Author Topic: The Future of FT  (Read 18084 times)

Offline Adsila (add-sill-uh)

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 40
  • Fursona Species: Main sona: Kirin/Qilin based creature
Re: The Future of FT
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2015, 03:28:18 pm »
Yes yes^^^^
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw
Watch this when your sad ^_^ red pandas are my favorite, so it works for me!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
"I respect animals more than people; we're the ones messing up this world, not them." - Anonymous
This sums up exactly how I feel ^^^

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 154
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2015, 03:29:30 pm »
Good point. Maybe if the people are intimidated by the staff or the events that happened then maybe they could pass on a message to someone that could report it for them. Just an idea, give or take?

perhaps there could be a siggy button or something to point out people who would be happy to pass on messages for people (with proof, of course) to staff. because it's true, some people are simply too anxious to do it. however on the flip side, this solution could be counterproductive, as trolls may go on to harass people who clearly don't have said button, i suppose. idk it's always good to weigh the pros and cons.
or even if it's like a list or something, something a little more low-key.
i'd sign up for that, i'm totally down for talking to staff members for someone who may feel too anxious to do so.

As in something like the site awards? I think that's a great idea! It would be like some sort of "staff approved" sign letting others know that you can be trusted
I love the sound of this idea!
yes! I can agree to this idea!
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2015, 03:30:39 pm »
Oh my, I can't believe this. I really hope this all clears up, I don't want this site to go anywhere. My time on FT has been so pleasant and I've learned a lot. I can't imagine my life without it now.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2015, 03:56:50 pm »
Good point. Maybe if the people are intimidated by the staff or the events that happened then maybe they could pass on a message to someone that could report it for them. Just an idea, give or take?

perhaps there could be a siggy button or something to point out people who would be happy to pass on messages for people (with proof, of course) to staff. because it's true, some people are simply too anxious to do it. however on the flip side, this solution could be counterproductive, as trolls may go on to harass people who clearly don't have said button, i suppose. idk it's always good to weigh the pros and cons.
i'd sign up for that, i'm totally down for talking to staff members for someone who may feel too anxious to do so.

As in something like the site awards? I think that's a great idea! It would be like some sort of "staff approved" sign letting others know that you can be trusted

oo glad my idea sparked some interest. yeah just like that, a site award type of thing with the button in the signature. guess we'll see what others + the current staff have to think of it.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 134
  • Gay Squad
  • Fursona Species: Sergal (Chen), Fox (Calyx)
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »

oo glad my idea sparked some interest. yeah just like that, a site award type of thing with the button in the signature. guess we'll see what others + the current staff have to think of it.
oi oi give me credit i put the idea into your head jks

But yeah, this is a neat idea. It should break the wall of intimidation and help boost the connection between staff and the members.
Strength and Honour!

Still proud of this rainbow!

avatar l/a base by TheWhiteFalcon

Offline Assan

• It is pronounced Ah-San
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 122
  • Beep
    • DeviantArt - Assan Dracomorph
    • FurAffinity - Assan
    • Dungeon Master's Compedium
  • Fursona Species: Golden Dragon
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2015, 04:07:50 pm »
Okay here I come again, if this turns into a wall of text let me apologize early, but I will try to keep it short

Stop blaming individuals, stop blaming the staff alone, and stop blaming the members alone. This is everyone's problem.

I have seen many members, both good people, and not so good people, all say things that hurt others. I will not name names, but many people who have made posts about this before me calling out certain "members" that are not named here. I am sorry but it is not just certain people, it is you to. I am so fed up with this part. I am starting to feel like it has become a blame fest, and no one has noticed it. It isn’t even blame on a certain member/s it is blame on an enigma of "those people"

Everyone, maybe even myself is responsible for the toxicity, even this though feels toxic to me. Before you go on to blame others, remember to council yourselves. I have friends, that I genuinely know to be good people, who once they are off site, and talk about these things, they get mean, no angry about all of this, and want to make them stop in any way possible. That is not the approach we need to fix this. Instead, think about what you are doing. I understand the want to fight back, but we can’t survive if you fight. You need to be understanding, even when you don’t understand at all, you have to try.
I will use a personal example here:
Even when I felt attacked, and hurt by members in this last debate that I caused about race (sorry again everyone, I did not mean to be offensive), I didn’t blame those people. Yes I couldn’t stand to stay in the argument any more, but they were just standing up for what they thought was right. I understand that. I also know that I had friends, who wanted to go in and "fight" for me, because I was attacked. (I hope I managed to stop part of that at least). This is not the proper approach to the problem.

