Author Topic: Honest Concerns  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Honest Concerns
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:42:02 am »
Let me start this out by saying that I care about FT a lot, and I really do. I’m not trying to start a “flame war” either. I just have some concerns, and I know I’m not the only one.

I’m going public with this rather than mention it privately, because I feel it is something that we as a community need to address. I want us all to be on the same page, because the best way to resolve community issues is to have everyone on the same page.

I’m going to start off by saying like I feel this site is dying. It has a lot of potential, I love, and I’m sure many others would agree with me on this, that you guys made this site to try to bring people into the fandom, and make it a safe place. I know myself and others have made some good friends here. However, it seems that these days a lot of people introduce themselves, then don’t stick around. Why is that? Have we as a community become too much of a clique? Is it just by chance that we are not getting many more active users? Or is it something else entirely? I don’t know.

I also feel like we need to get ourselves out there more to draw in more people. The more people that know about us, the more will stick around. I’ve heard that this site is a joke amongst other furry groups and I don't want it to be like that. I want the site and community to grow and thrive.

That being said, I do have some concerns about how the site is run.

Recently, it was discovered by a random chance, that a private chat log between members was posted online, and that staff may have influenced someone do it, based on some concerns they have. Whether or not that person felt pressured to do so I'm not entirely sure.

I will not be posting the log here, nor will I send it to people who ask. I will not say who is involved in the chat log, other than myself. So this does directly affect me.

I can understand being concerned for your members, this is a little too far
What does this show me? A lot actually.

Primarily it shows something I’ve been concerned about for a while, a distinct lack of communication here.

A lot of issues seem to be discussed over on PM, and then nothing gets done about them. I know I’m not the first person to be concerned about some ways this site is run, but it seems that every time something is brought up, nothing changes.

It’s hard for people to stay here and trust this site, when it’s hard for them to trust the staff. In fact, I’ve been too nervous of repercussions to voice my thoughts before this.
There’s some moderators I only know by name because they don’t post. In fact, some people haven’t posted in months. One of the requirements for a staff position is that you have to be active. I know there are staff people don’t talk to because they’re so inactive, and that doesn’t give people someone to go to.

In the past there have also been some concerns about how Moderator positions have been chosen. I know it was mentioned in a certain thread that there are older members you also have choosing staff. This feels incredibly biased because no one knows them, and it’s doubtful they know any of us well enough to make any kind of informed decision.

I believe that the users themselves should also have more of a say in the staff. Admins are fine, but I know there are a lot of moderators people don’t trust, and people need to have people in authority that they can believe in. It’d be more comforting to the users and probably to the staff that there are people who we trust and know are trusted.

I feel like, at the moment, we need to work on better communication between staff and members. There should be no reason for private chats to be posted publicly like this. If there’s a concern about members, it should be brought up to them, talked about, and resolved that way. Not by snooping.

It only hurts the people involved, and makes them trust people less. What FT needs is trust, and to do that I think we’re going to have to have some serious discussions and make some hard decisions.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:52:31 am by Krowdon »
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
Re: Honest Concerns
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:58 am »
I will say that even with you all trying hard to keep things in order and calm, all this secrecy does make it hard for some to trust others.

If thing would be talked about with others than maybe they could be worked out better and have nicer conclusions? I understand that it's stressful and hard to run a site and that some of us might not be as trust worthy as others, but we're all only human, teenagers at that, and we make our mistakes.

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:09:33 am »
I was going to wait until tomorrow to respond to this, but I guess there's no harm in starting the conversation off.

The biggest thing that needs to be said here is that the posting of the chat logs was an isolated incident. Snooping is not, and will never be, how we run things. The whole incident stemmed from users contacting us about feeling unsafe and harassed here, along with concerns of private content being leaked. Us getting ahold of the chat was purely by chance--not once did we go looking, nor had it been planned.

We realize now this was the wrong thing to do. A violation of privacy is no small matter. You are right to bring this to the table, just like everyone is right to be concerned. I can empathize--a couple years ago, a similar thing happened with me on the other end. I was furious, and scared, and stopped going on the site afterwards. So, I completely understand why you guys are upset.

The only thing we can do is own up to our mistakes. We could post forever about how it was a one-time thing and will never happen again, but we know many of you will never trust us again. And that's acceptable. If you don't feel comfortable being a member here any more, that's also understandable. I just ask for your forgiveness, and that you all at least try and understand the context behind what happened.

ETA: Also, its really important to note that nobody is ever going to get in trouble for voicing their concerns. We actually make it a point to keep posts like this up, and answer them publicly, because member feedback is crucial to the way we operate.
So if anyone else would like to voice concerns, please, please do so, now or otherwise. I have no idea why everyone's so terrified of doing that, but hopefully this serves as some sort of example.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:18:44 am by Icee »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 177
  • STERLING
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:43:55 am »
To address the whole "moderator trust/communication" thing.
As I've mentioned before in another thread, mods are busy with work, school, other commitments, etc.
Just because they're gone for a couple months or so, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be trusted or unwelcomed.
We all have our different schedules, sometimes we need a break. If they were no longer trusted with their mod duties and such, I'm sure that would be addressed and taken care of.
I do have a proposal though to maybe break the ice of the whole Mod/Member relationships.
Maybe every so often (Monthly, Bi-monthly, etc.) we could have a Feature Staff Member. They can post about their interests and stuff, almost like the New Member's board. This would give an opportunity for mods and members to freely talk and maybe build some kind of trust or relationship.

Offline Sock.

• King of Everything
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 53
  • doki doki!
    • DeviantArt - TheMiniApocalypse
    • FurAffinity - corgBot
  • Fursona Species: Corgi
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 02:03:10 am »
One reason why members are scared to voice their opinions is anxiety, paranoia, ect. Attempting to share a thought is next to impossible when you can't trust someone. I personally find it incredibly scary talking to someone of higher authority especially when I have no idea how they will react or what will happen. It's gonna be hard letting people know they can speak up, you shouldn't expect it to happen right away. I'm not trying to attack you or any of the other staff but it's kinda hard to trust someone who never talks casually with you. This is partly our faults, but it's expected for the most part.
  • Pronouns: Any
Love Is Love No Matter  Who You Find It In.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Avi art

Offline Flint The Wolf

• 3red5u
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 50
  • The proof is in the floof.
    • FurAffinity - FlintTheWolf
    • Twitter - @Flint_The_Wolf
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 02:33:58 am »
ETA: Also, its really important to note that nobody is ever going to get in trouble for voicing their concerns. We actually make it a point to keep posts like this up, and answer them publicly, because member feedback is crucial to the way we operate.
So if anyone else would like to voice concerns, please, please do so, now or otherwise. I have no idea why everyone's so terrified of doing that, but hopefully this serves as some sort of example.

Alright then, seeing as how no one is going to get in trouble for voicing their concerns, let me take the time to voice all of mine.

I was active on this site for over a year before my posting frequency become more sporadic during the summer of last year. Since then, my posting has whittled down, with my last post being over a couple of months ago. As of now, I consider myself to not be a member of FT, and there are quite a few reasons for that, one of them being that high school, friends, and activities has left me pretty busy, but the main reason being that I've realized just how horribly this site has been run in the past, both during and before my time here, and that, despite making countless mistakes, how the staff hasn't learned from any of them. I've been observing how the site has been operated over the past few months, as well as speaking to former members of the site who can attest to everything I'm about to say.

First of all, having just learned about the "leaked chat log" incident recently, I found myself disappointed yet not surprised in the slightest. Frankly, that's just the tip of the iceberg with the complaints I have, but it's still greatly unsettling nonetheless.

Secondly, Krowdon is correct about how the staff has shown itself to be, at best, unapproachable, and at worst, untrustworthy, dishonest, and honestly just not very good people. I could go on about incidents involving specific staff members and their reprehensible activities both on and off the site, but that would result in the post getting deleted quicker than I could say the alphabet. Let's just say that the list of offenses, at its worst, includes favoritism, displays of zoophilia, and use of ethnically insensitive insults. To my knowledge, no staff member has ever been punished for any of these, nor have they likely even been acknowledged in some cases. Not to mention that there are several staff members who have not posted for very long stretches of time, which, while it may seem minor compared to what I'm complaining about, is in itself a direct contradiction to what the site claims to expect from its moderators. Plain and simple, if a moderator can't take the time to at least post once or twice every few days or so, they don't belong moderating the site.

Third, I too have heard about the selection process for selecting new staff members, and I frankly find myself extremely puzzled as to how anyone could think that allowing former staff members to have a say in selecting staff is a good idea. Just as Krowdon mentioned, staff members who are no longer active have almost no possible way of judging the character or qualifications of a current member of the site unless they still frequent the site in some way (which, to my knowledge, is not usually the case). Furthermore, it is extremely questionable that current members of the site are given absolutely no say in who moderates it. While I know that giving people a vote would open up the possibility of people being selected based simply on popularity, this is where seniority and administration making decisions could prove to be helpful. Setting solid guidelines, such as requiring mods to have been on the site for a certain period of time with a certain level of activity or requiring mods to be of a certain age, could give users a solid pool of candidates to choose from, and would ensure that only qualified users could become staff.

Fourth, taking into account everything else I've said, I feel that users should be allowed to publicly complain about staff members if an incident occurs. With the current ways the rules are set up, complaining about specific staff members can result in your post/thread being deleted/locked. Meanwhile, whatever the staff member in question did, their punishment is decided by their fellow staff members. Seeing as how certain staff members are friends with one another, this opens up the possibility for staff members to be let off the hook, with their incidents potentially being swept under the rug. It's an extremely dishonest set-up, and to my knowledge, I've seen it happen before. If users were allowed to, within means, complain about something a staff member did, this would make an appropriate reaction from the staff almost mandatory to ensure everything is kept under control. In my mind, this would allow the site to police itself far more effectively, and would create a system that is far more fair by default.

Last, Krowdon is completely right about furry groups seeing the site as a complete joke, and this is very disappointing considering that this is the only site out there that caters specifically to teenagee furries and gives them a safe place separate from adult-dominated furry sites. This makes it imperative that this site's users hold it to a high standard, as this is, indeed, the only place made exclusively for teenage furries, and thus, if this site is substandard, there is literally nowhere else that offers the positive services that FT claims to offer.

I know there's a pretty high chance that this post will be edited or deleted, but it's a risk I'm willing to take to see this site potentially become better. It's 2:27 where I am right now, so I tried to get all of my thoughts out as quickly as possible. To anyone reading this, thanks for having read the whole thing, and to FT staff, please know that this is not meant to smear or destroy your reputations; this is meant merely to express my transgressions towards you as a whole, and to suggest ways this site could be operated that would fix the problems many current and former users have with the site. If you truly want to see this site improve, you will see this not as an attack, but as criticism that will allow you to correct yourselves and your system. Good night to you all.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:11:24 am by Flint The Wolf »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Whoever said "weird" was "bad"?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Bigf00t777
Email: videosteven10@gmail.com

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 12:06:00 pm »
First, just going to reiterate that nobody gets in trouble here for voicing concerns. Member feedback, especially when it comes to the way we run things, its crucial to building the environment we have here. The only time we delete/edit threads is when its considered a callout, staff member or not. I don't think we've ever taken action simply because someone expressed disagreement with the way we run things (at least not in the 4 years I've been here). The most recent incident can be found in Spam, and deleting that thread wasn't even a topic of discussion. The last time we edited posts about something of this nature was a couple months ago, and that was because members were called out, on top of bans being discussed. I know approaching anyone of power is scary, especially when they have to power to punish you, but that's really not what we're trying to do here.

Now, addressing your concerns more specifically:

You're going to have to be a lot more specific regarding staff misconduct. Your accusations are alarming, and if they're true, its something that needs to be discussed. To say everyone here is untrustworthy and dishonest is a stretch. Your remark about "not very good people" is personally offensive. These are people who sacrifice their time to enhance the lives of others. Like I told a member (publicly) a couple weeks ago--there's a lot more work that gets done behind-the-scenes. Every incident, no matter how small, has a thread and a discussion to follow. While I agree 100% that the posting habits of our staff need to be worked on, to say they're not fit to be staff because of it is unfair. Every on-duty staff member right now participates in discussions regarding the site and its members. Running a forum full of teens and working to keep it a safe space is emotionally demanding work. Its not just posts on a website, some situations are these people's lives, and so we treat them as such. If we just hired based on posting habits, picking new staff would be a lot easier.

But back on topic, I'd like to hear more about these incidents you're talking about (privately, of course). We've heard a whole lot of serious accusations, but not much to back them up. If they're not aknowledged, its possible the person doesn't even realize what they did. While we hold our staff to higher expectations, we're still only humans, and humans make mistakes. We're not going to get anywhere if nobody ever actually reports the things we're doing. If one of us says something insensitive, report it or contact another staff member about it. Nobody is helping anybody out by just sitting here and thinking "Wow, they should know better." So yes, I invite anyone to contact the Admins regarding specifics (screenshots or links) and we will go from there. (As an aside, the zoophile situation is currently being addressed.)

Your proposal about including members in the staff application process is an interesting one. I can certainly see where you're coming from, I just don't think its actually feasible. As mentioned above, there's a lot more that goes into a good staff member than just post count and popularity on the forum. Our current staff members are very intuitive, and can often see potential outside of post count. That's also why hard-set guidelines don't have a place here. While we do consider things post count, age, and time spent here, they're not the only things, and other things such as communication skills and passion/drive can trump them. I will say that MOST staff members prefer someone to be around for a least a year, with a decent number of non-staff posts, with some exceptions. I'm speaking from experience on this as I was an exception, since I wasn't even around a full year before I made it to staff.

I also understand concerns with former staffers being allowed to take part in the process; but that's just it--they're allowed. They're by no means required, and, being former staffers, all have the maturity and decency to not chime in when they don't know what they're talking about. Its very, very rare that a retired staff member actually gets involved with the new staff process (for reference, our last couple of application polls have all had 10-11 votes total, which just covers the number of active staffers). Mainly, they're around to provide insight on incidents that have also happened in the past, and because they will always hold a special place here.

I will say, that if enough members rally for a certain staff member to be stripped of their position, its considered. Its a huge gray area, and administrative powers still trump all; but we're also good at considering concerns and that is amplified if a large amount of members are all saying the same thing. Otherwise, there's not really any member input that could be given about punishments. Either someone's staff or they're not, and we use the "not" option only in very serious scenarios (similar to how we keep member bans as a last resort). Things like a 2-week ban on staffing privileges would be kind of pointless on a site of this nature; but if that's what you all would prefer, I can bring it to the staff discussion table.

Also, I'm personally well aware how other sites view us. However, I would argue that its more due to the nature of the site, and not the way we run things. Anything with "teen" in the name is going to be the butt of jokes on the internet. We also get crap because we're a "hugbox"--but that is what we aim to be. There are limitless places where a teen can be ridiculed and critiqued just for being themselves. So, we're trying to provide the opposite of that. Sometimes we stumble in our pursuit of making this place a safe and equal place for all...but we're constantly learning, and overall, I'd say we're doing a pretty good job of it.

I'm sure I speak for all of the staff when I say we don't view this as a smear, or even with negative intentions. You've raised some good points, and we have a lot of things to discuss and consider. Thank you for voicing your concerns.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • STERLING
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 12:21:34 pm »
Another suggestion, maybe we can make a google doc/form (I'm not exactly sure what they're called) for members to report incidents. Maybe it would be less intimidating, and maybe they can have the option to stay anonymous?

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 12:23:47 pm »
Another suggestion, maybe we can make a google doc/form (I'm not exactly sure what they're called) for members to report incidents. Maybe it would be less intimidating, and maybe they can have the option to stay anonymous?

We've talked about a system to make things anonymous in the past but we're kinda at a loss. I guess Google docs never occurred to us. I'm not too familiar, but I think there's a way to allow anon form submission?

We'll have to look into it more, thanks for the suggestion <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 12:34:39 pm »

We've talked about a system to make things anonymous in the past but we're kinda at a loss. I guess Google docs never occurred to us. I'm not too familiar, but I think there's a way to allow anon form submission?

We'll have to look into it more, thanks for the suggestion <3

There is!! It's called Google forms, and you can find it here.

https://www.google.com/forms/about/

All you need to use it is a google drive account!

Here is an example form I made,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17SHG6nXfjP0_rDOoQndgDf8v0ow3_czscrpg2VaGk3E/viewform?usp=send_form

and here are the responses. I made it so anyone with the link can view them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11dUtSFepUut9iQTUuorTKC_WAnleKhibFHlzImqBrt4/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see, the responses don't have any names to them.

So this could totally be a possibility.
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 303
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 01:25:27 pm »
I just wanted to say that I'm not personally offended by your objections to staff conduct. In fact I really appreciate that people want to improve the community. I'm also terribly sorry about the chat-logs accidentally being made publicly accessible, that members have felt unsafe here, and that some have felt paranoid about approaching staff. None of that should be happening.

Needless to say, it definitely should not have been posted publicly accessible off the forum. For that we're extremely sorry and we don't normally attempt to invade on the privacy of members. That's why we don't monitor PMs members send each other and instead ask that users report any offending PMs to us. As Panda said, it happened upon chance and we were really concerned about reports of people being harassed and having their private posts leaked off-site.

Panda has already said a tonne about staff conduct, so I'll just say that I agree that a lot of valid points have been made. Especially in regards to cliquish behaviour and enthusiasm of the staff's behalf. I've seen problematic attitudes shared by staff members recently, and there's many ways I could improve my relations with the community, myself. I'm going to be discussing this with the staff in the meantime in hopes of improving things. I really don't want you to be afraid to report problems or even talk to us.

Thanks for sharing all of your problems though. As I said, I appreciate that you wish to help us and have been understanding of our own situations.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 02:19:22 pm »
Us getting ahold of the chat was purely by chance--not once did we go looking, nor had it been planned.

the issue is, depending on who i ask about this, this part of the story is different. it varies from staff to staff member. :/

i honestly have to doubt a 30 day log came into your hold by chance. we've had people admit to how this happened and it really goes against what y'all have been saying. if you are telling the truth, that means other parts of your staff team are lying about the whole incident.

Needless to say, it definitely should not have been posted publicly accessible off the forum.

i'm also taking issue with this part. you would rather it be posted privately for staff? what happened was completely irresponsible and wrong of staff to do, especially staff on a site that claims to be a safe place.

i understand if users were uncomfortable, but instead of voicing that with users involved, you simply took private chat logs and hoped going through them would give you enough information on said incidents to do.. what? ban or suspend members? what were you going to do with said information?

on the topic of accusations against staff with nothing to hold them up, it'd be pretty easy for many users to find said information on staff. i personally know of a few incidents along with proof i have easily at hand. :/ the issue is that staff does not take these accusations seriously (historically, such things have happened before).

on another note relating staff, i know multiple users that are blocked by staff on social media. i can understand this with banned members, but users with no warnings or bans being blocked by staff on twitter and facebook? it's clear who staff likes and dislikes just by checking said social media. it seems a little backwards for staff claiming to be helpful and caring to block users on other sites.

i definitely understand not adding them on private/personal accounts, but these are public, fandom accounts. :/
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 02:35:02 pm »
Look I'm gonna be blunt and say what those who are affected by this incident are thinking: you all fucked up majorly and shouldn't even bother to act like your sorry for it. If you were it wouldn't have happened in the first place. No amounts of apologies or false sincerities are going to get them to overlook it either.

What's done is done and can't be changed so don't even try to fix things. I've been sitting here listening to others who've been banned or other things, trying to be nice and keep a positive attitude but this is just not even worth lying to myself about. The fact isn't that what you did was not only wrong and an invasion of privacy, the fact is that you had someone they all trusted do that. Regardless of what it's means were just as Hoofie said, you could've gone to the people concerning your issue and was involved in them.

Let me ask you this: why should members trust you all when you don't trust them?

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • STERLING
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 02:51:00 pm »
Just offering another suggestion, also while explaining your concerns, maybe say how you would like things to be fixed. We can only complain so much but if staff doesn't know how you would like things to be taken care of, then there's no way to fix it.
Just something to keep in mind.

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 03:26:45 pm »
Us getting ahold of the chat was purely by chance--not once did we go looking, nor had it been planned.

the issue is, depending on who i ask about this, this part of the story is different. it varies from staff to staff member. :/

i honestly have to doubt a 30 day log came into your hold by chance. we've had people admit to how this happened and it really goes against what y'all have been saying. if you are telling the truth, that means other parts of your staff team are lying about the whole incident.

Of course I don't mean we randomly happened upon a log.
What I meant was, we never once said "We don't like these people, let's go looking for a log of their chats!" Nobody was even aware a staff member was part of this until I called them out, and they came forward with the rest. We never forced anyone to post a log or even any info. I realize the story differs based on people's perspectives (the initial conversation was only between me and said staff member), and people will take it as they will.

Following that:
Yes, we did the wrong thing. We fucked up. This was the wrong way to handle the situation and we see that now.
I realize most of you aren't going to accept our apology and that is completely understandable.
However, nobody is offering any alternate solutions. You are free to use this thread to continue voicing your concerns, but I don't think any of us have the energy to keep replying to the same things over and over.

Oh, and regarding blocking:
I personally have maybe 2-3 users blocked, simply because they were spamming me. I do not appreciate strings of messages intended to harass me, and I think that only makes me human. I can see why this would suggest playing favorites, but please look into the contexts of things before throwing accusations around.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 03:35:58 pm »
Following that:
Yes, we did the wrong thing. We fucked up. This was the wrong way to handle the situation and we see that now.
I realize most of you aren't going to accept our apology and that is completely understandable.
However, nobody is offering any alternate solutions. You are free to use this thread to continue voicing your concerns, but I don't think any of us have the energy to keep replying to the same things over and over.

Regarding the chat thing, really, there's not muchI think can be done other than apologize and own up to it, which you all have done. Even saying it won't happen again, as you have done, is a step in the right direction.

Not everyone is going to accept the apology, and even those who do I doubt will ever forget that it happened.

I want to say that the issue with the chat thing has been discussed and covered, and everyone has learned from it and we can hopefully avoid this in the future.

There are some other concerns, such as people's mistrust of staff, and some things said by Flint and Hoofie that probably still need discussion, but please do not call out people by name in my thread if you're going to discuss it.

Edit: That being said, I will accept the staffs apology. They clearly understand what went wrong, and have shown remorse for it. I don't think it's okay that it happened at all, but at least we've addressed it and I feel good about that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:38:28 pm by Krowdon »

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 03:38:52 pm »
There are some other concerns, such as people's mistrust of staff, and some things said by Flint and Hoofie that probably still need discussion, but please do not call out people by name in my thread if you're going to discuss it.

Such as what, specifically?
Again, everyone keeps saying they have evidence of staff misconduct, yet provide nothing. We literally cannot move forward unless you guys explain things further. All we ask is that this stuff isn't posted publicly (ie screenshots/whatever PMed to us)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »

Again, everyone keeps saying they have evidence of staff misconduct, yet provide nothing. We literally cannot move forward unless you guys explain things further. All we ask is that this stuff isn't posted publicly (ie screenshots/whatever PMed to us)

I would ask them, as they just said "incidents" and I'm not sure what they mean exactly.

Offline Flint The Wolf

• 3red5u
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 50
  • The proof is in the floof.
    • FurAffinity - FlintTheWolf
    • Twitter - @Flint_The_Wolf
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 04:42:17 pm »

I have your evidence right here. However, seeing as how privacy isn't valued very much among your staff, I would like to take the time to say that I will not be respecting your wishes. The users of this site have a right to see what the staff moderating them is truly like, and the various mistakes they have made and have not answered for.

First off, the ethnically insensitive insults I was speaking of:

=136376798&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1]http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/FlintLoki777/media/6E583DFDA1BF358D987C45F1F8E20CCAE8C4C80B0C4DE7D4EFpimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpszqlxkjue.png.html?filters[user]=136376798&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

=136376798&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/FlintLoki777/media/772596B42D641DA1AC207BFC80A465CF438FFB8676474B5A4Cpimgpsh_fullsize_distr_zpsqqtx5c6g.png.html?filters[user]=136376798&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

I wonder how many people from Germany or of German decent use this forum? I myself am of German descent, and though I personally don't consider myself as "in-touch" with my heritage as other people, I'm pretty sure those who do would take some exception to being referred to as "krauts". Furthermore, this behavior in itself is well below what is expected of moderators. You may use the argument that the staff is human, and to a degree, mistakes can be accepted so long as they are mended and fixed. However, this can not and does not excuse such behavior. This would be considered by most people to be insensitive and rude at best, and childish at worst. Moderators may be human, but as a human myself, I can say pretty solidly that this is no way for someone with a position of power to act.

However, to my knowledge, the moderator in question was never punished for their actions, and a thread relating to said incident was never created. Could this perhaps have something to do with the moderator in question being in a relationship with another moderator? That's not for me to decide, but the conflict of interest here would appear to be pretty apparent.

Secondly, I have very clear proof that the site's staff not only partakes in favoritism, but also privately insults members of the site, and have used insults that are extremely insensitive to non-binary individuals, otherkin individuals, and those who identify with certain sexualities. Furthermore, I have several people who can testify that, within this log, you are "XXX420yifftasticfurry69XXX", and that the log itself is legitimate. I will allow the text within this link to speak for itself.

http://pastebin.com/qtSKJPpN

At this point, I care very little if this post is deleted. In my opinion, it is extremely important that the users of this site sees the true character of its staff, and that you and the rest of the staff answer for this. If you don't and this post gets deleted, I have no problem sharing this information using another medium. Have a good day.

Whoever said "weird" was "bad"?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Bigf00t777
Email: videosteven10@gmail.com

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 04:45:58 pm »
oh wow a lot about me! <3 <3 i feel so special <3 :')

i forgot this existed. ignore anything i might have mentioned sympathizing with staff.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya