Author Topic: The Future of FT  (Read 16197 times)

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
Re: The Future of FT
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2015, 12:31:12 pm »
I think it would be best if we all just calmed down before taking any actions.

As what Krowdon said: nothing gets done if only a select few offer ideas. Especially when it's those that aren't even as active on the forums as others

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 133
  • Gay Squad
  • Fursona Species: Sergal (Chen), Fox (Calyx)
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »
-snip-
-snip-... If you know who the toxic ones are, and have proof of it, bring them to light.

Reminder that if you do share what you know to do it privately to staff. No need to cause more problems.
Yeah, forgot to mention that.

Even if you're not sure the evidence is solid enough, its still something.
Even if you don't want to be seen as a grass, rat, snitch, reporting the stuff you know is kept anonymous, I'm sure.
Strength and Honour!

Still proud of this rainbow!

avatar l/a base by TheWhiteFalcon

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 153
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2015, 12:46:15 pm »

As what Krowdon said: nothing gets done if only a select few offer ideas. Especially when it's those that aren't even as active on the forums as others
I think the reason that no ideas are being put through is that pretty much everything has already been tried.
another issue is that I (I can only say me for sure) haven't really seen that much going on.
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2015, 12:46:36 pm »
Even if you're not sure the evidence is solid enough, its still something.
Even if you don't want to be seen as a grass, rat, snitch, reporting the stuff you know is kept anonymous, I'm sure.
This is an important point. The staff have heard a lot of vague statments about various issues but it's hard to know exactly what's happening unless you tell us. If you're having an issue or concerns, no matter how "big" or "small" it may seem, pm us. We can only fix what we know about. You will never get in trouble for pming the staff your concerns and they will always stay anonymous so there's no fear of having others finding out
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:26:07 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline SPOOKCIFUR ☠

• Let's go!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 100
  • A' suh dudes!
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2015, 12:47:17 pm »
Yes. Through the entire process, anonymity will remain as a top concern.

We are figuring out what our next course of action will be now, whether that's metaphorically up or down will be decided pretty soon. But I ask for a bit of patience as we do, as many of us are either in school or working during the day hours of the U.S., so we may be a little slow to actually respond
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Adsila (add-sill-uh)

• Green Level
  • Candies: 40
  • Fursona Species: Main sona: Kirin/Qilin based creature
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2015, 12:53:34 pm »

I think the reason that no ideas are being put through is that pretty much everything has already been tried.
another issue is that I (I can only say me for sure) haven't really seen that much going on.
I agree with this completely. I've seen people put their input and ideas which is good, but the staff hasn't accepted them. I don't know anything else to do. It's up to the staff what they want to do and what they can do. Obviously the staff isn't happy about FT possibly closing down so I believe they are trying. But, if nothing can be done and unless things get worse, I honestly don't see the site going away any time soon. Like you said Xander, you haven't seen anything really happening and that's the same for me, I don't know how bad things really are. I just want to say for people to please stop getting mad at staff, like I said, they're not just giving up or doing nothing. They want FT to stay as much as we do I'm sure.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw
Watch this when your sad ^_^ red pandas are my favorite, so it works for me!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
"I respect animals more than people; we're the ones messing up this world, not them." - Anonymous
This sums up exactly how I feel ^^^

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2015, 01:10:43 pm »
For those concerned that we're not doing much, we are, it's just behind the scenes currently. I know Panda's mentioned this before; we have quite a few staff boards that are very active with discussions about what to do next. And like Lance said we're still people who have work and school so we can't dedicate 100% of our time to FT. We are trying our hardest though
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:12:42 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline End

• Purple Level
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2015, 01:23:06 pm »
For those concerned that we're not doing much, we are, it's just behind the scenes currently. I know Panda's mentioned this before; we have quite a few staff boards that are very active with discussions about what to do next. And like Lance said we're still people who have work and school so we can't dedicate 100% of our time to FT. We are trying our hardest though
I think the members would be less concerned if all of the staff commented in this instead of just a select few. I see a lot viewing this but few commenting in it

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2015, 01:24:02 pm »
I think the members would be less concerned if all of the staff commented in this instead of just a select few. I see a lot viewing this but few commenting in it

Staff aren't always in a place they can reply, and sometimes someone beats you to the punch. Staff HAS been commenting.
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2015, 01:35:53 pm »
I feel like I might just parrot what has been said, but we're really working hard to keep FT from closing. Even now, as we're pretty much have ran out of options we still try and think of what else to do. And it's really not like we discard every suggestion on the spot. We talk and give our thoughts on how they could work out and what the consequences might be
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

• Green Level
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2015, 01:39:08 pm »

Staff aren't always in a place they can reply, and sometimes someone beats you to the punch. Staff HAS been commenting.
Exactly, they can't always worry about one specific thing. They're trying to keep the site going as usual while trying to figure out what to do. They're under a lot of stress and pressure from this and they're trying to do all they can.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
"I respect animals more than people; we're the ones messing up this world, not them." - Anonymous

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 732
  • Candy Corn = Life
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2015, 02:33:09 pm »
I think we should help find evidence
Ask your friends if they have ever been bullied or blackmailed
Because I know some people are scared to report thinking the person will go after them
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Gay Squad
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2015, 02:45:23 pm »
Good point. Maybe if the people are intimidated by the staff or the events that happened then maybe they could pass on a message to someone that could report it for them. Just an idea, give or take?
Strength and Honour!

• Green Level
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2015, 02:46:51 pm »
That sounds good to me. If people are more comfortable with their friends they might get their friends to come forward. You could even do it for your friend if they're too scared.

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 153
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2015, 03:13:10 pm »
I feel really bad, because I can't help at all with this.
I don't have any ideas that haven't already been done or shot down.
and since I have never been the victim of any abuse I just feel a little useless.
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2015, 03:16:11 pm »
Good point. Maybe if the people are intimidated by the staff or the events that happened then maybe they could pass on a message to someone that could report it for them. Just an idea, give or take?

perhaps there could be a siggy button or something to point out people who would be happy to pass on messages for people (with proof, of course) to staff. because it's true, some people are simply too anxious to do it. however on the flip side, this solution could be counterproductive, as trolls may go on to harass people who clearly don't have said button, i suppose. idk it's always good to weigh the pros and cons.
or even if it's like a list or something, something a little more low-key.
i'd sign up for that, i'm totally down for talking to staff members for someone who may feel too anxious to do so.

i'd hate to see this website close. i love the community. while it may have gotten a bit toxic recently, it's not nearly as bad- even in it's current state- when you compare it to other furry websites, let's be honest.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2015, 03:18:44 pm »
I already talk to staff a lot, if anyone's not comfortable going to staff themselves I mean I do it all the time so I don't mind. I'll show exactly what you said and link the exact proof.

BUT Staff is nice and they don't bite. They'll listen, there's no need to be afraid. They're just people. This isn't 1984, people. Staff's not Big Brother.
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Gay Squad
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2015, 03:23:31 pm »

perhaps there could be a siggy button or something to point out people who would be happy to pass on messages for people (with proof, of course) to staff. because it's true, some people are simply too anxious to do it. however on the flip side, this solution could be counterproductive, as trolls may go on to harass people who clearly don't have said button, i suppose. idk it's always good to weigh the pros and cons.
i'd sign up for that, i'm totally down for talking to staff members for someone who may feel too anxious to do so.

i'd hate to see this website close. i love the community. while it may have gotten a bit toxic recently, it's not nearly as bad- even in it's current state- when you compare it to other furry websites, let's be honest.
Yeah, something like that, though to keep the trolls at bay with this there should be a definite zero tolerance approach to abusing it.
I would probably go for it if it became a thing, as I would be obliged to help members in this time of need.
Strength and Honour!

Offline End

• Purple Level
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2015, 03:25:00 pm »

As in something like the site awards? I think that's a great idea! It would be like some sort of "staff approved" sign letting others know that you can be trusted

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2015, 03:27:39 pm »

As in something like the site awards? I think that's a great idea! It would be like some sort of "staff approved" sign letting others know that you can be trusted
I love the sound of this idea!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~