Author Topic: PC AND console  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Suporcur

• aaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 11
  • no one care's
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Tape
PC AND console
« on: August 03, 2015, 04:19:01 am »
I saw a post on a PC vs console YouTube video that really struck me, too people were arguing over which is better and on person said that one day PC will be knocked off its petestool and console will perform better than they will have the last laugh.

I don't know how much people realize it but a console is a PC. And since it's a $400 PC it can NEVER be as good as a 500-2400$ PC. So I think that the argue is pointless.

I want to know your opinions on this
  • Pronouns: Him/his/he
"*really deep and meaningfull/pessimistic quote here*"

I spent far longer than I should have trying to figure out what that tape says

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
Re: PC AND console
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:31:30 am »
PC will always perform better than consoles because of Moore's law. New and better computer models are being released on a monthly basis so they can have time to stick to ghe law whereas new console only come out every seven or eight years so by the time consoles have advanced once, PCs have advanced several dozen times.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 153
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 08:50:36 am »
PC master race!
not only because of better performance, but also better games, that is a factor that is often ignored and it deeply annoys me.
a game could be the most entertaining game in existence, have loads of content and days of playtime, but if it dares to be only 720p or 30fps then it shall be condemned to the clearance isles!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:53:44 am by Becket »
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 177
  • STERLING
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 10:49:41 am »
Why I'm a Console Gamer

-Controls
I absolutely hate the whole A/W/D and keyboard controls, it's so uncomfortable and awkward, I never got used to it.
And using USB controllers just take up space too much space.
Whereas the Xbox controller is super comfortable and portable.

-Made for gaming, only for gaming
I feel like PC's are just too crowded with so many other applications, I just want something that's solely used for gaming

-Straight forward and easy
You don't have to find out which speeds you need, hard drives, etc. It's all there for you right there. In one box.

-Casual to Moderate Gaming
I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore player, but I do game pretty often and I really enjoy doing so.
A PC is just too "hardcore" for my gaming habits.

-Space
Those PC's can take up a lot of room, and you also have your big keyboard, and possibly multiple monitors you have to worry about.

Offline Suporcur

• Orange Level
  • no one care's
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 01:08:49 pm »
PC master race!
not only because of better performance, but also better games, that is a factor that is often ignored and it deeply annoys me.
a game could be the most entertaining game in existence, have loads of content and days of playtime, but if it dares to be only 720p or 30fps then it shall be condemned to the clearance isles!
A compelling case, but no hard evidence, opinions usually don't help in arguments b/c if your segueing the other person most likely has a different opinion

Offline Suporcur

• Orange Level
  • no one care's
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »
Why I'm a Console Gamer

-Controls
I absolutely hate the whole A/W/D and keyboard controls, it's so uncomfortable and awkward, I never got used to it.

I feel like PC's are just too crowded with so many other applications, I just want something that's solely used for gaming

Indeed consoles are more simple plug and plays for more simple people

P.s. You can use Xbox controllers on PC

You don't have to find out which speeds you need, hard drives, etc. It's all there for you right there. In one box.

I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore player, but I do game pretty often and I really enjoy doing so.

-Space
Those PC's can take up a lot of room, and you also have your big keyboard, and possibly multiple monitors you have to worry about.

Offline CelerenTheWolf

• Fluffy Fluff Ball
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
    • DeviantArt - SkywereTheWolf
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 02:20:50 pm »
To put it simply PC is for high framerates and good graphics whilst console is for ease of use and quickly starting games. Controller wise I'd say it depends on what you're playing e.g. console is best for racing and platforms whilst PC is better for first person games and of course point and click games  :fox-;):
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His She/Her/Hers They/Them/Their Take your pick :3
Which gender am I more attracted to? Males!!!!
What gender am I? Mostly male!!!
What pizza do I want? DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 02:33:06 pm »
-snip-
I prefer consoles for many of the same reasons. They may not be as powerful and updated as PC's but it really comes down to user preference and I personally prefer consoles
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 02:46:09 pm »
I'm more of a console gamer because I'm poor don't really have the money to invest in a dedicated gaming PC, whereas I've been playing many games for long times in my consoles, which generally need a lower investment at first (I know that in the long run the PC is cheaper, but if I don't even play the few games I can run on this laptop because I'm playing with my consoles then I'm happy to stay like this).

