Author Topic: Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS General Discussion  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 8
  • Humanist and law enthusiast.
    • FurAffinity - Keir_Wreath
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Eagle hybrid
Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS General Discussion
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:14:23 pm »
General discussion for all things pertaining to Super Smash Brothers 4 Wii U and 3DS, including general discussion, technical aspects, high-level play, and potential FC exchanges for those seeking a match.
  • Pronouns: He,Him,His,Their,They, etc
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...
There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain...

Offline Indecisive Andre

• I just don't know...
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 21
  • My Link hat's gone, replaced by a flatbill.
    • DeviantArt - irkedandre17
    • FurAffinity - Dr.Andre
  • Fursona Species: Horned lizard (inspired by Klippa here above this)
Re: Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:39:26 pm »
Well, I've got the 3DS version. Anyone wanna play?

Friend Code: 4098-4769-0412

Name: Tomasu
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:22:27 pm by Andre does the Swank »
  • Pronouns: He/him/his/this guy's (idk)
Anyone ever notice that Jamie Hyneman looks like Dr. Eggman?

"Oh, we've found Cronenberg Link!" -  Vinny... y'know, from Vinesauce? The guy from Long Island? No? Blegh...

I'm sorta indecisive... about... life I guess... so for now, I am the lizard I guess.

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 187
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:51:37 pm »
I don't have a Wii U so I'm conflicted with getting Smash Brawl for the Wii or the 3DS one.
Icon by Nagi. :rose:

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:02:52 pm »
I don't have a Wii U so I'm conflicted with getting Smash Brawl for the Wii or the 3DS one.
Definitely get the 3DS version, it has plenty more than Brawl, and besides, Brawl's online play has been disabled for almost two years now.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...
There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain...

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 06:04:56 pm »
Definitely get the 3DS version, it has plenty more than Brawl, and besides, Brawl's online play has been disabled for almost two years now.

Crap, I think someone's already gotten me Brawl for Christmas.

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 06:16:15 pm »

That sucks. If you want, there are some mods for Brawl, and last I checked, there's a fan-run non-profit way to set up online play again. It works with Brawl and most other Wii games, so you should be good if you get that set up.

Offline Why do you care

• I'm tired of being bullied.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Screw you all.
  • Fursona Species: Who cares.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 07:23:30 pm »
I have smash for wii u and Project M. If anyone wants to play, I will post my friend code later.
So, what characters do you guys main?

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 07:34:20 pm »
I have smash for wii u and Project M. If anyone wants to play, I will post my friend code later.
So, what characters do you guys main?
64 I main Captain, Melee is Captain, Fox, and Roy, Brawl is Snake, PM is Roy, Fox, Marth, and ZSS, and for Smash 4 I main Ryu, WFT, Roy, and soon Cloud.

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 07:39:39 pm »
I got Smash for 3ds almost since launch day and have been ruling with King Dedede ever since then :lol-fox:  Other than Dedede I use DK, Falco and Yoshi ^^

If you ever want to have some fights with me, my friend code is at this thread

http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=17298.0
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 07:44:57 pm »
I got Smash for 3ds almost since launch day and have been ruling with King Dedede ever since then :lol-fox:  Other than Dedede I use DK, Falco and Yoshi ^^

Yeah, I was tempted to main DeDeDe, but he's just too slow for my tastes. And if your opponent gets any reads on you, he's way too easy to punish IMO.

Offline Proto

• YES
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 07:51:03 pm »

Yeah, I was tempted to main DeDeDe, but he's just too slow for my tastes. And if your opponent gets any reads on you, he's way too easy to punish IMO.

He's not as slow as he might seem. His forward air is quite fast for his strength and range, his forward tilt takes care of anyone who tries to rush in and his downtilt covers great ground and is also one of his fastest hits. For killing purposes, the down smash will not only punish any rolls, but also launch anything in an almost horizontal trajectory, securing early kills at early percentages if done on the edges of the stage
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 07:54:03 pm »

He's not as slow as he might seem. His forward air is quite fast for his strength and range, his forward tilt takes care of anyone who tries to rush in and his downtilt covers great ground and is also one of his fastest hits. For killing purposes, the down smash will not only punish any rolls, but also launch anything in an almost horizontal trajectory, securing early kills at early percentages if done on the edges of the stage
Yeah, that's one of the things I liked about him, is that in general he's fairly good, and he excels in the air, but moves like his FSmash, USmash, Down Bl, and Side B kinda ruin him for me. They're either slow, punishable, or both.