Everyone needs to talk it out, if problems start, you have to be the better "man"(or any variation of course, just using this as it was taught to me) and stop. Two wrongs do not make a right, ect ect. Now I am not saying that being attacked is okay, but go to the staff with it, not fight it out yourselves, or even let your friends do so for you. If you really feel the need to go back against it, MESSAGE THE STAFF
I can’t say this enough, the staff cannot do anything without it. Even if you don’t have proof about someone attacking you off site, send the staff a message, sure they might not be able to help from just that alone. But if we really do have members that are more toxic than others, those messages should add up then. Lean them towards warnings at least. It would make the staff more aware of those members, to watch out for them.

Staff, if even hear rumors of someone toxic like this off site, you may not be able to do anything about it, but keep your eyes on them. It may turn out they are innocent, and are good people, but they could also be toxic at the same time, without realizing it. If you keep your eyes, and figurative ears on them, you may see that evidence you need.

I am sure there are some members that are toxic, and don’t realize they are doing it, while again I will not name those names, they have actually made a vested effort to help the site out, but they themselves helped toxicity somewhere else to.

Everyone is responsible for the toxicity, not "certain members" or “staff” I do not exclude myself either, while I hope I am not one adding to this, I don’t know. If I am, well someone tell me please, I will do everything I can to fix that.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Tiny Bisexual Pride Dragon -> Now Tiny Rainbow Hearts ->
Hope you enjoyed  :fox-:P:

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2015, 04:24:36 pm »
Stop blaming individuals, stop blaming the staff alone, and stop blaming the members alone. This is everyone's problem.

I have seen many members, both good people, and not so good people, all say things that hurt others. I will not name names, but many people who have made posts about this before me calling out certain "members" that are not named here. I am sorry but it is not just certain people, it is you to. I am so fed up with this part. I am starting to feel like it has become a blame fest, and no one has noticed it. It isn’t even blame on a certain member/s it is blame on an enigma of "those people"

Everyone, maybe even myself is responsible for the toxicity, even this though feels toxic to me. Before you go on to blame others, remember to council yourselves. I have friends, that I genuinely know to be good people, who once they are off site, and talk about these things, they get mean, no angry about all of this, and want to make them stop in any way possible. That is not the approach we need to fix this. Instead, think about what you are doing. I understand the want to fight back, but we can’t survive if you fight. You need to be understanding, even when you don’t understand at all, you have to try.
I agree with this. In order to fix the problem, we can't keep blaming everyone else. We've got to be understanding with everybody, and know that most of them are just defending what they think is right. And we are all responsible for this, whether we were involved with any fights or not. It's all of our jobs to try and end the conflict. If you see a fight, tell the staff. Don't let the fight continue. If anyone ever just stands by and watches people fight, things will just get worse. Don't be afraid to tell the staff. They are really nice and they will do their best to stop the conflict. :3
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline LANCIFROST

• Let's go!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 103
  • A' suh dudes!
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »

But yeah, this is a neat idea. It should break the wall of intimidation and help boost the connection between staff and the members.

We've thrown around the idea of non-official staff before, but not in the sense of this. We've also been trying to figure out how to make staff seem less intimidating, because I can promise that non of us are scary in the slightest, but I do remember the feeling of being intimidated by the former staff here, even as a mod. This is definitely something that we'll have to think about and consider doing something with.

