Author Topic: Total War: Shogun 2  (Read 257 times)

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Glory to the Motherland!
  • Fursona Species: Bear
Total War: Shogun 2
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:00:52 pm »
I was very young when Total War started up. To me it is the only reason that Sega can still produce games (lets face it, Sonic is terrible these days). I started with Rome and advanced through Empire to the disappointment of Rome II. However I am very pleased with Shogun 2. I have played the original Shogun and it was a great game. Shogun 2 has the difficulty of the diplomacy and family management of Rome II and Empire. Unlike previous Total War games, you no longer can just get an army and set out to conquer with no consequences. With Shogun you have to manage finances even more than Empire, upgrade your buildings, and have the army to defeat your opponents. The Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai DLC's add onto the great gameplay that the original platform gives you. Rise of the Samurai seems to be a bit easier as there are only three main factions, so gameplay is similar but enemies will stay constant due to different faction allegiances. Fall of the Samurai puts feudal Japan in the time period of it's industrialization in the 1800's. You must advance your faction from a feudal swordsman and archer phase to having railways, Gatling guns, riflemen, and dragoons. Advancing to quickly or too slowly affects the gameplay as well. Advancing too quickly will have a mass outbreak of Samurai rebellions (these did happen, watch The Last Samurai of Netflix for an epic depiction of this). Advancing too slowly will allow for your enemies to cut you down with ease with superior land and sea units. If you want to take a look at it you can find it on Steam and see gameplay on YouTube. I highly recommend it to people who enjoy strategy games or people who like war games in general. It is a great way to waste time when you are bored or waiting for something.

Edit: I would like to add that this has some great music to go along with the gameplay. Take a sample of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NlEOkh7ZFU
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:02:55 pm by SovietBear »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His etc.
Thanks to Mystic for making this icon for me!