I also like consoles for the local multiplayer, which many, if not most, PC games lack. Sure, the multiplayer can hold many more players with a PC, but I prefer to be in the same room as the other player because it's easier to shout at them Threaten them with killing their family if they steal your star swear eternal hate for throwing that blue shell at you while going in first place communicate with everyone and have a good time with some good laughs ^^
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 49
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 05:26:12 pm »
While I am defiantly a strong advocate for the PC I highly doubt well see the disappearance of even dwindling of either markets in the future.

For those arguing against consoles, they offer something that is far too often overlooked by Console gamers: A console has static Hardware, you release it once and at best you can expect the software to change but the hardware almost interchangeably never will. This allows Developers to approach the development process in a drastically different way from how they might approach development of a PC game where hardware is virtually unpredictable it in's entirety. Someone might have a really old computer, somone might have a beefy Hard core gamer set up with the latest tech. When Developing PC games you have to keep in mind and work around all these different variable hardwares. With consoles the hardware is consistent across every product. If a Developer makes a game for say PS4 that game is practically guaranteed to run across all other PS4's this is something we just don't have in  the PC market and it may be a luxury we'll never have and that I think may well be enough to keep the console market profitable long into the future.

As for those arguing against PCs, plain cut and simple, PCs can advance their tech and push the bounds far faster and more easily then the console market can. As pointed out before, there's always new tech coming out for PCs and unlike Consoles PCs are more modular, you can upgrade and interchange your parts in a PC and keep up to date with the latest developments if you felt so inclined, this is simply not true for the console market. If consoles were more modular you'd risk loosing that hardware consistency which if you ask me is one of the prime factors that's kept them competing with the PC market this long, if consoles are going to continue they have to maintain that consistency of hardware which comes at a cost. They can't advance as quickly as the PC market can and so the PC market will continue to have an edge of the console market in terms of tech.

Fact of reality is both markets have their strengths and weaknesses but I honestly don't see either going anywhere any in the near future.
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Suporcur

• Orange Level
  • no one care's
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 01:07:30 am »
While I am defiantly a strong advocate for the PC I highly doubt well see the disappearance of even dwindling of either markets in the future.

For those arguing against consoles, they offer something that is far too often overlooked by Console gamers: A console has static Hardware, you release it once and at best you can expect the software to change but the hardware almost interchangeably never will. This allows Developers to approach the development process in a drastically different way from how they might approach development of a PC game where hardware is virtually unpredictable it in's entirety. Someone might have a really old computer, somone might have a beefy Hard core gamer set up with the latest tech. When Developing PC games you have to keep in mind and work around all these different variable hardwares. With consoles the hardware is consistent across every product. If a Developer makes a game for say PS4 that game is practically guaranteed to run across all other PS4's this is something we just don't have in  the PC market and it may be a luxury we'll never have and that I think may well be enough to keep the console market profitable long into the future.

As for those arguing against PCs, plain cut and simple, PCs can advance their tech and push the bounds far faster and more easily then the console market can. As pointed out before, there's always new tech coming out for PCs and unlike Consoles PCs are more modular, you can upgrade and interchange your parts in a PC and keep up to date with the latest developments if you felt so inclined, this is simply not true for the console market. If consoles were more modular you'd risk loosing that hardware consistency which if you ask me is one of the prime factors that's kept them competing with the PC market this long, if consoles are going to continue they have to maintain that consistency of hardware which comes at a cost. They can't advance as quickly as the PC market can and so the PC market will continue to have an edge of the console market in terms of tech.

Fact of reality is both markets have their strengths and weaknesses but I honestly don't see either going anywhere any in the near future.

Virtually no biest (is that how you spell it) things said in that, I think you nailed the nail with a 2 ton hammer

Offline Suporcur

• Orange Level
  • no one care's
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 05:49:11 am »
Why I'm a Console Gamer

-Controls

-Space

-you can use a Xbox controller on a PC

-steam is arguably just as straight forward as Xbox live (which is turning into a media center rather than a system "made for gaming, just gaming"x)

-there are PC games that a 4 year old can enjoy. PC can be very hardcore-less as long as you stay off multiplayer or certain games

-a man built a PC within a Nintendo 64 system. Another did it inside a briefcase. Plus micro ATX and mini ATX towers rivaling Xbox one size.

