Author Topic: Water on Mars?  (Read 768 times)

Offline Eriadam

• The Scarfed One
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 244
  • Tell me if you need help. I am always there for ya
  • Fursona Species: Light-Blue Wolf
Water on Mars?
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:25:22 pm »
So I've been browsing a little bit on internets and apperently Nasa announced they found evidence of Water on Mars

I'm not really interested in space stuff or anything but I did found these news interesting ouo

Gif of liquid water on Mars :

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a5Kj7Ry_460sv.mp4

''And if you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself
Get a better mirror
Look a little closer, Stare a little longer
Because there’s something inside you, that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit''

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
Re: Water on Mars?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 01:44:11 pm »
Yes! Space stuffs!

Okay here's my theory, what if there really is water but it's all gotten beneath the suffice of the planet? Like under ground cave systems. But not only that since this is another planet were taking about, perhaps maybe everything is underground? Like those "mysterious statues" that were found a while ago, they could've been unearthed (or unmarsed) due to the storms or wind on that planet.

Now for my realist thinking: it might be water but it just might be shadows in an odd place looking like water. Since we're so far away we see things differently, regardless of how much our technology and science has improve we could still be looking at just shadows and assuming it's water. Of which we won't know for certain unless we send something/one up(?) There to find out.

It's hard taking about the directions of space because you can't really be sure if it's really up, down, over, under, to the left or right. What if we are all upsidedown

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 153
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:56:49 pm »
^^^
no, its not just looking like water. it actually shows salt deposits normally present in water.
although the idea of an underground race of martians appeals to me, it would make sense from an evolutionary standpoint as well, what with all the storms and acid rain and such.

I saw this today and think it's rather cool.

#iwanttobelieve!
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 07:41:48 pm »
This is amazing news. The water that the has been found is very briney and this high salt content is what lets the water not immediately evaporate due to mars's almost non-existent atmosphere. Scientists are not sure where the water is coming from but one theory suggests the salt in the ground lets water molecules condense onto them enough until it starts to flow.

I'm so hyped about what happens because of this. All aboard the hype train!  :lol-fox:
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 61
  • Pic by Businessfox on FA
    • FurAffinity - Alexzandr
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 12:14:36 am »
This in my opinion, sounds better than it looks. The Mars reaserch team had a AMA on Reddit. In that they stated (as others have) its salty, and in a small amount. Not only that but a rover cant reach it due to the slope, and we have to be careful and keep the rover super clean. Not stopping the Man on Mars hype train, just slowing its pace.
Just like a burn will linger, she crept between my fingers, and to my body she has now become a new disease. A fog to cloud vision, more like an apparition. She made a mess and now abandoned me.
Twitter Youtube Crush thing? Deviantart

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 01:35:08 am »
This in my opinion, sounds better than it looks. The Mars reaserch team had a AMA on Reddit. In that they stated (as others have) its salty, and in a small amount. Not only that but a rover cant reach it due to the slope, and we have to be careful and keep the rover super clean. Not stopping the Man on Mars hype train, just slowing its pace.

Im just hyped that this is the first confirmed liquid surface water on any planet besides ours.

HYPE TRAIN FULL SPEED AHEAD CHOO CHOO
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 06:44:39 am »
I love how quick science can change, remember when everyone said there's no water on Mars? Mwuahahaha.

This will be exciting to watch develop, I still think there might be an underground civilization of Martians on Mars (not really, but come on it would be cool).
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:56:20 am »
This is really awesome news! New space discoveries are always really exciting c:
I'm mostly excited due to the fact that there is water on another planet. We've always been taught that earth was the only planet that had water. Even if it can't support life and stuff it's still such an amazing discovery to just find water on another planet.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 10:34:25 pm »
This is very interesting. In fact there has been recent news about more definitive evidence. As many know, now NASA has planned men on Mars.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