Author Topic: Adopts anyone [Discussion]  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 248
  • I don't bite...hard
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Pig of somesort
Adopts anyone [Discussion]
« on: November 05, 2015, 10:38:27 pm »
Okay its safe to say that I've recently become obsessed with adopts, and I haven't seen a place to talk about adopts and stuff so thought I'd make one :3 This is just for talking about adopts, we have a thread already for giving them away.
Feel free to move if this is the wrong area^^'

So uh anybody obsessed or just likes them, or is it just me :P
Got any cute ones lately, how many have you got, got a fav adopt artist/designer or a fav species or just some designs/species your dying to have, etc.

I just really wanna talk adopts to someone X3
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:47:46 am by Flash »
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
  • See you space cowboy...
    • FurAffinity - bts
  • Fursona Species: Saber tooth/Albino Ball Python
Re: Adopts anyone
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:54:10 pm »
I can't even begin to cover my love for adopts! I've adopted a good portion of my characters, just because I can't help myself. Totally don't over have 100...
Some of my more recent ones are Dianthya and Harley. I'd love to see some of yours too!
  • Pronouns: She/Her

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 177
  • STERLING
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:23:16 pm »
I know my girlfriend just recently spent a pretty large sum on an adopt recently *cough cough*
I think they're really cute, I really want one, but I can never find one I really connect to or one that's not insanely priced.

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • I don't bite...hard
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:46:07 pm »
BTS-My god they are both so pretty ;w; I don't have a lot of adopts yet, I started getting into them like a couple months ago and just now had some money. I'm so jelly >w< I'll have a whole bunch someday.
My most recent ones are Ruby and my spider girl and does MYO count cause I totally love my MYO dosarak.

Ruby is my favorite right now, I just love her design so much.

Got any fav artists/designers or species?
Its so hard for me to pick but I do really like Raptorslut's stardragons and Cookiehanas eerays ^^ I really hope that they release a design or open for customs when I have money someday XD
I like human faced species adopts :fox-:P: dreamys being my top fav 

Xantera- Thats was my problem at first couldn't really find any I liked, but after a lot of searching I guess I found "my type of people" since I prefer humanoids over anthros or ferals. Now I just want every single one I see XD Their all so cute!
Yeah the price keeps me from getting some, even though I personally would pay a couple hundred for a really good design I just never have that much extra when they release them. I know I've seen quite a few dreamys go for a couple hundred, I'm so upset that I missed out on the Halloween ones since they were cheaper I need to go to DA more.
I just really want a dreamy dang it.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
    • FurAffinity - bts
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 11:58:24 pm »
Nagi - Ah, thank you! Yours are gorgeous too, I love Ruby!
My favorite designer is probably SCPkid, I've known them for ages and their art has just gotten better and better! I own one of their designs but I could never have enough of them. They just posted another two designs and if I wasn't running low I'd so get one.
When I was still on DA I had a bunch of popular species, Sushi Dogs, Waterdogs, Yeverns, Nubians, and Cinnadogs but I sold most since some drama happened on DA and I was pretty distraught. I still have my Cinnas but I do miss owning my Sushi Dogs. ;u; As for recent species I have A Dutch Angel Dragon which is really adorable and I'm on the look out for another to keep him company. <3 Sergals are pretty awesome too. I've kind of migrated away from most closed species at this point.

Offline MangoSlushie1223

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:24:01 am »
>.> dont judge me xan

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • I don't bite...hard
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 12:49:09 am »
BTS- Your welcome and thank you^^
I had to look up a couple of those species and yeverns look awesome! I'm not sure I'd want one though.
I went from wanting normal/open species to closed species, kinda like how I never liked human/humanoids to now I prefer them much more XD. I just like closed species more, but I understand not everybody likes them^^ Despite a lot of the drama and hate for them I still love DADs and been looking for DAD design, the good ones just seem to be always out of my price range x.x I could always just make one but I just prefer buying a design instead XD Sergals are cool too, been thinking about making one, I always thought cruxes looked cool. I had one design but then kinda abandoned it ^^'
Got anymore I could see? Love to see your DAD owo

Another artist I like is Lumibug, I only found her recently but I really like her designs, cute and not super complicated aswell as some really adorable species^^  She's the one that design Ruby, I didn't get her from Lumibugs though she was a resell^^ I wanna get more from her, especially her mothballs

Mango- Can I see what you got? owo

People- btw feel free to show off some of your recent or fav adopts you got, I really wanna see them owo
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
    • FurAffinity - bts
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 10:14:06 am »
Nagi - Yeverns are actually pretty fun to draw in my opinion, just a very lovely species all around.
I've been wanting to adopt more anthro designs than anything else, I have a whole bunch of ferals and a couple humans with a tonnn of art. FA is not short of amazing anthros!
I'm still pretty new to the DAD community so I haven't personally seen the drama, so many pretty designs though! I'd love to make/adopt a Sergal but I'm not exactly sure of the species rules yet so I just gotta read up on the lore.
This is my DAD, Brucie. My newest girl who doesn't have a name yet, not sure whether she should be a hippo or a horse or a hybrid of the two. Other newest girl, who like the first one doesn't have a name. I'd be completely open to name suggestions on either of them!

Offline Aoki

• Snow Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • Merry Chrysler
  • Fursona Species: Batroo (bat + kangaroo)
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 10:34:15 am »
I love adopts so much!!! Omg I've been looking for any ginger haired animal adopts but I haven't found any .-.
I've also been planning on making some for the site, they're just so fun to look at, I love adopted designs more then the ones I make myself, idk why
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Online Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »
I love adopts! especially since I suck at designing my own characters

Faye is an adopt. I got her from SyCo Skunk as well as another character named Harmony. SyCo is probably my favourite artist to go to for designs even if she's not super well know, her designs are so pretty and she always puts a lot of work into them. I also have a character named Palette who is a fennecolt which is a super awesome species created by my favourite artist Lupeyroo

I really hate when people say adopted characters are "lazy" and "unmeaningful" to the owner as the design isn't what makes a character a character, it's their backstory and stuff that makes them special. Despite not designing Faye myself she is really personal an important to me
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • I don't bite...hard
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 04:23:00 pm »
BTS- FA definitely has some awesome anthro designs^^ I need to find some rats or cats, as much as I love those animals I can't seem to really design any that I like XD
Loving your DAD! He's so cute and your hippo(thing)girl too, but I always had a thing for dark "skined" characters with bright hair^^ and that last one definitely unique and the ref is pretty adorable.
I don't really participate in the DAD community much tbh, but I really do love the species and lore. A lot of people say they don't look unique but (not to sound mean) those people seem to have forgotten to read their bio and remember that their not suppose to be chibi dragons, more like horse dragons. Theres a lot of other things I could go on about, but this isn't the place to do it^^'

Awkward- This gives me an idea, I wonder if anybody on the forums would be interested in kemonomimi designs. I like to do something for forum members once in awhile, but don't know if anybody be interested in mostly human characters here XD
Other than maybe clothes I like adopts more than my own designs too. My designs lately have been so plain and boring lately. Some of the only designs I like that I made recently are my minibits designs, I don't have a species reference yet for them so I haven't really advertised them so they still don't have a home XD Gotta stop being so lazy.

Mystic- I love Faye so much <3 Its always a pleasure drawing her, she's so cute and I really like her colors^^ I've seen the other  two before and they are cute too, I really like they're designs.
I've heard of fennecolts before, wasn't interested at the time but now thinking about it.....maybe I could use one or two XD

I hate that too, as well as people who think that adopts shouldn't cost a lot if any money. Like its not a huge beautiful picture but I still put a lot of thought and time into my designs, sometimes I spend longer on my designs than artwork. I've put a lot into Ruby already but a good example of adopts not being lazy and are meaningful is Farron. She was my first adopt I got and I love her to bits, she's even my alt sona even though she's more of her own character now then who I am or want to be. She started out like this and now she's like this(gallery because I don't have a single piece that shows her off the best) and has an extensive backstory, although for closed species you can't make characters(like siblings) based off of them but you can still do so much with adopts!

So happy to see I'm not the only one here who loves adopts ;w;
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Aoki

• Snow Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Merry Chrysler
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 04:29:51 pm »
kemonomimi designs sound really awesome, I'm sure a lot of people would love them (I know I would)
But a lot of people on ft are always having trouble finding a fursona and stuff, so having a lot of adoptables here would be a great idea. I'm always up for making adoptables
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
    • FurAffinity - bts
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 04:58:22 pm »
Nagi - As soon as I saw the Hippo girl I just had to have her. I love the artist who designed her, PastelNebulas on FA. She always has the most amazing adoptables. Like this other batch from her.
I've seen so many variations of angel dragons that all look really similar, it really gets confusing at times. @.@

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • I don't bite...hard
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 05:47:16 pm »
Awkward- I think I'm gonna give them a go then, I would love to see some kemonomimis running around here^^

BTS- OMG those are all so cute! Especially that last one, I need money ;w;
Just watched them X3
Not gonna argue there x.x some people like the way DADs look but don't want to be one so make like subspecies(as DADs are a subspecies), but look the same although it doesn't help that everybody seems to think angel dragon=Telephone fursuit anatomy(or vice versa) which is simplified into PW 's style not how Telephone or the DAD species is suppose to look :/ its not a bad thing, my style would make DADs look more chibified too I just like to see a bit more anatomy accurate DADs every now and then XD
I've only seen like a couple angel dragon subspecies that don't look like chibi dragons.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
    • FurAffinity - bts
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 10:18:34 pm »
Just wanted to share the newest babe I got! Even after I told myself to lay off a little on the adopts...
She's nameless right now, still trying to find the right name. But I love her!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:49:44 pm by BTS »

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • I don't bite...hard
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 10:39:17 pm »
Link doesn't work ;n;

Same here, but it just so happens that the designs I want get bought before I can claim them though XD
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
    • FurAffinity - bts
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 10:53:09 pm »
I always have the worst luck with Dropbox, should work now. ;u;
I was so afraid of her getting taken I had to jump for it. The person selling them had to pay some bills off so it's always a win win when you get something awesome and help someone out.
Also I really like the name Juno for her so I'm probably going with that!

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • I don't bite...hard
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 02:50:07 am »
My god she is adorable, I love the colors ;w; Juno sounds like a good name for her.
Yeah thats kinda what I did with my spider girl, I'm pretty sure I stared at her for over an hour and refreshing the page, telling myself thats too much money right now but I didn't want somebody else to get her. Then I just decided nobody else was gonna have her, I had to have her and bought her XD and its always nice helping people out in return .w.

Okay I couldn't resist, I saw this thing yesterday and decided not to get them only to see a reminder today and they were still avialable, after a couple hours(and the selling of my own adopt) I gave in and bought them.
Their so cute, I probably end up making them female too. Ugh my adopts need names XD
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
    • FurAffinity - bts
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 10:36:00 am »
Thanks again!
I think I just have really low self-control when it comes to cute things like adopts. Even though I don't really need anymore it's hard to say no. x) I am considering selling some of my older adopted designs to make a little room.

Oh my gosh, they're soo cute! I love the night skyish effect. Are they a species or just a random adopt?

Offline Aoki

• Snow Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Merry Chrysler
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 10:38:34 am »
Thanks again!
I think I just have really low self-control when it comes to cute things like adopts. Even though I don't really need anymore it's hard to say no. x) I am considering selling some of my older adopted designs to make a little room.

Oh my gosh, they're soo cute! I love the night skyish effect. Are they a species or just a random adopt?
You could post them on the adopt thread if you no longer want your old ones, I'm always up for cute designs!!
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist