Author Topic: The Future of FT  (Read 18047 times)

Offline Jorge

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Fursona Species: Husky/Wolf
Re: The Future of FT
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2015, 12:36:27 am »
Please, Please dont take the sight down. I know I only joined recently, but ever since joining, I have met some amazing people, had so much fun, gotten in to drawing. I didnt even like drawing before I came to furry teens, now I love it! I know it sounds a bit cliche, but I really love this place and all the good people in it. And I think I speak for everyone when I say that the good furs of furry teens will do anything it takes to keep this sight going.
forum profile picture by: AlaskaFolf

Offline Fengi

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Donkey
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2015, 04:24:58 am »
Well, i'm kinda new here but i just want to say something.
I don't easily talk to people and coming here and registering myself was quite hard.
I feel  welcome here, but sometimes this communnity feels "closed".
It feels like there are groups of members and you can't fit in.

this is probably not contributing to this discussion in any way xD
But i just want to get this of my chest.

This is actually very helpful, don't worry :fox-:):
Without giving names or anything, in which situations has the community felt closed?

Omg sorry im so late

I do not post that much, but i read a lot. Sometimes it just sticks out that people reply to each other and ignore others.

I really love this site though, would be a bummer if they take it down.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:28:26 am by Fengi »
  • Pronouns: Use whatever you think fits me :)
When i was 8 i didn't find the wardobe to narnia and when i was 11 my hogwarts letter didn't come. Gandalf better be at my door to take me on an adventure when i'm 50.

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2015, 09:38:25 am »
I believe transparency will help with to show members what's acceptable around the site, and that being banned isn't just a threat. Members should be able to know who was banned and the reasoning behind it, and there should be a thread documenting post edits and deleted posts that has occurred over the time period since the last update. Members should be able to fully trust the staff in their jobs, for them to be unbiased and fair in what they do. Being more transparent can help strengthen this trust, whilst at the same time ensuring that the staff are not banning for unfair reasons (not that I'm saying this happens, but it could do in the future). The way everything is kept hush-hush is shifty, and makes me and perhaps other members feel uncomfortable at the very least.
Please take this idea into consideration, as I do truly believe it can help the bond between members and staff and allow for greater communication between the two.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2015, 09:55:47 am »
I don't easily talk to people and coming here and registering myself was quite hard.

Without giving names or anything, in which situations has the community felt closed?

Omg sorry im so late

I do not post that much, but i read a lot. Sometimes it just sticks out that people reply to each other and ignore others.

Alright then c:
Another thing we all will start doing is try and not leave people outside of the topic that is being talked about :fox-:):

I believe transparency will help with to show members what's acceptable around the site, and that being banned isn't just a threat. Members should be able to know who was banned and the reasoning behind it, and there should be a thread documenting post edits and deleted posts that has occurred over the time period since the last update. Members should be able to fully trust the staff in their jobs, for them to be unbiased and fair in what they do. Being more transparent can help strengthen this trust, whilst at the same time ensuring that the staff are not banning for unfair reasons (not that I'm saying this happens, but it could do in the future). The way everything is kept hush-hush is shifty, and makes me and perhaps other members feel uncomfortable at the very least.
Please take this idea into consideration, as I do truly believe it can help the bond between members and staff and allow for greater communication between the two.

I see that this could help making staff look more transparent, however bans are a very delicate thing to talk about that we prefer to leave between staff and the member in question because letting it be public can very easily lead to a misunderstanding if something is not worded correctly. In a way, it could be seen like public shaming, which is something that we absolutely want to stay away from.

Also, the banned member might want to keep this in private too, in case it became too personal, so it would be up to them if they want to talk about it with their peers instead of having it be known by us.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:06:49 am by Proto »
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2015, 10:48:32 am »
Staff and user transparency is something we all need to work on but like Proto said bans are a very delicate subject that we prefer not to make public. Everyone makes mistakes and while sometimes we have to take displinary action against those who do, posting about it publicly doesn't really seem the right way to go about it. I've seen Facebook groups with similar policies and what usually happens is people start joking about/making fun of the banned person instead of learning from their mistakes which isn't something we want to happen here

As for posts edits/deletions you always have the right to pm the staff member in question and ask why your post was edited/deleted. I know most of the staff like to leave little notes on posts they edit. Usually something like [staff edit: insert reason here] so everyone knows why a post was edited. I know I get a bit lazy when it comes to merging double posts because they happen a lot but I'll try to remember to leave a note from now on so people don't get confused
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Arkae

• Shoot me for my opinion.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Furry Teens is the Second Tumblr.
« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2015, 07:11:40 pm »
Everything Arkae Ever Disliked About Furry Teens In One Responce:*

*Everything below is the opinion of one very annoyed member of FT whom was so sick of the site upon joining, he never decided to actually communicate with anyone. Do not take anything below personally, because if you do, then there's probably a good reason you're taking it personally.

Cliques
As expected with any site full of teenagers, there are way too many cliques formed, and groups that constantly exclude people they deem unworthy of joining everywhere. This is a huge problem, and people really should stop forming into huge groups against each other based upon prior opinions or word of mouth. What really angers me about this is that people also take words from other people in these cliques and say they are fact, and proceed to use opinions formed on a person as if they are a hivemind. This means that if one person doesn't like you? Nobody does. You're alone, excluded, an outcast.

Toxicity
As previously mentioned: If one person doesn't like you, all their friends instantly take their opinion of you. This is toxic and rude. Also, posts exactly like this responce anger others and make them respond with hostility as if they were specifically targeted by it. Another form of toxicity is personal bias based upon someone elses views and using this against someone as a reason to harm them. Also any form of argument is toxic. Since there's way too much here, why don't you just ask anyone ever.

Corruption in the Staff Team
See, there's a problem with this too. Moderators, Admins, etc. We have moderators that are too young for this, too inexperienced, and too biased. This causes them to choose sides based on their own personal preferences, which can lead to the wrong person being punished, or a mistrial. Also, we have staff which can block opinions which are purely opinions, not meant to insult anyone, simply because they "thing" it's offensive. Sensitive material is something that should be allowed, and shared, but fights should not be allowed, people shouldn't be allowed to trash people, but you shouldn't choke out their voice either. Also, particular members of the staff are sometimes simply chosen because they're popular. Staff members shouldn't be chosen because of a popularity vote, in fact it should be based on a completely sensitive, dedicated scale which measures multiple areas of their judgement skills and mentality. It shouldn't matter if they're new or have been here a while, as long as they're mod-material. And all this only leads to more TOXIC everywhere.

Personal Information Leak
While people should be allowed to share things, like their Skype, or Email, they should not simply be allowed to have them on their profiles. Rather, have them posted anywhere at all. This leads to all the icky bull on Skype I've been hearing about for the past 3 months. People should actually be made to talk to each other, like on the forums, or in a chatbox, and be allowed to share their personal information later. However, oversharing or simply sharing instantly with people should probably be punished to keep it down to minimal. Public speaking should be promoted, while privately gossiping about how that person just said something you don't like should not.

Cleanse it with Fire, Acid, Nukes, or Whatever
This website was doomed from the start. I came here a few years back and pretty much avoided it since due to all the toxicity I felt when I was around. People avoided me because I wasn't "like them", people were rude to me when I developed a reputation at all because of what their friends said. So, I hope this website is simply wiped. Sure, replace it if you want, but odds are 10/10 that it'll be just as toxic. You can't just shove a bunch of teens onto a website and expect it to not be an exact replica of your average school, minus the adults keeping the kids in order.
  • Pronouns: Any.

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Merry and Bright
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2015, 07:44:54 pm »
Also, particular members of the staff are sometimes simply chosen because they're popular. Staff members shouldn't be chosen because of a popularity vote, in fact it should be based on a completely sensitive, dedicated scale which measures multiple areas of their judgement skills and mentality. It shouldn't matter if they're new or have been here a while, as long as they're mod-material. And all this only leads to more TOXIC everywhere.
I'm sorry you feel this way but our staff aren't chosen based on popularity. No where in the disscussions we have about about a moderator application does popularity come into count. We do pick our staff based on sound judgment, the ability to remain unbiased, the ability to keep staff information confidential, amongst other things that are explained further in this topic. However things like how well liked are they, post count, number of friends or popularity never come into play. Our moderator application criteria is intentially vague allowing anyone who is interested to apply regardless of their time here, age etc and have equal consideration

Personal Information Leak
While people should be allowed to share things, like their Skype, or Email, they should not simply be allowed to have them on their profiles. Rather, have them posted anywhere at all. This leads to all the icky bull on Skype I've been hearing about for the past 3 months. People should actually be made to talk to each other, like on the forums, or in a chatbox, and be allowed to share their personal information later. However, oversharing or simply sharing instantly with people should probably be punished to keep it down to minimal. Public speaking should be promoted, while privately gossiping about how that person just said something you don't like should not.
Some people come here to make friends but may not be comfortable posting a lot, that's why having contact info easily available is important. We don't want to ban posting contact info because friendship is important, we don't want anyone feeling lonely or left out because they are too nevous to post or ask someone for their contact info. We are aware of the cliquey feel here but there's unfortunally not much the staff can do about that, we can't force people to be friends, that's something the entire community (including staff) has to work together to fix. However banning contact info wouldn't solve this, people would still exchange it and it would most likely just make the shy members feel more excluded
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:50:02 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2015, 09:45:18 pm »
Banning contact info wouldn't be very good. And as Mystic pointed out it'd then be more difficult for more shy/anxious folks to reach out

on a side-note. Are mod applications gonna be up again at some point? Currently it seems FT is a bit under-staffed
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 594
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2015, 10:15:58 pm »
Banning contact info wouldn't be very good. And as Mystic pointed out it'd then be more difficult for more shy/anxious folks to reach out

on a side-note. Are mod applications gonna be up again at some point? Currently it seems FT is a bit under-staffed

Yes, but we're currently re-writing some things (adding more info to what's required and such), and want to re-write some rules for the site in general, so it'll be a bit. I know a lot of people have been asking and I take responsibility for it not getting done yet.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Online Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Cookies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2015, 10:23:22 pm »
We cannot say for sure exactly when we will start accepting moderator applications again, however we are well aware of the current situation of being understaffed.
I personally have been wanting to see more growth with the staff as a whole and I know that the administrators would like to move forward with it at some point as well.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2015, 11:29:25 pm »
Hi,

There was a thread post that was recently removed that should have had nothing to do with the topics that were discussed about the forum and its status. In fact, it was a much older post that outlined and discussed a lot of the present problems that needed fixing. It has no concern with any of the current issues (and i only noticed it because there was a detail in my profile i wanted to check). You should know which post it is, as it was one of my more recent "posts"

Why did that thread need to be removed? Why was it removed at all in the first place?
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Merry and Bright
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2015, 11:41:13 pm »
Hi,

There was a thread post that was recently removed that should have had nothing to do with the topics that were discussed about the forum and its status. In fact, it was a much older post that outlined and discussed a lot of the present problems that needed fixing. It has no concern with any of the current issues (and i only noticed it because there was a detail in my profile i wanted to check). You should know which post it is, as it was one of my more recent "posts"

Why did that thread need to be removed? Why was it removed at all in the first place?
If the thread I'm thinking of is correct, I don't believe it has been deleted, it just got buried in its board. Looking through your posts none of your more recent ones have been deleted so maybe im thinking of the wrong thread. Feel free to pm the staff the name of it and/or more details about what it was about so we can figure this out
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:48:34 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Aoki

• Snow Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • Merry Chrysler
  • Fursona Species: Batroo (bat + kangaroo)
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2015, 07:06:21 pm »

Omg sorry im so late

I have to agree
Sometimes I feel like I'm being ignored
Everyone just quotes each other's posts but there's us outcasts who rarely get noticed in conversations. Also I haven't talked to anyone outside of the site like on telegram, Skype, etc. In awhile
I used to be in some group chats but left for personal reason and feeling left out.
I'm thinking about just retiring from the site, I've stuck to this place for awhile and have experienced a lot of bad things (stuff has been taking care by the staff of course) I seem to be a target of bad things and I try to be social but I guess ppl aren't interested in a depressed teen like me
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2016, 04:12:28 am »
Wow. i would like to thank the staff for trying there best. Thank you Meadow Whisper.Kit Wolf. and Princess Rei for making a wonderful website. well it was wonderful when i was here years ago. i'll miss this place. thank you everyone it's been fun :sad-fox:  :sad-fox: :fox-:): :fox-:):
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Cookies: 278
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2016, 11:55:15 pm »
I'm posting really late because at first I didn't know what to say. This site is where I met the nicest people in the whole entire Internet, and it sucks that one day FT will be no more. I'm going to miss everyone on here so much :(

But I would like to thank the staff members for working so hard and trying their best to make this site a great place, we'll always keep Furry Teens in our hearts even if it is deleted.

This site has helped many people including me. I don't know where I would be without you all. I met so many kind, caring people on here and the sad truth is that many of us are dealing with hard problems and this site is definitely the most friendly and open minded site out there, and where would everyone go to vent out their problems without being judged (especially on most other sites)? Please keep this site on, ban those who have blackmailed or trolled excessively, because this site is loved by many.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 154
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2016, 02:39:14 am »
I do have a question.
has the situation improved at all since this thread was made?
because I haven't noticed any aggression.
and I would also like to point out that if it wasn't for this site, I don't know where I would be right now. six feet under most likely...
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 81
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2016, 10:01:09 am »
Oh no. I'd hate to see this site go. It has helped me so much and others too.  :sad-fox:
  • Flag - usa
You ever wonder why we're here?

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2016, 10:24:47 am »
I do have a question.
has the situation improved at all since this thread was made?
because I haven't noticed any aggression.
and I would also like to point out that if it wasn't for this site, I don't know where I would be right now. six feet under most likely...

I would like to know the answer to that question too.
Also curious if the abuse on threads or pms? I'm guessing it was on the threads.
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2016, 10:39:37 am »
The situation has already been resolved. We don't normally publicly discuss the disciplinary action issued to members, but as we discussed earlier on, we were forced to ban a minor group of members for harassment and toxic behaviour. It really detracted from an otherwise inclusive and welcoming site and made for a really bad atmosphere. It wasn't an easy decision to make. Unfortunately, because things got so bad, Meadow no longer wanted to pay to maintain a site that fosters bullying and harassment of its members. It was fairly understandable. We were given little choice and we did everything we could, but ultimately we were forced to permanently remove the negativity so that the site could be enjoyable place for everybody.

You have nothing to worry about seeing as everything has been addressed. The site won't be closing any time soon. If you weren't banned and you never heard anything about it directly from the site's staff, nobody ever had a problem with your conduct. :happy-deer:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:44:39 am by TinyBabyHooves »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2016, 10:58:45 am »
I'm so glad that the site isn't closing  :blush-fox:
  • Flag - britain