Author Topic: Connection problems  (Read 653 times)

Offline Amadameus

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • I do not look like him - but it's close enough.
Connection problems
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:34:42 pm »
Okay, I know this is dumb, but here goes.

It's pretty rare that I get on this forum, mostly because every time I do, my computer will cut out half the time, informing me (after typing up a post, or trying to log in) that the web site could not be found.

I have a dial-up modem, and the T1 line from the library works, but isn't there something I can do to make this site work at home?

Thanks in advance,
Amad

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: Connection problems
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:37:31 am »
This isn't something that happens to everyone, so the problem is somewhere on your end.  If you could post some basic info about your computer (operating system, how old it is, how old the modem is), it'd be most helpful.  Also, if you have AIM or anything, send me an IM off-board and I'll see what I can do for you.

How familiar are you with basic diagnosis of network issues in Windows?  And, are you actually using a Windows system?  :-)

Have you had similar issues with other sites, either recently or in the past?  If so, which sites were they, and how often did the problems occur?

Do your issues with this site happen on a regular/predictable basis?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Amadameus

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • I do not look like him - but it's close enough.
Re: Connection problems
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:29:12 am »
Well, never mind. I was wondering if it was a server problem, mostly because I'd never had a website act up, save this one. But I've been able to get on for several days now without incident, so I'll call it fixed.

(Just for the record - my computer is falling apart as I write. It's taken excessive heat damage twice, water damage, and corrupted several vital system files. I'll need to reinstall the OS inevitably, but I'm lazy and this version is still half-functional, so I intend to run it into the ground.)

So yeah. No worries, false alarm. Sorry for wasting your time.