Author Topic: The Future of FT  (Read 17871 times)

Offline Lambda Lumis

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • There's nothing worse than wasted opportunity.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Re: The Future of FT
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2015, 07:35:08 pm »
Good point. Maybe if the people are intimidated by the staff or the events that happened then maybe they could pass on a message to someone that could report it for them. Just an idea, give or take?

perhaps there could be a siggy button or something to point out people who would be happy to pass on messages for people (with proof, of course) to staff. because it's true, some people are simply too anxious to do it. however on the flip side, this solution could be counterproductive, as trolls may go on to harass people who clearly don't have said button, i suppose. idk it's always good to weigh the pros and cons.
or even if it's like a list or something, something a little more low-key.
i'd sign up for that, i'm totally down for talking to staff members for someone who may feel too anxious to do so.

As in something like the site awards? I think that's a great idea! It would be like some sort of "staff approved" sign letting others know that you can be trusted
I love the sound of this idea!
yes! I can agree to this idea!

oo glad my idea sparked some interest. yeah just like that, a site award type of thing with the button in the signature. guess we'll see what others + the current staff have to think of it.
oi oi give me credit i put the idea into your head jks

But yeah, this is a neat idea. It should break the wall of intimidation and help boost the connection between staff and the members.

We've thrown around the idea of non-official staff before, but not in the sense of this. We've also been trying to figure out how to make staff seem less intimidating, because I can promise that non of us are scary in the slightest, but I do remember the feeling of being intimidated by the former staff here, even as a mod. This is definitely something that we'll have to think about and consider doing something with.

In the meantime while there's nothing saying they're official, feel free to contact someone else and ask if they can shoot a staff member a message for you, whether that's anonymously or by name!

Yes, staff are not scary and are in fact here to help and this is something everyone should be aware of. Maybe you should do like a team building type of thing or arrange multiplayer matches like TF2 or something with staff and members playing so everyone gets to know people and bit more and perhaps feel more comfortable talking to each other.
If it's TF2, I'm down 24/7. I'll leave school just to play. Praise Gaben!

ALL HAIL GABEN. Personally im a Halflife fan but a lot of us are gamers and it would be really fun to arrange things like this, we could play a wide range of steam games so everyone can join in.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Bede

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 80
  • Icon art by Rory
    • DeviantArt - bedebomb
  • Fursona Species: Fox thingy
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2015, 07:36:08 pm »
Good point. Maybe if the people are intimidated by the staff or the events that happened then maybe they could pass on a message to someone that could report it for them. Just an idea, give or take?

perhaps there could be a siggy button or something to point out people who would be happy to pass on messages for people (with proof, of course) to staff. because it's true, some people are simply too anxious to do it. however on the flip side, this solution could be counterproductive, as trolls may go on to harass people who clearly don't have said button, i suppose. idk it's always good to weigh the pros and cons.
i'd sign up for that, i'm totally down for talking to staff members for someone who may feel too anxious to do so.

As in something like the site awards? I think that's a great idea! It would be like some sort of "staff approved" sign letting others know that you can be trusted

oo glad my idea sparked some interest. yeah just like that, a site award type of thing with the button in the signature. guess we'll see what others + the current staff have to think of it.

But yeah, this is a neat idea. It should break the wall of intimidation and help boost the connection between staff and the members.

We've thrown around the idea of non-official staff before, but not in the sense of this. We've also been trying to figure out how to make staff seem less intimidating, because I can promise that non of us are scary in the slightest, but I do remember the feeling of being intimidated by the former staff here, even as a mod. This is definitely something that we'll have to think about and consider doing something with.

In the meantime while there's nothing saying they're official, feel free to contact someone else and ask if they can shoot a staff member a message for you, whether that's anonymously or by name!

Yes, staff are not scary and are in fact here to help and this is something everyone should be aware of. Maybe you should do like a team building type of thing or arrange multiplayer matches like TF2 or something with staff and members playing so everyone gets to know people and bit more and perhaps feel more comfortable talking to each other.

ALL HAIL GABEN. Personally im a Halflife fan but a lot of us are gamers and it would be really fun to arrange things like this, we could play a wide range of steam games so everyone can join in.
Yeah it'll be fun! And maybe everyone can play dota
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Glory to the Motherland!
  • Fursona Species: Bear
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2015, 07:37:50 pm »

Eh, I don't like MOBA's even if Valve makes one. I just don't like that kind of stuff.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His etc.
Thanks to Mystic for making this icon for me!

Offline Bede

• Yellow Level
  • Icon art by Rory
    • DeviantArt - bedebomb
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2015, 07:40:20 pm »

Eh, I don't like MOBA's even if Valve makes one. I just don't like that kind of stuff.
I wasn't asking for your permission

Offline SovietBear

• Glory to Russia!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Glory to the Motherland!
  • Fursona Species: Bear
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2015, 07:45:04 pm »

It was just my opinion, sorry.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His etc.
Thanks to Mystic for making this icon for me!

Offline Bede

• Yellow Level
  • Icon art by Rory
    • DeviantArt - bedebomb
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2015, 07:47:20 pm »

It's ok. I forgive you for not liking dota.

Offline Fozz Poloski

• FT's official Polomage
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Icon Coloured By Mystic
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/Fozzy_Guy_YT
    • In Development...
  • Fursona Species: Huskint-Mint Themed Husky | Polo Husky
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2015, 07:51:28 pm »

Wow... I go offline for an hour and this insane quote tree happens... I see you guys can't be trusted :fox-;): jk
  • Flag - mincepie
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/Polo/It/They/Them
***May the polos be ever in your flavour***
If u ever want to talk I'm nearly always on Skype --> fozz.the.husky :lol-fox:
When you're trying to count and this happens...

Gaming Channel , Vlogging Channel , Furry Channel , Twitch Channel

Offline Lambda Lumis

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • There's nothing worse than wasted opportunity.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2015, 07:55:34 pm »

Wow... I go offline for an hour and this insane quote tree happens... I see you guys can't be trusted :fox-;): jk

It is one hell of a quote tree! Its also an example of the community being nice!  :lol-fox:  :D However we probably don't want to derail this topic any further  :fox-:P:

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 830
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2015, 07:55:40 pm »
What if we got a group of people to be a special kind of moderator, for new members their job would be to filter out posts. It works like this: A person just joining FT can post as they normally would, however one of these moderators would have to see the post, read it, make sure that there isn't anything in the content to offend anyone, and then hit a simple allow or don't allow button. Until new members got up to Red Level, their posts will be filtered. This will take a well sized, dedicated, and trusted team of members to handle. Anyone agree with me or think there should be a tweak to my idea?
This is kind of the job of moderators already: we read through posts to make sure they aren't breaking any rules (there's a lot more work that goes on behind the scenes so this isn't all we do but it's still a part). New members aren't typically the issue since the admins can usually pick out the obvious trolls in their screening process. It's a good idea, I just don'think know of it needs to be a special job

Also for everyone who is nervous about messaging the staff: I know those blue and purple pips can be intimidating but we are still users/people just like you! As I said before you'll never get in trouble for contacting us and we'll keep your information confidential too, you can even ask for your name to be confidential to the other staff if that makes you more comfortable. If you want to ask a friend to send in a message instead that's ok too

As for community events, we'd love to host more but they do take time and planning and they're unfortunately just not a priority right now with everything else going on, sorry
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:45:34 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline IndigoAvemour

• Burrito Bird
  • Cookies: 1
  • All hail the glorious bean and cheese burrito
    • FurAffinity - indigothefennec
  • Fursona Species: Phoenix
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2015, 08:16:38 pm »
What if we got a group of people to be a special kind of moderator, for new members their job would be to filter out posts. It works like this: A person just joining FT can post as they normally would, however one of these moderators would have to see the post, read it, make sure that there isn't anything in the content to offend anyone, and then hit a simple allow or don't allow button. Until new members got up to Red Level, their posts will be filtered. This will take a well sized, dedicated, and trusted team of members to handle. Anyone agree with me or think there should be a tweak to my idea?

Okay, no. I strongly disagree with that idea on the grounds that, as I spoke on in a previous post here, this site needs to be a free and open forum for discussion- not a place where a young fur is scared to post their opinion because it doesn't line up with the general consensus on the site.

Finally, I'd like to mention the topic of this site and forums being a "safe space." I absolutely agree that things such as harassment and trolling need to be minimized to create a good environment for the users here both young and old, but as I see "safe space" often used to mean "a place where only certain ideas that in no way could offend others (ha) are tolerated," and that's not what I'd like to see this place be. I'm a progressive and I hate bigotry, racism, homophobia, transphobia and the like as well as most people might here, but if there's the active suppression of dissenting ideologies for the reason of maintaining a "safe environment" for the users here, I find that very backwards and regressive (not saying it does or doesn't happen here). Yes, discussion should be regulated for true harassment and hatred, but inhibiting opinions and stifling discussion, whether it be through mod action or reaction of the masses, shouldn't be the mark of a free and open forum.

