Author Topic: The Peanuts Movie!  (Read 275 times)

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
The Peanuts Movie!
« on: November 26, 2015, 12:45:55 am »
 :fox-;): Happy Thanksgiving!

So, has anyone seen it yet? What did you guys think?
I already posted some of my thoughts in another topic, but I'll post all of them here!

So, I've been a fan of Peanuts my entire life. I mean, I grew up with all these characters. C'mon, I don't think I've gone a single October without watching "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!".
I was super excited to see the movie when it came out. I knew all the characters, all the jokes. But this movie made it seem like I forgot everything and just laughed at it all over again. Seriously, the infamous "football-gag" never gets old, it's funny every time.
I really loved it; the animation was absolutely flawless, it captured the spirit of Peanuts. The writing was great too, it was just like Charles Schulz wrote it.
What I also loved was the movie's message of determination. Throughout the movie, nothing ever goes right for Charlie Brown. But he never gives up. He tries. In typical shows, a character tries as succeeds. But not Charlie Brown. He has to try over and over again to get it right, like in real life. Through the film he remained a positive character, given so many opportunities to impress someone, instead he chooses to do the right thing and possibly humiliate himself. In one instance, Sally's act goes wrong during a talent show. Charlie Brown gives up doing his magic act and instead makes a fool of himself trying to fix her act (with success, and a thank-you), or when Charlie Brown finally becomes the most popular kid at his school because he gets a perfect score on his exam. He later discovers the paper is not his, it's actually Peppermint Patty's. In front of the entire school (ironically, with the exception of Peppermint Patty, who falls asleep during the assembly), he takes the honest way out and admits that he didn't get a perfect score.
The best part though, was the ending. Charlie Brown finally succeeds for once, and this time, everyone is cheering is him. He wins. And that was great. I give it a 9/10, for being so true to the original, and a great movie on its own. I wanted to go back to that theater and see it again the same day.

What are your thoughts and/or opinions on the movie? What do you guys rate it?
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)