Author Topic: Domestic canines  (Read 2206 times)

Offline NobodySpecial

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
Domestic canines
« on: February 12, 2005, 07:05:20 pm »
Anyone here have a dog companion? This thread is to talk about anything about dogs.
I'm fond of bull terriers, they are awesome dogs, anyone  partial to a specific breed?
"Did you just "Lol" on me?"

Offline Skitz

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
Domestic canines
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 08:40:04 pm »
Alsations For me. I LOVE THEM

They're Beautiful Dogs
Loyal, Fierce, Strong and pretty Friendly If you Bring Them up In The Right Way. But ATM i don't have one, but If i move out i may get a few.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- George Orwell

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Domestic canines
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 10:34:28 pm »
I had agolden retriver, but he was too much for living in the city, so he's wth my grandma, and happier cause theres so much space for him to run around in.
I like the huskies.  There coats are beutiful adn theres just somehting about those ice blue eyes....
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
Domestic canines
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 11:57:52 am »
English Springer Spaniel....

They have great personalities and are pretty smart. They are also VERY hyperactive. The dog I have now is the second springer that our family has had and I couldn't imagine having another breed. However they need a lot of walks, they're definitely not for the city.

Offline Icefox

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • rawr ^^
Domestic canines
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 12:11:18 pm »
My friend has an American Eskimo.  It's cute as heck.

Offline Ben Lagg

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 0
Domestic canines
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 03:20:19 am »
My dad's got two black poodles, both small. Very cute!

My mom's got a medium-sized poodle and a white sheperd. They're both friendly, snuggly and all styles of ky00t! ^.^
"Take life seriously, if taking life is your profession"
                - Shannat Pansamsi, assassin monk

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
Domestic canines
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 04:56:44 pm »
My family has a german cross bred with something else but its frickin lazy most of the time but really hyper when it wants to play XP Her name is moxie and shes cute ^.^

Offline Tiger Of Integrity

• Orange Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 03:47:55 pm »
Would so love to have a canine around as a companion but my mum frickin freaks out at the mere mention of animals. She's basically got a paranoid phobia of every animal you can think of!
" You can't change the world but you can make a dent in it. "
" The one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail. "
" Sometimes light is really dark. Sometimes good is really stark. Sometimes Winter feels like Spring. Don't think you know everything. "
" I prefer to think of it as misunderstood. Aren't we all? "

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 04:55:22 pm »
Quote from: Tiger Of Integrity
Would so love to have a canine around as a companion but my mum frickin freaks out at the mere mention of animals. She's basically got a paranoid phobia of every animal you can think of!

Wow that sucks @.@ I love dogs because you can actually play with them and they are great to have around and spend time with. How could you be afraid of any animal ? I'm not afraid of any animal untill it attacks me XD

• Orange Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 06:08:51 pm »
Basically I've tried everything from the ordinary to the downright bizarre and the answer is always still no. Dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, guinea pigs, fish, parrots, snakes, lizards, tarantulas and even stick insects (Yeh, I was that desperate)! After years of torturing her nerves and persistent arguments I finally persuaded her enough and now have two birds. Hey, it's a start!
" Sometimes light is really dark. Sometimes good is really stark. Sometimes Winter feels like Spring. Don't think you know everything. "

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 08:03:13 pm »
Quote from: Tiger Of Integrity
Basically I've tried everything from the ordinary to the downright bizarre and the answer is always still no. Dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, guinea pigs, fish, parrots, snakes, lizards, tarantulas and even stick insects (Yeh, I was that desperate)! After years of torturing her nerves and persistent arguments I finally persuaded her enough and now have two birds. Hey, it's a start!

Wow she should have let you start off with a fish since I think birds are a bit worst then fish XD oh well parents and kids will never understand each other XP

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Puppies are food! :P
Domestic canines
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 08:16:16 pm »
i have two dogs, one's a grumpy old husky-chow mix, and the other one's a young, neurotic purebred husky

Offline Ben Lagg

• Orange Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 04:23:38 am »
My mom's got two: A white sheperd and a medium size poodle.

Dad got two black poodles, other a migdet (or mini) and other a 'toy'. ^.^
"Take life seriously, if taking life is your profession"
                - Shannat Pansamsi, assassin monk

Offline Ocelot Kalinda

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Umm...meow and stuff.
    • Myspace bullshit.
Domestic canines
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 08:29:44 pm »
Lets see, we have 4 greyhounds, a bordercollie, and a cocker spaniel. My favorite dogs though are huskies.
VNV Nation - Beloved - "Moments lost and time remains, I am so proud of what we were. No pain remains, no feeling. Eternity awaits. Grant me wings that I might fly, my restless soul is longing. No pain remains, no feeling. Eternity awaits"

• Orange Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 01:49:24 pm »
Where do most of you find your canine friends from? Like adopting them from shelters or what?

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 08:24:57 pm »
My family got our dog from the SPCA ^.^ shes a mixed breed half german shepard and half something else. Shes a great dog since she can understand what you are asking her ^.^

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Puppies are food! :P
Domestic canines
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 08:25:52 pm »
most of my family's dogs come from shelters or the pound, but two came from breeders. one was a great dane (we didn't keep it long, too big :( ), and our neurotic husky we got now, but she doesn't have papers

• Orange Level
Domestic canines
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 08:33:37 pm »
Do any of you ever watch that Pet Rescue programme on the Animal Planet? They advertise a dog for adoption in every episode. Looking at them makes me wish I could get one of them, if not all!

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Domestic canines
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 10:15:36 pm »
The important thing to rember is to get one only if you can take care of it.  that's why most animals are in the shelters, becouse their owners couldn't take care of them....
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
Domestic canines
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 10:24:00 am »
"A dog is for life, not just for Christmas."