Author Topic: Creative Writing Ideas  (Read 785 times)

Offline Molon Labe

• Y'know, I've been wanting to say this a long time now, SCREW YOU IT'S MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
    • FurAffinity - texasinfidel
  • Fursona Species: Alligator
Creative Writing Ideas
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:34:27 pm »
So I'm taking a course for school this year called creative writing and I honestly have no idea what we do in that class. Our teacher's pretty nice and I know we're going to free write quite a bit, but that's all I really know. Have any of you taken this class before? And if so what should I expect or what should I write about? Thanks.

(I'm pretty sure this should go in the school help sect. But oh well too late now)
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
A SOLDIER'S SPIRIT IS FOREVER IN MY HEART
THE LOVE OF MY COUNTRY WILL NEVER DEPART
SO IF EVER MY COUNTRY SHOULD CALL UPON ME
I WILL GIVE MY LIFE TO KEEP US ALL FREE

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Re: Creative Writing Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 03:50:05 pm »
I took a creative writing class!!

See, my teacher liked poetry so we did a lot of poetry. Which I didn't care for.

Usually though, they'll give you some kind of prompt.

So for example, one of my prompts I had to write on was "Imagine you step off a bus in the year 2301. What do you see? "

those kind of things.

Or she'd show us a picture of a person, and we'd have to write a story for them.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 02:14:00 am »
i like writing about my oc's personally
coming up with scenarios and such for them
maybe you could do something like that? make original characters and go from there
ugh i want a creative writing class so bad i gotta see if my school offers it as an elective
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Molon Labe

• Y'know, I've been wanting to say this a long time now, SCREW YOU IT'S MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 11:04:09 pm »
Ok is the author of Maximum Ride a furry? I read the book's summary and several of the main characters were these wolf-human hybrid people created in a lab. I dunno seems pretty furry if ya ask me.  :fox-:):
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:05:49 pm by Μολων Λαβέ (Molon Labe) »

Offline AlaskaFolf

• Emoji Liberator
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • FT's Official Gravity Tester
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Fox Hybrid (Folf)
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 11:16:15 pm »
To be honest with you, creative writing classes can be either really fun or really boring. I personally love them, because you can learn so much about how to be a better author. Also, I'm not sure if James Patterson is a furry or not. something I'll have to look into
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:18:05 pm by AlaskaWolf »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
With great power comes great electricity bill.

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 12:52:47 am »
Write 10 ideas for a short story on a piece of paper. Now crumple up the paper and throw it away.

Now come up with 5 more completely different story ideas, throw these away too.

At this point, you might be running out of ideas to write about. This is good. Creativity is always best when in necessity. Really strain to come up with a completely original idea/plot line that is different from the ones you have thrown away. This is going to be hard, but once you have a steady lead, write about that. You'd be surprise how good stories can get using this method. The obvious and cliche storylines you come up with are always thought up first. So by the time you get to this final stage, your creative juices are really flowing and you can come up with some great plots.
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Molon Labe

• Yellow Level
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 02:33:44 am »
Write 10 ideas for a short story on a piece of paper. Now crumple up the paper and throw it away.

Now come up with 5 more completely different story ideas, throw these away too.

At this point, you might be running out of ideas to write about. This is good. Creativity is always best when in necessity. Really strain to come up with a completely original idea/plot line that is different from the ones you have thrown away. This is going to be hard, but once you have a steady lead, write about that. You'd be surprise how good stories can get using this method. The obvious and cliche storylines you come up with are always thought up first. So by the time you get to this final stage, your creative juices are really flowing and you can come up with some great plots.
Wow. That just blew my mind. Thank you Raccoaster, much obliged.

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »
      The school I attend doesn't support a creative writing program. We do have journalism and a required four years of English though. I have experience with creative writing compitions. Normally, you're given an opening idea to help you establish a focus of what you should base your story around. You should note that these are very direct about how to open your story, but they don't limit what you do with that in the terms of development. Be very careful in spelling words properly and using correct grammar. The compitions I've been in are very strict on rules for grammar. Also, keep a sharp mind as you write. People don't enjoy dull stories with no depth. I'd expect the writing classes to be similar to the competitions, the only difference being it's guided and critiqued by your teacher and you're not left to your devices against a large group experts.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His