Author Topic: Marvel/DC Movies  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Brynjar

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Dire Wolf
Marvel/DC Movies
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:35:13 pm »
Maybe its just me but i feel like Marvel releases one good movie then one bad one. i was kinda on the fence for Antman but it was still a good movie. the last one that came out from marvel that was horrible was the newest Fantastic 4, it was even worse than the one from 2005. i have super high expectations for DC's upcoming Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad. Don't let me down DC!
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
Re: Marvel/DC Movies
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:18:01 pm »
I haven't seen the new Fantastic Four movie but I heard people don't really like it. But I really enjoyed Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and most of the others that take place before them. And I can't wait to see Captain America: Civil War!! The trailer was awesome!
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 06:31:38 pm »
I believe that the latest Fantastic Four was actually Fox rather than Marvel, but they had to put Marvel's logos on it because they still own the characters, just not the film rights. I haven't seen it however, so I can't realy judge it on quality.
When it comes to Marvel though, the thing that ruins the movies for me is the underlying knowledge that the movie you're watching is just a set up for the next one. The only important things that happen are in the last twenty to thirty seconds after the credits. However, if I put that aside then I actually quite enjoy them. My favourite so far has to be Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'm not really sure if I'm looking forward to any of the new ones but Deadpool - but like the Xmen and Fantastic Four, that's all in the hands of Fox.
DC films I'm not really sure about. Although the Dark Knight Trilogy have been the best Batman films so far, I'm reserved about the upcoming films (Other than Suicide squad, which apparently may not even be tied in to any of the upcoming films). Man of Steel was quite disappointing, but then again Superman has always been a bit of a bland hero to me. I like the fact that they're going down a more darker route like the original comics in order to set themselves apart from Marvel, and I hope that they do well. But we'll just have to see.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Brynjar

• Red Level
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:44:33 am »
I haven't seen the new Fantastic Four movie but I heard people don't really like it. But I really enjoyed Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and most of the others that take place before them. And I can't wait to see Captain America: Civil War!! The trailer was awesome!

i really enjoy all the marvel movies that tie together somehow

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 02:04:24 pm »

Yeah I love how they are all connected. Whenever a character mentions something from another Marvel movie I am just like:
  • Flag - canada

Offline Brynjar

• Red Level
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 02:24:12 am »

Yeah I love how they are all connected. Whenever a character mentions something from another Marvel movie I am just like:

exactly, thats why i think marvel has a great story line. its such an expansive universe.

Offline Brynjar

• Red Level
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 02:25:28 am »

have a mince pie!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:27:08 am by Brynjar »

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 04:43:53 am »
I quite like most of Marvel's films, just go to bear in mind that they're not responsible for every Marvel film there is (such as Spiderman and the Fantastic Four). It's also cool to see how they've been changing as a whole, as their films contain more humour than they used to. Of course, even though they're all in the same universe anyway, the cross-film references are great and add to the Marvel scene as a whole.

I personally do not watch DC's films as much, so I cannot really comment on them.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »
I like Marvel. But I've got to agree with the first comment it feels like they're starting a pattern. One good movie, then one bad. Like the latest X-men movies are good, but also kinda meh... And then you have Fantastic 4. And I'm worried about how Deadpool is going to do. No offense, but I feel like it's going to be more stand up comedy than fighting.

As for DC, I've given up on them. No offense, but when I watched Honest Trailers, and saw them tear the batman movies apart, and also that one superman movie. I had to admit, there were really unnecessary, or things that made no sense to me at times.
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »
And I'm worried about how Deadpool is going to do. No offense, but I feel like it's going to be more stand up comedy than fighting.
Well that is kind of the way Deadpool is. He is constantly cracking jokes and breaking the fourth wall. XD
  • Flag - canada

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 07:46:10 pm »
Marvel movies were great, back when they started. Since then, I feel like they're wearing out. There's just so many, and they keep coming out, and there's at least 10 more planned, and ... I'm frankly bored of Marvel movies, it takes a lot of effort for me to get excited about them. People around me everywhere are SO SUPER EXCITED about Doctor Strange and all the others, and I'm like "Oh. Yay I guess." xD

Although I do admit to being excited for Deadpool, because it WILL be new and fresh. Delightfully, inappropriately so. And because of that I don't see them tying it in with the rest of the movies in any significant way, without endangering the PG - PG-13 ratings of the movies to come.

Now DC! I only recently saw the Batman trilogy for the first time. I kinda liked Man of Steel, but meh. I think the frequency of the Marvel movies has seeped over to the DC movies and it's tough to get excited about these ones too. I think they're really well made for sure, more so than the Marvel ones. I have more fun watching a DC movie than I do a Marvel one. And honestly, Superman has ALWAYS been my favorite superhero, for - well, ever. :D (Nothing beats the old Superman cartoons and never will)
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 03:33:26 am »
UNPOPULAR OPINION TIME. Marvel movies are becoming shovelware. And I won't blame that purely on Marvel, I'll blame disney. Deadpool looks like it's going to be good, I like where Deadpool is going, but I will kill someone if it get's a semi-open ending because "must have sequel within 5 years" is a shit mindset to have when making a cinematic universe. Similarly, Doctor Strange and Black Panther will probably be good, but then they will just sequel-strafe it to death and we'll only look kindly on maybe the first 2 installments of those inevitable movie serials.
By comparison, DC does seem to have some pride in what they do, but then, ha, hahaha, they aren't owned by cash-in whore Disney. DC can put out movies with good quality quickly because 75% of their released filmography is animated and their animated stuff is mucho delicioso, particularly Assault on Arkham to name a recent one. And the live action stuff is...not bad. (I'll be honest. I despise the Nolan Batman Universe and didn't much care for Man of Steel, even with Zod in it, Superman vs Batman looks like it'll be a refreshing change to the 2000's gritty hero trend for DC though thank god.) Now, here's hoping DC keeps up their standards and Marvel finds their testicles so they can tell Disney to stuff their cash-in attitude up their collective arses and let Marvel handle Marvels affairs, because Marvel knows what Marvel wants.
(Completely out of left field, I may be the only one who dreams of a world where Dick Grayson Batman gets a film I REALLY REALLY like Dick Grayson as Batman)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:35:33 am by Northpaw »
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 08:52:27 pm »
Call me out on this one but I love The Amazing Spider-Man. Never hurts to see an origin story, even if I already knew what happened. I didn't like the Lizard's design though, if he was more or less a giant lizard in a lab coat I would've enjoyed it a lot more. I mean, he IS a scientist too, not just a giant monster. Also I don't get why people are blaming Disney for bad Marvel movies. Just because Disney is known for its family friendly stuff doesn't mean it's their fault. I mean look at how Star Wars came out!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 09:21:56 pm »
Call me out on this one but I love The Amazing Spider-Man. Never hurts to see an origin story, even if I already knew what happened.
I agree. I personally like all the different Spider-Man movies. I don't care if the origin story keeps getting repeated and stuff. The movies are okay to me. xD
I didn't like the Lizard's design though, if he was more or less a giant lizard in a lab coat I would've enjoyed it a lot more.
And yesss!!
  • Flag - canada