Author Topic: What types of things can be coded apart from games?  (Read 379 times)

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
What types of things can be coded apart from games?
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:43:30 pm »
Just interested in the types of things that computer code can be used for
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: What types of things can be coded apart from games?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 02:25:19 pm »
Depending on your skill level, programming language and the amount of time you have a lot can be coded. Anything from apps to animations to simulations. The possibilities are almost endless though some things are a lot harder to do than others. Look at any app on your phone, whether it's a calculator, game, social media site etc they are all coded
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • sushi dog
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 06:02:38 pm »
Depending on your skill level, programming language and the amount of time you have a lot can be coded. Anything from apps to animations to simulations. The possibilities are almost endless though some things are a lot harder to do than others. Look at any app on your phone, whether it's a calculator, game, social media site etc they are all coded
Thanks :) I probably go and examine these apps on my phone/ipad more closely and see how they work
  • Flag - britain

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 10:00:28 pm »
On top of what pepper already mentioned, a tone of coding is needed for the industrial/engineering environment.

All those huge machines in factories need code to run. Amazon has huge and complex programs to calculate the fastest way to deliver your package and the millions of other packages they handle. All the rockets of rovers NASA sends on missions needs thousands of lines of code to run properly and be prepared. All public transportation needs a huge amount of code to handle all the transactions and routs.

It's pretty crazy all the stuff that you can do with 1's and 0's.
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • sushi dog
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 04:00:32 am »
On top of what pepper already mentioned, a tone of coding is needed for the industrial/engineering environment.

All those huge machines in factories need code to run. Amazon has huge and complex programs to calculate the fastest way to deliver your package and the millions of other packages they handle. All the rockets of rovers NASA sends on missions needs thousands of lines of code to run properly and be prepared. All public transportation needs a huge amount of code to handle all the transactions and routs.

It's pretty crazy all the stuff that you can do with 1's and 0's.
That's pretty fascinating actually. It's interesting how technology is utilized, amazon seems to use lots of technology in their company I think and of course NASA needs it all and public transportation. All these coding you don't notice at first glance.
  • Flag - britain

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 04:28:18 am »
Ditto what everyone else said. Also remember anything web-based! Forum back-ends, webapps, plugins, and more need to be made. Or maybe even plugins/filters for Photoshop, Painter, or even After Effects.

Remember the animation/digital effects industry as well. It may not be full-on coding per se, but the smoothness of some animations, the particular way a fiery explosion looks, are all controlled through scripts that someone writes.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • sushi dog
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:38:16 am »
Ditto what everyone else said. Also remember anything web-based! Forum back-ends, webapps, plugins, and more need to be made. Or maybe even plugins/filters for Photoshop, Painter, or even After Effects.

Remember the animation/digital effects industry as well. It may not be full-on coding per se, but the smoothness of some animations, the particular way a fiery explosion looks, are all controlled through scripts that someone writes.

I guess virtually all the web is just code, there is so much on the web though, that it's hard to find anything sometimes. That's true that animation does actually require coding sometimes, I used animate (badly) then i quit sorta 
  • Flag - britain