People have differing opinions. You can't simply say anything of any political or social topic, and many others, without potentially offending someone. My opinion on the otherkin phenomenon would probably offend a number of people, but it is what it is and I have good reasons for my opinion. I should not have my posts removed or be banned because I offended somebody.
  • Pronouns: I'm a guy, but I literally don't care either way. He/she/they, doesn't matter.

Offline Zaramaja

• That one uncreative gay guy sitting over there.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • I don't even know what. ._.
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2015, 11:18:11 pm »
(Might be late to the whole "This site means something to me..." thing, but I'm gonna do it anyways)
Before I start, I'd just like to apologize to anyone I may have offended or made mad in some way. I'm very bad with social environment, and I might say stuff without the intention of hurt or pain.

I may have only been on this site for a month, but it already means so much to me. This is the first place in the furry community that is not sexual in any way(and, to be honest, I know places for that if I REALLY need to...), which is a marvel for me. I've been trying to find a community to fit into, and every time I get into one, it shuts down pretty much within months of me joining. I've barely had time to meet anyone or make any friends, and I'd probably hate myself forever if I didn't. It really makes me sad that it could have to come to this because of a few rotten apples.

First off, if you get a hateful PM or message by means of someone through this website, you should screenshot it immediately and send it to staff. I haven't talked to many of you all on the staff, but I'm sure you're trying at least a little, and that does go a long way.

Next, if you are the one sending the message, why? What the hell(sorry) does that accomplish you? Self-worth? If you need to hurt others for that, you should probably reconsider some things in your life. Talk to someone calmly and think about their lives are going before, and even after that, being rude only takes more energy. I swear, if I was an intentionally rude person, I would get really tired of coming up with things to be mean about it. Being nice isn't even that hard.

Lastly, as for an idea for people who are openly rude, I'd suggest an offense system. For minor offenses, apology and warning the first, temporary ban and apology the second, and permanent ban the third. for major offenses, immediate permanent ban. It wouldn't have to follow that exactly, but it would be a start.

One final thing, if you're being bullied, speak up. That's why we're here, right? To be able to say what's on our minds and not have to worry about being flamed for it. So please make sure you tell someone if you're being harassed.
Icon: Made by Shia Manokit!

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 61
  • Pic by Businessfox on FA
    • FurAffinity - Alexzandr
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2015, 12:57:32 am »
Well. . . . . It really hit the fan this time guys.

Alrighty, I wish I had kinder words to express myself right now, but shit.
So, fourm members are shitting on other members and the staff. I honestly like the idea of having a "fence" between the staff and members. But, who the fuck would step up and confess? Yeah some might, but I can bet that most wont, even with the "fence". In my opinion, and it probably wont be accepted, is that pms have got to be rifled through, and the ban hammer has to be dropped. It probably sounds so fucked up, but its the only solution I see fit. Now this is only my opinion, and I am just some background character on FT. I cant say I care for 90% of you, I never talk to any of you, let alone relate, other than some minor shit. Alot of you seem like the most awesome people ever, but thats only through public posts, even then some members had the guts to post whatever the fuck they wanted. Plus its the internet and teens here, if someone tells off a mod, wtf is the mod going to do? Ground the twat? No, thats the thing, the staff may be too hesitant to ban people, but what the fuck do I know? I'm not part of the staff. We as teens, are touchy, I can confirm. I treated my dad with soo much shit, he fucking took all my shit away, he got in my face and made me respect him. In the end, I look back and feel trashy for giving him that attitude, but it happens with teens. We dont realise the consequences that probably will come, and only growing up makes us realise that. So banning is the only real trump cards the staff has, do they want to use it? Did my dad like yelling at me and taking my shit? No. I may say this only because I have the mentality that I treat others with respect until they wrong me, then I treat them the same until they apologise. But that shit doent fly here, its a hugbox, it has good intentions, but when it hits the fan, oh boy, it hits hard. Alot of you (as stated are great people) but that may be a mask you wear in public. So the only thing I can really suggest, is what Mahatama Gahndi said "be the change you want to see in the world"

So, I just poured all my opinions on this out into the open, for everyone to read. It sounds like my ideas and methods are just down right stupid and brutal. But its what I think should be done, just an opinion. I hope that provided something useful, but I probably didnt, I tried though. Also, for who ever read this far through my bullshit, thanks, I guess. I'd also like to apologise for my language, but this made me pretty mad.
- Ricky McGee
Just like a burn will linger, she crept between my fingers, and to my body she has now become a new disease. A fog to cloud vision, more like an apparition. She made a mess and now abandoned me.
Twitter Youtube Crush thing? Deviantart

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2015, 01:09:23 am »
i gotta say i kinda agree with ricky. nothing's gonna get done if the banhammer doesn't get used imo. is it brutal? well, if you went on a witch-hunt, then yes. but it doesn't have to be a witch-hunt, it can just be a "from this point in time we'll be more strict with who we allow to stay on this site". if people are harassing others, being overall shitty, etc, then they deserve to be banned. just giving them a pap on the shoulder and saying "please improve your actions" can go two different ways- one, they can actually take the advice and educate themselves, or two, they say "sweet, now i know i can get away with it" and continue doing it.
the parent thing is a good analogy too. if i was ever disrespectful to my dad (and i mean legitimately shitty and disrespectful for no good reason), i got punished. i learned from it and didn't do it again.
sometimes being a little more harsh is just something you gotta do.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 134
  • Gay Squad
  • Fursona Species: Sergal (Chen), Fox (Calyx)
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2015, 03:14:48 am »
This is what I've been saying the whole time. Banning works.
Strength and Honour!

Still proud of this rainbow!

avatar l/a base by TheWhiteFalcon

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2015, 11:38:26 am »
I've gotta agree with Ricky and Sharkmeme. I understand that some people will change if they're given a warning, but some people just don't listen. If they wanna be on the forum, they've gotta obey the rules. They know better than to disobey.
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver

Offline Spooky Azkre

• Work in Progress
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 254
  • Legend
    • DeviantArt - Afrodens
    • Main Site
  • Fursona Species: 'Kitsune'
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2015, 06:54:22 pm »
Okay, I am coming back here to hopefully provide some direction-- it is clear that all of us love this place and what it should be, but maybe what is going on here is that no one really feels like they know how to fix the problems we have now...
These are some excerpts from a discussion I had with another member and I feel it might help with this, or at the very least keep the conversation going.
We need solutions.

Me: I provided a solution [my posts in my anger management thread].... we simply change the site back to how we want it to be...
This involves treating it like what it is supposed to be
Everyone does that, that is a good first step and the rest after that should be easy

Other member:<<< That would be a good start but I guess it's easier said than done, I think everyone has contributed to the current issues. I am also very unhappy with staff[...]
But then everyone would have to change and it seems like no one knows how I guess its easier said than done. Also a lot of members have strained relations with staff which cant really be fixed unless staff are more active/accessible and stay out of off site business

Just throwing this out here, I do think that the only way to fix this is together and a good first step is treating this site like what it is supposed to be again-- the founding ideas behind this site need to be a part of the site and I feel that people have either forgotten it or disregarded why the site was created in the first place.
(please, everyone keep suggesting ideas, we need this discussion if anything is going to get done)
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: They/She/He

Main site --> http://azkre.tumblr.com/

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »
Im goimg to note that staying out of off-site stuff is literally exactly what allowed this to fester into what it is now.

I'm not sure what else everyone wants us to do at this point.

ETA: we added that policy because people were getting bullied, but now that thats being addressed, people are still unhappy. I know we cant please everyone, but I'm starting to get really discouraged, I'm sure we all are.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:21:10 pm by Panda »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Saint Judas

• Herr Dummkopf
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 175
  • Just a Whisper...
  • Fursona Species: Rat-Raven
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2015, 09:24:05 pm »
Im goimg to note that staying out of off-site stuff is literally exactly what allowed this to fester into what it is now.

I'm not sure what else everyone wants us to do at this point.

ETA: we added that policy because people were getting bullied, but now that thats being addressed, people are still unhappy. I know we cant please everyone, but I'm starting to get really discouraged, I'm sure we all are.
I'm not sure how much input I can really offer, given that while I may be an 'elder' member, as many have figured out by now, I am sadly not known well beyond the roleplay side of the boards and some threads in spam. So I can say that all of this was honestly a surprise, and somewhat disheartening in multiple ways. One, in the fact that I simply did not realize any of this was happening whatsoever, and two, that it would happen here of all places.

Now with that, don't think I meant this place would be clean and happy forever. The internet is a cruel place. No, rather, what I meant was that it escalated this far. And then, in trying to solve it, all that's happened is it's gotten worse. There is no panacea to this. That in itself is likely clear to all of us by now. Taking out the banhammer, going through screening, building a fence or tearing down the wall. None of this will magically cure it. Neither would a sweep of the site, for new problems will pop up as soon as the prior are gone. But doing nothing will also change nothing. We can't be afraid of change, but we have to realize what it will do. This site is intended to be a safe haven and a hotspot for others like us, for furry teens and furry people and people in general to enjoy each others company. Arguments will happen. That doesn't mean threats are okay. People will be offended. That doesn't mean shoving your opinion in everyone's face is fine.

But I'm not really saying anything new, am I? I guess the point is . . .

We love the site. And if we don't want it to die, we have to work together. Staff can't be expected to shoulder the whole thing, nor avoid it, so why is different for us? As someone who has modded my share of other forums, I can say that while staff have certain privileges and powers that should be respected but not feared, so do we. As a whole. It is true the staff could use being less fearful of enacting punishment. But is it not our responsibility as well?

Still though, I've said nothing others haven't yet.

I guess I'm trying to say that this is a site project. Not just the older members, the better known members, the staff. Influential members should make a move, but it's unfair to say that while others hang back. Hypocritical coming from the one who might as well hide under a rock. But even I can understand that staff and elder members? Are just furry teen members. Just like us. They have powers, but their rights read the same. And thus we should not believe them to be able to fix this unless we work too. Even considering staff as a separate unit in itself has been what's led to the fear of them. They are a part of the forum, so why are we treating them like the deities of it? Putting that assumption gives fear and awe to people who, just like us, are as mortal and flawed as things get.

But I just say what others have already pointed out. Pardon my rambling, for really all I say is the same thing over and over again, simply illustrated in different styles.

Offline Kettz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 145
  • ech
    • DeviantArt - ViolentJade
    • FurAffinity - Kettz
  • Fursona Species: Border Collie
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2015, 09:52:03 pm »
K I know ive been dead for ages (mainly from my gad problems). Im sure we all had our fair share of the internet here. Communities everywhere are pretty much toxic. Im not sure as well what went on this site but ive been around here for a year so I have some sort of basis of looking over the community in this site. Infrocing rules in toxic community is hard. I really feel bad for the staff here. Dealing with a lot of young teens with different personalities etc. sounds nerve racking

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2015, 06:40:35 am »
K I know ive been dead for ages (mainly from my gad problems). Im sure we all had our fair share of the internet here. Communities everywhere are pretty much toxic. Im not sure as well what went on this site but ive been around here for a year so I have some sort of basis of looking over the community in this site. Infrocing rules in toxic community is hard. I really feel bad for the staff here. Dealing with a lot of young teens with different personalities etc. sounds nerve racking

Online communities are not inherently toxic.  And this site wasn't, for over a decade.  It's a new development here.

I spent a third of my life building this site, carefully nurturing a community that, in turn, supported and nurtured each other.  Some of the fandom's best artists, performers, and community leaders started here.  And we were the place where teens in the fandom could come to grow up together and find themselves, and not be judged simply for being young and trying to figure out their identities.

But now, what used to be a place of cooperative community and mutual support has turned into a place of fighting, bullying, coercion, extortion, judgement, and bigotry.  If I were still within the age range of the site, I would not feel even remotely safe being here.  Hell, even as an adult who can handle this stuff better than most other adults, I don't feel safe posting anything personal here anymore.  The site has gone from being a little understaffed, to ludicrously understaffed, and we can't find people to do the job because everyone who expresses sound judgement, cooperation, and support is driven away and made to feel unsafe, directly or indirectly.

I've been gradually stepping back since I relinquished my purple pawprints a couple years ago, but looking at the site now, I see rampant harassment and humiliation of members, staff who can't do their jobs because for every fire they put out, two more pop up, and now staff are being targeted for extortion, coercion, and severe harassment.  Numerous people who were VERY good at their jobs have quit, and I don't blame them, I would too under these conditions.

I don't want this site to close.  I want it to continue to thrive as a supportive, cooperative community that incubates greatness.  But every single time I pay the bill, or a staff member asks for my guidance for whatever this week's horrific, traumatic issue is, it breaks my heart and destroys any confidence I once had in this place.  For 12 years, I've had the ability to exercise unilateral control over this site, an ability I've never considered using.  Until now.  The staff believe that there's still potential for this site to be what it was intended to be, and have convinced me to not pull the plug yet.

Bottom line is that I will not allow this site to spiral and decay forever.  I'd rather it end gracefully than continue to get worse.  There's been a lot of debate here, which has been fascinating to read.  So, to everyone who still cares about this community, and still feels that this site brings value to their lives:  Prove it.  Prove me wrong.  Show us that the spirit of cooperative, supportive camaraderie that built this place is still alive and well.  And if you see potential for improvement, give us solutions or at least constructive feedback, instead of just listing problems.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3