Offline Why do you care

• Yellow Level
  • Screw you all.
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 08:09:23 pm »
I am wondering, is Roy worth buying? As a Marth secondary in 4 and one of my mains in Melee and Project M, would he be worth if I bought him? I also main Ness and Lucas if that changes anything. Also, is Cloud any good? I'm thinking of buying him.

Offline Proto

• YES
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 08:15:50 pm »

Yeah, that's one of the things I liked about him, is that in general he's fairly good, and he excels in the air, but moves like his FSmash, USmash, Down Bl, and Side B kinda ruin him for me. They're either slow, punishable, or both.
To be fair, his forward smash is the most powerful FSmash of the game (Not counting the ones that get modifiers like Shulk's Smash FSmash or Lucario's max aura FSmash), and his Down B is like a Smash attack that you can move around. That being said, he's by no means a rushdown character, so his slow moves are more of a bait and punish game. His side-B, however, is what sells him for me. It's actually a precise art to use it often and still manage to hit the opponent most of the time. It's also pretty good both for offense and defense because somehow people just like to run into it when I throw the Gordo close to me.

I am wondering, is Roy worth buying? As a Marth secondary in 4 and one of my mains in Melee and Project M, would he be worth if I bought him? I also main Ness and Lucas if that changes anything. Also, is Cloud any good? I'm thinking of buying him.
As far as I know, Roy is a bit better than Marth thanks to his strength and I think slightly less lag, very worth it to buy him if you like swordsmen. I don't think maining other characters actually affects how well you'll do other than how long it'll take for you to get used to them. Also, Cloud is the definition of OP
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 08:16:30 pm »
Cloud looks good, but I haven't played as him yet. Roy, on the other paw, would definitely be a good investment if you find it difficult to get sweetspots with Marth's tippers. He also possesses one of the only 1HitKO moves in the game, and his FSmash does 20% whet sweet uncharged, so he's like a rushdown Marth.

Offline Why do you care

• Yellow Level
  • Screw you all.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 08:31:41 pm »

To be fair, his forward smash is the most powerful FSmash of the game (Not counting the ones that get modifiers like Shulk's Smash FSmash or Lucario's max aura FSmash), and his Down B is like a Smash attack that you can move around. That being said, he's by no means a rushdown character, so his slow moves are more of a bait and punish game. His side-B, however, is what sells him for me. It's actually a precise art to use it often and still manage to hit the opponent most of the time. It's also pretty good both for offense and defense because somehow people just like to run into it when I throw the Gordo close to me.

As far as I know, Roy is a bit better than Marth thanks to his strength and I think slightly less lag, very worth it to buy him if you like swordsmen. I don't think maining other characters actually affects how well you'll do other than how long it'll take for you to get used to them. Also, Cloud is the definition of OP
If cloud is overpowered, then what does make him overpowered

Offline Proto

• YES
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 09:06:39 pm »

If cloud is overpowered, then what does make him overpowered
His Limit attacks mostly. Imagine a Little Mac who can charge his KO meter at will and then has more than one option on what to do with it. If he charges it too early, he can just use his neutral B or side B for damage and high knockback. If you're at around 60% of damage (earlier if you take fresh moves into consideration), he'll use down B for a kinda easy KO since it's very fast (It does almost no damage on shield, but you can't just shield all the time or else he'll grab). A thing you could argue is that you do have to be at 60% for this to be any danger, but considering the fact that the Limit charges as he hits and takes hits, chances are that he'll have it ready as by the time you've taken enough damage.

That's only talking about his Limit thing. For his normal moves, his forward smash has quite some range and has two options on how to approach with his dash attack and down tilt. He also has 2 meteor smashes (F-air and D-air), and very good recover when he has the limit and only a bit lower than average when not having it.
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 08:09:56 am »

That sucks. If you want, there are some mods for Brawl, and last I checked, there's a fan-run non-profit way to set up online play again. It works with Brawl and most other Wii games, so you should be good if you get that set up.
Alright thanks I'll look into it. Though I ended up getting getting both! lol

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 03:54:51 am »
Got a Wii u as a family gift this year and I'm so pumped. It's finally my time to become less shit at super smash  :fox-:P:
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Keir

• Ace Attorney
  • Red Level
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 03:56:58 am »
Got a Wii u as a family gift this year and I'm so pumped. It's finally my time to become less shit at super smash  :fox-:P:
Haha, good luck! It takes a lot more than just practice to be good at Smash, especially if you want to play on a competitive level.