Author Topic: Console Help...  (Read 758 times)

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 671
  • Gone for good.
Console Help...
« on: February 15, 2005, 07:55:13 am »
Okay, here's the situation, the most up-to-date games console I own is the original Playstation.  I've decided that it's about time to get a newer system but I'm stuck on choosing which to get. At the moment it's between the ps2 and the Gamecube. Can any of you offer me any help on which to get?

Offline Skitz

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
Console Help...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 09:06:33 am »
I prefer the Xbox myself, Manly because the online service its gives is perfect if you have broadbrand. now the xbox is alot cheaper than the ps2. But the gamecube is even cheaper but its games i think is Very kiddie like.

You should really save up for the new ps3, xbox2 which should be released around or before E3 this year. They will be more even more powerful than todays consoles.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- George Orwell

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
Console Help...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 02:39:47 pm »
I personally would wait till the next generation consoles come out since they are supposed to start coming out after the summer and then it would be cheaper to buy them or just get the nwer updated stuff XP But I prefer the Xbox since it comes with everything you need except the TV and games.

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Console Help...
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 03:07:55 pm »
it comes down to game prefrance and money.  I prefer the ps2 myself, but you cant wait untill the new systems come out, you;ll get better consouls, perhaps.  The trade off is that the new consuls and their games will eb signfagantly more expensive then the curent ones, and have fewwer titles, as well as be unrated amongst the genaral populacce.
I like the variety of the ps.  Thats why i organaly got a ps when i first started playing games, and moved up to the ps2.  I dont sugest the game cube because it is predomanatly for younger audiances.  The xbox is nice, with it's halo series, and good graphics, but i'm not sure on the amount of games avaliable for it, in comparison for the ps2....
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
Console Help...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 05:42:08 pm »
With the newer game ingens coming out for games like quake4 and unreal3
you don't need to worry about getting asystem with power in mind.
The ps2 is harder to code for and the games for it have yet to be truely impressive. As for what the systems can do anyways.
It mainly boils down to just the games out there and the ones that are going to come out. Getting the new playstation wouldn't be a bad thing. Because it'll be backwards compatable with older playstation titles. Both ps1 and ps2 games.
Plus it plays dvds. The newer systems will most likely become less like console systems and more like multi media machines.
I personaly don't have anything fancy. But if I got a new system I'd get the ps2 and a few ddr titles with it.
:staffedit-sig: