • DeviantArt - queerfloof
    • FurAffinity - queerfloof
  • Fursona Species: squak
« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2017, 07:18:51 pm »
I don't get why a lot of people deny that there's a bad side to the fandom
Yeah the fandom is accepting but some people take that the wrong way so neo Nazis, pedophiles, abusers, etc. think that they'll be accepted by the fandom so they join it.
But all fandoms have a bad side honestly
yes
and ignoring these aspects honestly makes it worse
by not giving light to it, it's letting these people know that they are welcome here because not many people are speaking out against them
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - graysexual

♧ There'll always be a few things, maybe several things, that you're gonna find really difficult to forgive ♧
my mind 24/7

Offline Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #283 on: March 10, 2017, 03:09:47 pm »
I don't get why people think it's ok to tell artists that their services aren't worth what they're charging or demanding that you give them away for free or for a trade. That's like walking into Walmart and saying the video game is too expensive and demandin that they give it to you for free. That's not how it works
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Pip ♤

• You see everything when the world doesn't see you
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 181
  • When she's near me all the world is new
    • DeviantArt - queerfloof
    • FurAffinity - queerfloof
  • Fursona Species: squak
« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2017, 06:37:36 pm »
CW: csa and such

I don't get how anyone can think it's right to sexually use a child no matter the age
  • Flag - usa

♧ There'll always be a few things, maybe several things, that you're gonna find really difficult to forgive ♧
my mind 24/7

Offline Chai

• Sparkle Kitty
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 264
  • Happy Fall Y'all!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2017, 10:55:31 pm »
I don't get how to use toyhou.se omg. I'm tryin so hard but I'm too tired rn <x3
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Keep | Flight Rising
Wanna tell me something?
- ♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto ♥ -
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello link!

Offline LoyalPyra

• icon by serana, pixels by graham and cutgut.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • Armenian american
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2017, 11:08:56 pm »
I don't get how to use toyhou.se omg. I'm tryin so hard but I'm too tired rn <x3
Yeah, I couldn't figure it out either. It confuses me.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread

Offline Flora

• ♥ Perseverance ♥
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 146
  • Autobots, roll out!
    • DeviantArt - BeautifulGalaxia
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2017, 12:06:18 pm »
I don't get why some people get so hateful about certain movies just because they're "not as good" as they wanted them. (As in the quality/characters/story.) Sure, they may not have represented characters the exact way they wanted, or the story may not be what they dreamed of, but that doesn't mean the movie sucks. I understand that when it comes to certain movies, people really want to see it represented well. And when it's not, it's a big disappointment. But again, that doesn't mean the movie was that bad.
I forget what movie it was for, but one time I kept on hearing from people that the movie just wasn't that great. So when I watched it, I expected it to be horrible. But surprise! It was actually really good and I liked it. Maybe I just have low standards when it comes to movies? xD
This isn't meant to be personal if anyone out there doesn't like certain movies for whatever reason. :fox-:P: I understand we all like different things. I have movies I dislike too. I just don't understand why people have to be so... hateful over something fictional, all because it's not living up to their personal expectations.
  • Flag - canada
| Avatar by Nagi | AMA | DeviantArt |
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Offline Sprinkiedinks

• Red Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Pie is life
    • DeviantArt - nummyartz
    • FurAffinity - A bunny with deer antlers and friken purple wings, she also walked through a skittles factory.
    • Twitter - sprinkiedinks
  • Fursona Species: Winged Jackalope
« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2017, 04:14:24 pm »
Why can't we all just get along? I hate arguing! I understand someone may have a different opinion, but that is no excuse to be a jerkwad! Just try to listen and see someones side of the story, and try to show empathy! I just don't understand why being respectable is hard for people! I know people who have a tough situation in life but they manage to be nice regardless! I really want to get it, but I can't!
  • Flag - usa
Don't be afraid to be yourself!

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #289 on: March 14, 2017, 08:52:16 pm »
Why can't we all just get along? I hate arguing! I understand someone may have a different opinion, but that is no excuse to be a jerkwad! Just try to listen and see someones side of the story, and try to show empathy! I just don't understand why being respectable is hard for people! I know people who have a tough situation in life but they manage to be nice regardless! I really want to get it, but I can't!

People lack humility is what it is. Often times one doesn't actually listen to their opponent when arguing or "debating". Yes, they "hear" the other person, but to actually entertain an idea even though you may not agree with it is unheard of. People don't like being wrong, and if they believe in something that somebody else doesn't, they are to argue in hopes that the other would submit to their way. Of course that never happens, because almost nobody knows how to concede when they actually are wrong, even I have trouble with that, unless I know that I'm actually wrong. It's a cultural thing as well. The United States and their very... "Centric" culture try to impose a sort of dominance above all else, and same goes for the UK. Heck, they had a whole chapter in their histories of wanting to conquer the entire world, just like many other nations. While those times may be done, the attitudes are not.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candy Corn = Life
    • FurAffinity - cactle
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2017, 02:49:50 pm »
I don't get why a lot of the transgender community is toxic
A lot of them are like "I DON'T NEED DYSPHORIA TO BE TRANS." like if you don't have any gender dysphoria why do you want to change???? If you don't feel comfortable with your gender there has to be some gender dysphoria there yo and that's just fact
Then a lot of them only think you're trans if you have severe gender dysphoria. Like any amount of gender dysphoria is valid.
Just a lot of trans people I've met are just toxic and awful (none from here)
I just want more friends like me dammit. Not someone who is trying to police around the transgender community. Every transgender person is different they don't have to be exactly like you
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 241
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Moth
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2017, 05:23:04 pm »
I don't get why people think art that is a couple hundred dollars or more is ridiculous a price, those people don't deserve art it imo as its undermining artists who still barely get by. Now I get it if people simply can afford it but saying its ridiculous and that they should lower their prices is what I mean by not deserving art.
That's how much artist should be charging for art, art is a luxury so shouldn't have to be so dang cheap. Its unfortunate people are so cheap and don't even want to try saving to get the art, I save for the artists I like I don't buy cause I can afford it.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candy Corn = Life
    • FurAffinity - cactle
« Reply #292 on: March 21, 2017, 05:43:03 pm »
I don't get why people think to be funny you have to be offensive and rude. You're not being funny you're being a Bully
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:48:38 pm by Zagan »
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline LoyalPyra

• icon by serana, pixels by graham and cutgut.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 129
  • Armenian american
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
« Reply #293 on: March 21, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »
I don't get why peanut butter stuffed pretzels exist, they're a death trap for some people
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
Taken by nastybread

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • [icon by a friend named Shaidz on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
« Reply #294 on: March 21, 2017, 07:57:32 pm »
I don't get why peanut butter stuffed pretzels exist, they're a death trap for some people
I'm hungry now...

AAGGHHH... I have a crush on this one guy who's my friend and I think he's straight but I don't know???

Like... He's OK with hugs and actually likes friend hugs so that at least keeps me sane for now in a way...?
AAAGGHHH!
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 73
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Great Dane
« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2017, 12:50:59 pm »
I think the label of "Peanut Butter Pretzels" is normally enough. I guess it could still be dangerous if they were in a large bowl at a party or something and some kid grabbed them, but really it seems like there's a very low chance of something bad happening. To be honest I really like them haha, that's the only reason I'm defending pretzels.

I don't get how flat-earthers and people who deny evolution think. How do they live their lives constantly denying the scientific evidence that's right there?
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
pet me please                                   ENFP
Weasyl account

Offline Dylan.

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 40
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2017, 12:55:28 pm »
I don't get how people have so much energy and motivation to draw and I just get home from school and turn into mashed potato and can't do anything
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: any
icon by noise

Offline Serana

• Purple Level
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2017, 03:26:05 pm »
I don't get why when people say they want a plus size hero/protag people automatically think someone who is overly obese. Nah theres such a thing as a fit plus size women, I just like to see or play a female who is a bit bigger but they don't have to be fat whasoever just thicker(and I don't mean thicker as in huge ass thighs). I like playing toothpick girls sometimes but I want variety in my playable characters : P
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:33 pm »
I don't get how people on Amino treat adopts like "trading cards". Like everyone seems to have a stash available for trade and when they DO trade them the new adopt tends to either get put directly into their trade pile or sits there and is never used?? Not that there's anything wrong with this but I don't understand it. I personally have a lot of adopts but I buy each one with the intent to use them as a character (commission art, possibly get a fursuit of etc). Sure there's some I didn't connect with and they've just been sitting around but I don't get why someone would want to collect a bunch of adopts if they never plan to do anything with them
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Serana

• Purple Level
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2017, 07:31:53 pm »
I don't get how people on Amino treat adopts like "trading cards". Like everyone seems to have a stash available for trade and when they DO trade them the new adopt tends to either get put directly into their trade pile or sits there and is never used?? Not that there's anything wrong with this but I don't understand it. I personally have a lot of adopts but I buy each one with the intent to use them as a character (commission art, possibly get a fursuit of etc). Sure there's some I didn't connect with and they've just been sitting around but I don't get why someone would want to collect a bunch of adopts if they never plan to do anything with them
This is quite common in the adopt community in general actually, especially with popular closed species and some people will even nab them just to trade them for something better right away or later on.
I don't really get it either and would prefer my designs to actually be used but ehh I get money I guess :/
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual