Author Topic: Undertale (my totally not biased review)  (Read 766 times)

Offline Azure67

• Meme-queen
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Did someone say food??
    • DeviantArt - pupAzure
    • ChillRP (Eso RP guild I run, yes Magna is me)
  • Fursona Species: Trell (jackal) Azure (wolf bear mix)
Undertale (my totally not biased review)
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:54:49 pm »
Okay so I finally beat that game, it took a very long time. I will not be spoiling anything at all but I will be talking about what my final thoughts are on the game.
This is the single most influential games I have ever played in my entire life. No game has made me cry or laugh like this one has. I have played and beaten hundreds of games and nothing has crap on this one. My only complaint is that it is much too short and that once you beat it. You will never want to play it again, to explain why would be a spoiler so I wont explain.
If you can afford it and are ready for the emotional roller coaster you are about to embark on, I highly recommend it.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers/they/theirs/them
Always up for rp!

Offline Serix

• Lord of The Eclipse
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 118
  • ~*~I am what you see~*~
    • FurAffinity - Serixpaws
    • Twitter - Official_Serix
  • Fursona Species: Wolfsky
Re: Undertale (my totally not biased review)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:31:01 pm »
Okay so I finally beat that game, it took a very long time. I will not be spoiling anything at all but I will be talking about what my final thoughts are on the game.
This is the single most influential games I have ever played in my entire life. No game has made me cry or laugh like this one has. I have played and beaten hundreds of games and nothing has crap on this one. My only complaint is that it is much too short and that once you beat it. You will never want to play it again, to explain why would be a spoiler so I wont explain.
If you can afford it and are ready for the emotional roller coaster you are about to embark on, I highly recommend it.

Played it too, I know what you mean about not wanting to play it through again lol.  And yeah I mean there is a bit more content if you play it through differently, but not enough to satisfy what I would like more from the game.  Overall though, I was happy to see a game like this come out and gain reputability  :fox-:):
  • Site Donor
~*~"My persona isnt the only one that has fangs."~*~
~*~ Eclipses ∞ "Moonpiece Be With You"~*~

≈Serix≈

Offline LEAFYISBEAFY

• NO IM NOT PRETENDING TO BE LEAFYISHERE
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 0
  • Hello
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/neko_lyfe
  • Fursona Species: Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 07:11:15 pm »
Hate the game
Don't kill
me
thanks

Its been LEAFYISBEAFY bye

• Pronouns: He/hes/His

Offline cvds

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 09:07:09 pm »
Gonna need source for gif above

Undertale was definitely a good game, but imo the hype surrounding it is unneeded. I think a large portion of why the game was so popular is because it pandered to the likes of different communities.
sleepy

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Candies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 11:50:58 pm »
There's nothing like it, and I totally agree with not wanting to play it again. (Well to the people who haven't played it. Put it this way, you will WANT to restart it. But the game will push your buttons if you reset it.)
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline Azure67

• Meme-queen
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Did someone say food??
    • DeviantArt - pupAzure
    • ChillRP (Eso RP guild I run, yes Magna is me)
  • Fursona Species: Trell (jackal) Azure (wolf bear mix)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 06:06:28 pm »
Hate the game
Don't kill
me
thanks

Its been LEAFYISBEAFY bye

Totally fine!, I just loved the odd situation it introduces, most games its just kill, kill, kill. This one puts a spin on it, making your actions actually show more than just a different ending. For that I love it.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers/they/theirs/them
Always up for rp!

Offline Zaria

• A lazy lynx
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Just gathering my thoughts
  • Fursona Species: Lynx
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 05:50:47 pm »
  I think Undertale's a good game, it has a neat mechanic of spare or killing enemies. The gameplay, I find, can get a bit tedious, but it's still enjoyable. The characters are great as well, and the fact that some of them get character development makes them even better than being "those characters that are only there to make you laugh." The only thing I have a problem with isn't the game itself, but a particular loud group of fans.

The game heavily emphasizes choice, and that there are no completely wrong choices and it's your decision on how to play. As I said before, there are some fans who think that if you do not do a pacifist run, then you're playing the game wrong. While I understand why they would think that-- as the pacifist run gets you the more satisfying ending, it doesn't mean the other endings are irrelevant or uninteresting.

Anyways, I think the game is really neato. It isn't a GOTY or anything, but it still stands as a respectable game to me :fox-:):.

• Pronouns: He/Him/His