Author Topic: Automobiles  (Read 499 times)

Offline Suporcur

• aaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • no one care's
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Tape
Automobiles
« on: August 04, 2015, 09:25:47 pm »
So I know the basic stuff, stuff like how a anti-lag system works.. Or how a sequential gearbox works vs a stick and stuff like that. But I wanna know how to take my dirt bike and put it back together, or pop the hood of a 1969 camaro and know wtf I'm looking at, but I don't know any resources to learn this stuff, I can't take classes or anything. I have my broken down yz85 dirt bike and could try to learn to fix it but it's difficult when you don't know anything.

Do any of you know any resources to learn stuff like this?
  • Pronouns: Him/his/he
"*really deep and meaningfull/pessimistic quote here*"

I spent far longer than I should have trying to figure out what that tape says

Offline Kaneo

• Attack For Lacrosse (Profile pic by Shiragi)
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • When Life Gives You Lemons...Make It Awesome
    • Twitter - @Kaneo_Malamute
  • Fursona Species: Alaskan Malamute
Re: Automobiles
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:26:31 pm »
Car forums, experience, looking up what each part of a car looks like. Read a crap ton about them in books/ internet not just about parts but about individual cars wikipedia is nice because if there is something you dont know about, there is a link right there on the page. Also here is a helpful link  for your bike problem http://auto.howstuffworks.com/motorcycle1.htm (ive assembled multiple bike engines with friends so feel free to pm me with questions)

Offline Suporcur

• aaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • no one care's
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Tape
Re: Automobiles
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:36:49 am »
Car forums, experience, looking up what each part of a car looks like. Read a crap ton about them in books/ internet not just about parts but about individual cars wikipedia is nice because if there is something you dont know about, there is a link right there on the page. Also here is a helpful link  for your bike problem http://auto.howstuffworks.com/motorcycle1.htm (ive assembled multiple bike engines with friends so feel free to pm me with questions)

Thanks, I'll be sure to do pm you when I get back to my kx250f after vaca, I'm gunna start racing in fall and it'll be helpful to be able to fix my bike
  • Pronouns: Him/his/he
"*really deep and meaningfull/pessimistic quote here*"

I spent far longer than I should have trying to figure out what that tape says