Author Topic: 11th grade physics, yo  (Read 442 times)

Offline Arkham Shiragi

• Fluffy Mad Scientist
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • To the endless tomorrow!
    • FurAffinity - Shiragi
    • Weasyl - Shiragi
    • My Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Husky/fox hybrid
11th grade physics, yo
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:14:32 pm »
Anybody have any advice? I'm in 11th grade and I'm taking an AP Physics class, and although I feel comfortable for right now, I'm concerned that the class might go a little fast and that the information is rather hard to remember all of. If you have anything that helped you in the past or any links to good reference and/or tutorial sites, that would be appreciated. c:
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
Tell the world I know that my mind is made
It's a horror show, but I'm not afraid †

Offline Koala123

• Nervous
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 40
  • I'm personal
    • FurAffinity - Koala
  • Fursona Species: Koala
Re: 11th grade physics, yo
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 10:24:34 pm »
I don't really know much about this topic, but here's a link to Xantera's advice and links for school and all things related: http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=23065.0
Sorry that I can't really help; I'm only in 9th :p

Offline Justin_

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 12:37:57 am »
I would say that the best thing to do would be to keep up with your work and keep very good notes on what you learn, especially the formulas and equations. If you do that you should be fine, if you need just ask for help. And don't forget Google is your best friend, especially if you have a smartphone and you teacher lets you have it out in class!

Its always fun to tell people but I am in physics 2 and I never passed algebra 1 :P :)
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Shoobs <3

• Green Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Fursona Species: dragonnn
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 02:58:10 am »
Hmr.. I agree with Justin.
I may be speaking from my experience and how my brain works but, typically it takes a little while to adapt. like, for some time, grades may drop and things can be stressing, but figuring out how to control the stress will help you adapt easier and soon enough, it will be easy.

Always try to keep up with your work, being stressed out can really hamper this. try things like ASMR, listening to music, some teas like chamomile, etc if you are stressed. stress can be one of your worst enemies in this situations.

I do know a thing or two about studying. Studying harder gets you nowhere, try to study smarter.
Study in sessions of 30-45 minutes and do them at the same time every day. try to create a comfortable environment to do so, limit distractions in that environment as good as possible

Don't be afraid to ask for help either.  and don't forget to give yourself a break, once again, study and work smarter, not harder.

Google Scholar is pretty neat too.

If you're writing a paper, and you do research, ALWAYS cite your sources.

Remember, this is what has worked for me. I can't guarantee it will work as well for everyone else.

Good luck in your classes :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:05:06 am by Frost »
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
How funny that you proclaim sainthood over your ancestor's piety
Hey, if you're worried about misgendering me (it's understandable since ive been all over the place trying to figure myself out) then don't! as long as it's not intentional then it's not a big deal to me.