In the meantime while there's nothing saying they're official, feel free to contact someone else and ask if they can shoot a staff member a message for you, whether that's anonymously or by name! 
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Glory to the Motherland!
  • Fursona Species: Bear
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2015, 06:04:25 pm »
What if we got a group of people to be a special kind of moderator, for new members their job would be to filter out posts. It works like this: A person just joining FT can post as they normally would, however one of these moderators would have to see the post, read it, make sure that there isn't anything in the content to offend anyone, and then hit a simple allow or don't allow button. Until new members got up to Red Level, their posts will be filtered. This will take a well sized, dedicated, and trusted team of members to handle. Anyone agree with me or think there should be a tweak to my idea?
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His etc.
Thanks to Mystic for making this icon for me!

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 154
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2015, 06:10:05 pm »
What if we got a group of people to be a special kind of moderator, for new members their job would be to filter out posts. It works like this: A person just joining FT can post as they normally would, however one of these moderators would have to see the post, read it, make sure that there isn't anything in the content to offend anyone, and then hit a simple allow or don't allow button. Until new members got up to Red Level, their posts will be filtered. This will take a well sized, dedicated, and trusted team of members to handle. Anyone agree with me or think there should be a tweak to my idea?
I think that's a very good idea but ultimately impossible to implement due to differing opinions on what is morally correct on part of the team.
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 134
  • Gay Squad
  • Fursona Species: Sergal (Chen), Fox (Calyx)
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2015, 06:10:10 pm »
From experience, people tend to wait before coming out with the toxic. The longer they spend in the community the more they can damage it because they know more about what hurts people.
Though it's not a bad idea for preventing trolls early on.
Strength and Honour!

Still proud of this rainbow!

avatar l/a base by TheWhiteFalcon

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2015, 06:14:48 pm »
From experience, people tend to wait before coming out with the toxic. The longer they spend in the community the more they can damage it because they know more about what hurts people.
Though it's not a bad idea for preventing trolls early on.
I didn't know it was people on here for longer that tried to hurt others. I don't understand why anyone would want to do that after being on such a great place for so long. And thank you for thinking my idea is good.

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2015, 06:17:49 pm »
That's a pretty good idea! But like Calyx said, sometimes it's not the new members that are causing the problems.
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2015, 06:19:57 pm »

Too much bias and whatnot IMO can happen with that. I don't think it's practical.
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2015, 06:23:06 pm »

Too much bias and whatnot IMO can happen with that. I don't think it's practical.
The mods will only filter the things that could offend someone, they would be trusted members who wouldn't take off something because of their opinion.

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2015, 06:26:16 pm »

oii oops hahahaha my apologies. i'm so tired today
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2015, 06:26:38 pm »

The mods will only filter the things that could offend someone, they would be trusted members who wouldn't take off something because of their opinion.
For those posts that blur the line, a small vote on whether it gets approved or not could make things easier.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »

For those posts that blur the line, a small vote on whether it gets approved or not could make things easier.
Yeah, maybe if 3 mods have to approve or disapprove it then it will cause less biasing.

Offline Lambda Lumis

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • There's nothing worse than wasted opportunity.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »

We've thrown around the idea of non-official staff before, but not in the sense of this. We've also been trying to figure out how to make staff seem less intimidating, because I can promise that non of us are scary in the slightest, but I do remember the feeling of being intimidated by the former staff here, even as a mod. This is definitely something that we'll have to think about and consider doing something with.

In the meantime while there's nothing saying they're official, feel free to contact someone else and ask if they can shoot a staff member a message for you, whether that's anonymously or by name!

Yes, staff are not scary and are in fact here to help and this is something everyone should be aware of. Maybe you should do like a team building type of thing or arrange multiplayer matches like TF2 or something with staff and members playing so everyone gets to know people and bit more and perhaps feel more comfortable talking to each other.

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2015, 07:32:13 pm »

Yes, staff are not scary and are in fact here to help and this is something everyone should be aware of. Maybe you should do like a team building type of thing or arrange multiplayer matches like TF2 or something with staff and members playing so everyone gets to know people and bit more and perhaps feel more comfortable talking to each other.
If it's TF2, I'm down 24/7. I'll leave school just to play. Praise Gaben!