-you can buy pre built pc all in ones that come ready to go on your door step

Offline Fozz Poloski

• FT's official Polomage
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Icon Coloured By Mystic
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/Fozzy_Guy_YT
    • In Development...
  • Fursona Species: Huskint-Mint Themed Husky | Polo Husky
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 02:54:27 am »
I got some strong opinions on this kinda thing... Yes, these your points are all very good points but now its my turn to counter-act them   :fox-;):

Space... ok... Most PC's come in large bulky cases which take up a lot of room, but you can get tiny preformance PC's that are smaller than the xbone and ps4 (steam machines) typically optamised to plug into your tv and play... with a controler and better preformance

Preformance... PC's will always be ahead on that one as the xbone and ps4 both use modified AMD A10 processors and 4Gb of ram... On the other hand, PC's use a large range of hardware from AMD A4 processors to Intel i7 6700K processors, 2Gb-128Gb of ram, SSD's, GPU's such as the NVidia Geforce GT540 all the way up to the NVidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti

Monitors... multiple monitors can be practical for using skype, teamspeak, discord, video editing, monitoring streams, and even multi monitor gaming... With a console your probably gonna plug it into some massive 48 inch TV so whats the harm in having a couple of 21 inch monitors

Gaming... They can be used in a large range of cenarios from casual with friends, sitting on the couch all the way up to full on championship tounaments... You could play some silly fun game like worms or coffin dodgers, or go full out on starwars battlefront and csgo.

The games... There is a much more vast quantity of games anddifferent types... ranging from the casual on the couch games to simulator games where you could run a farm or build a car or drive a truck, maybe even race a car... You could play with friends building mega structures on Minecraft and fight the wall of flesh on terraria, shoot the hell out of random players on cod or csgo, the options on a pc are limitless. Sure, consoles have their limited games which you may only be able to get on one platform such as forza but the premium costs for games that are cheaper on pc and come out a couple months earlier, not to mention better graphics, PC's still win.

Extras... There are 1000s of accesories for PC's ranging from speakers to periferials to monitors to adapters to controlers to racing wheels etc. PC's even have virtual reality like the oculous rift! Consoles have a lot less as it's limited mainly to the products that are made by the same company or to a cirtain specification.

To concluse though, PC's are for the more tech savy and those looking for proformance and amazing graphics and consoles are for those who dont want to sit there changing settings but just get on and play the games. Yes you have to pay extra for online services on consoles but if it means you don't need to worry about specs and settings then it is worth it for some people. PC's get online for free and also have the customisability to go for a clean white look to an evil looking black and red look. You can do so much more on a PC but for some, you may just want to get on and game, sit on the couch and play fifa. PC gamers usally sit at a desk with a headset getting fully endorced into the game and compeating with gamers around the globe in mass numbers.

My opinion is that I prefer PC's... This is mostly due to specs and preformance :3  #PCMasterRace
  • Flag - mincepie
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/Polo/It/They/Them
***May the polos be ever in your flavour***
If u ever want to talk I'm nearly always on Skype --> fozz.the.husky :lol-fox:
When you're trying to count and this happens...

Gaming Channel , Vlogging Channel , Furry Channel , Twitch Channel

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 10:43:16 am »
Both PCs and consoles have their place, and I think they always will. Personally, I use both a PC and a PS4.

Consoles are great because they're much cheaper than a high-end PC, they're really easy to get right into it and start playing with minimal problems, and I just love the feel of a controller for most games. Not to mention the exclusives, the main reason I got a console in the first place.

PCs: they can definitely outperform a console, if you put a lot into them. It can get expensive doing that. But on the other hand, most everything is more configurable so you can get pretty much anything to work anyway. There's also Steam, which continues to reign supreme in the social gaming arena. And finally, for some games that require more absolute quick precision, nothing beats a mouse and keyboard.

Overall, I keep trying to pick one or the other for my favorite, and I can't. I use them both equally. If I had to pick, I'd pick the PS4 based on the price. My computer isn't half bad, but it still has a long way to go, and I've already put way too much money into that thing. x_x
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 187
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 10:46:15 am »
Both PCs and consoles have their place, and I think they always will. Personally, I use both a PC and a PS4.

Consoles are great because they're much cheaper than a high-end PC, they're really easy to get right into it and start playing with minimal problems, and I just love the feel of a controller for most games. Not to mention the exclusives, the main reason I got a console in the first place.

PCs: they can definitely outperform a console, if you put a lot into them. It can get expensive doing that. But on the other hand, most everything is more configurable so you can get pretty much anything to work anyway. There's also Steam, which continues to reign supreme in the social gaming arena. And finally, for some games that require more absolute quick precision, nothing beats a mouse and keyboard.

Overall, I keep trying to pick one or the other for my favorite, and I can't. I use them both equally. If I had to pick, I'd pick the PS4 based on the price. My computer isn't half bad, but it still has a long way to go, and I've already put way too much money into that thing. x_x

That said, PC games are usually so much cheaper.
Icon by Nagi. :rose:

Offline Cam

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Snowleopard
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 11:29:41 am »
This is an absolutely massive debate within the Australian gaming community. With both console prices being higher here, and the ability to get PC parts for much cheaper from overseas the price difference between a console and a PC is not as much as other countries.

I've been brought up on PC, was never allowed a console until I could purchase one with my own money, so I made do with what I had, but I have actually purchased myself two consoles. A PS3 and an Xbox 360. Played them quite a bit alongside my gaming PC and enjoyed the experience with them, but they were always lacking the graphics, the precision of the mouse and keyboard and it just felt lacking for gaming choices, ability to do what I wanted and far, far more expensive ($130 for a console game vs $40-$60 for PC, even cheaper if you buy online).

No matter what you prefer, PC is the absolute winner, and here are some further reasons why based on my experiences.

Far, far better gaming community. From my experiences playing the same games on console vs PC, the console community is very immature and goes lone wolf a majority of the time, compared to PC gaming being more mature (Possibly due to older people having more of an understanding of gaming?) and teamwork.

Cheaper, especially here in Australia, but if you know what you are doing, it is possible to build a gaming computer for $500, that will play games at 60+FPS while looking better than a console, not to mention you don't just use your computer for gaming, you can do so much more on them, like video editing, photo editing, browsing Facebook and whatever you want to do.

Free online gaming, yep, every single game that has online multiplayer is completely free for you to use online. No subscription service like Xbox live or PS Plus.

Ability to use a wide variety of controllers on them. Want to use an N64 controller? Go ahead. Want to use an Xbox one or PS4 controller? Yep, no worries!

Emulation. Instead of spending hours trying to find an old console online that might not even work, you can emulate games. While not yet for the 7th and 8th Generation, everything before you can emulate and it works near flawlessly.

Customization for software and hardware. One thing I personally love, every computer is different and you can customize to your needs. Want terabytes apon terabytes or storage and don't really play high end games? No worries, spend a bit less on gaming performance and install bigger and more hard drive. Want ultimate gaming performance but no need for room? Yep, you can spend nearly all your budget on gaming performace. Want something inbetween? You can do that to. Want you desktop to look vastly different? Sure go ahead. Not to mention people doing customer watercooling setups, custom cases etc.

Field of view. Console field of views on most games are very narrow and you can miss out on a lot of the action on screen, yet I can put the field of view upto 100 degrees and over, hell even add multiple monitors running a surround or eyefinity setup and get even more.

Graphics, resolutions and stuff like that. Last one on my list, graphics on PC are absolutely, undoubtedly the best, 4K resolutions, anti aliasing, better textures all while, if you have the hardware, running at a very smooth 60fps or higher, something consoles will never be able to achieve.

One more thing about consoles, they are getting more and more similar to the PC gaming experiences, having to install games, download patches, system updates. They are more like PCs than ever before, which leaves the question, why spend money on a console when you can spend it on upgrading a PC you more than likely already have.

Add me on telegram @Animosus

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but travel interstate frequently

Offline Bryen101

• Red Level
  • -=LOOKING FOR FRIENDS=-
    • Twitter - @KaiTheFoxy
    • Steam
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 08:24:24 pm »
This is too true