Author Topic: TV sharing on Skype?  (Read 226 times)

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
TV sharing on Skype?
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:27:40 pm »
Now I'm not talking about Skype TV necessarily, but when I try skyping my friend and he watches me do stuff (like playing video games for example through skype. The only problem is the web cam. I could have the best damn web cam in existence, but that will never beat the actual quality of directly sharing the screen. Anyways, is there a way to make that happen? Sharing a TV screen on to a computer through Skype? Like you can share your computer screen, so there must be a way to do the same thing with a different device connecting to your computer? Right?
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
Re: TV sharing on Skype?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 07:29:48 pm »
I believe you can find it in the top row under 'conversation'. It should be an option called "share screen".
If you have the TV set up to show up on the laptop (perhaps as a second monitor) I believe you'll be able to select it from the pop-up.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:31:22 pm by Folfy »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Voltz

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 306
  • Fursona Species: -
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:30:43 pm »
Could use a capture card (if you are talking about an external TV) I guess but you are probably better off just streaming on the console (if it has the option) and having your friend watch through that. Now I don't know what kind of setup you have or anything so I can't give you specifics.
  • Pronouns: -

Offline Lambda Lumis

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • There's nothing worse than wasted opportunity.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 07:50:16 pm »
Can you explain this a bit more?

If your talking about a console connected to your TV and not connected to your PC then maybe you need an app on the console to stream? I hardly ever use consoles so I cant help there. Otherwise you would have to take the output directly from the console and somehow stream that but that would be difficult as computers don't tend to have video in ports so you would need external hardware. (Maybe some kind of HDMI to USB PC input exists somewhere?) If your talking about connecting your TV to your PC then you should just be able to do that via Skypes screen share facility.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His