Author Topic: The Great Steam Winter Fail  (Read 189 times)

Offline Assan

• It is pronounced Ah-San
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 122
  • Beep
    • DeviantArt - Assan Dracomorph
    • FurAffinity - Assan
    • Dungeon Master's Compedium
  • Fursona Species: Golden Dragon
The Great Steam Winter Fail
« on: December 29, 2015, 10:02:53 pm »
So because of the startling lack of information i have seen on this issue, im making a topic about it, sorry if someone else made one and i missed it or has already started talking about it.

So this Christmas Steam had a big according to the internet, Caching problem, leaking many many people personal information, emails, last 4 digits of credit cards, ect. So far they haven't said much of anything about it. Even what I have heard them "say" has been from a third party, ____ said "steam said it was a caching problem"

Any one else have more information on it, personally i am very angry with Steam about this, more that they haven't given any information out about it, than even that the problem happened in the first place. They dont even seem to be responding to people support tickets abut the issue past what they would do any other time for any other issue: http://www.destructoid.com/so-how-about-explaining-that-steam-christmas-debacle-eh-valve--330258.phtml

I have found one statement from steam regarding this: "Steam is back up and running without any known issues. As a result of a configuration change earlier today, a caching issue allowed some users to randomly see pages generated for other users for a period of less than an hour. This issue has since been resolved. We believe no unauthorized actions were allowed on accounts beyond the viewing of cached page information and no additional action is required by users."

If anyone else has found or see's anything from steam themselves, please share, thanks ^^
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:26:01 pm by Assan »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Tiny Bisexual Pride Dragon -> Now Tiny Rainbow Hearts ->
Hope you enjoyed  :fox-:P: