Author Topic: (Requests open) Northpaws Art thread  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
Re: (Requests open) Northpaws Art thread
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 11:09:28 am »
HA, depression sucks. I'm also incredibly unreliable, I'm sorry guys, I forgot I owed requests until I came and checked this topic because I had something to post, geez.
Ahaha
Anyway, here's what I've been working on when I haven't been feeling like crying, or actually been crying

WOW 3d modelling is horribly slow. After this is done, mental state, psychologist visits and paper amount not being a concern, I should hopefully remember to get started on the request that I, the useless artist, owe people, again, I am incredibly sorry, and stupid.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Make sure to befriend Badass Big Boss
Discord:Big Boss#1013 Skype: Frantzkrugers

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2016, 11:12:25 am »
HA, depression sucks. I'm also incredibly unreliable, I'm sorry guys, I forgot I owed requests until I came and checked this topic because I had something to post, geez.
Ahaha
Anyway, here's what I've been working on when I haven't been feeling like crying, or actually been crying

WOW 3d modelling is horribly slow. After this is done, mental state, psychologist visits and paper amount not being a concern, I should hopefully remember to get started on the request that I, the useless artist, owe people, again, I am incredibly sorry, and stupid.
what program did ya use? Yea 3d modelling looks kinda difficult
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2016, 11:24:05 am »
Ahaha

Blender, it's not...difficult...just tedious. It took me three days to get it to this point, but I think it looks pretty good, so I'm hoping that after I add clothes and textures, it'll look even better.
If you want to do 3D modelling I recommend you use CG cookie to learn about the basics of blender then watch some of this guys videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyu4kn_ROhA34jug2g_AwJA
I took what he taught and made my own adjustments to make that model there.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2016, 11:27:49 am »
Ahaha

Blender, it's not...difficult...just tedious. It took me three days to get it to this point, but I think it looks pretty good, so I'm hoping that after I add clothes and textures, it'll look even better.
If you want to do 3D modelling I recommend you use CG cookie to learn about the basics of blender then watch some of this guys videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyu4kn_ROhA34jug2g_AwJA
I took what he taught and made my own adjustments to make that model there.
I find blender one of the really annoying programs lol
I've seen people make really good realistic scenes and art with that program though through only learning from YouTube tutorials. thanks for the link
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2016, 02:03:12 am »

And update.
UV mapping his body was nightmarish,it wouldn't unfold well...I could fix the head UV map later but honestly, I can't be arsed
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 05:57:25 am »

So while this isn't done, I decided this topic still needs consistent posts, and these have to be some of the best fingers I've drawn THAT I CAN'T ERASE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG BECAUSE THE PAPER IS BRITTLE ON BOTH HANDS NOW BUT STILL.
I flubbed the higher hand in the yawn pose and decided, hey, fudge it, I'll draw her back instead.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 11:07:30 am »

I put 4 hours into these fingers, I want critique and to show them off because I am so damn happy the fingers look like fingers now and I will show off my damn hands to EVERYONE I KNOW
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 55
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2016, 10:43:56 pm »
Let's give him a hand folks! *slow claps from audience*

But seriously, good work- you can see a whole lot of improvement just from one sketch to the next. I'm no expert on drawing or anatomy or hands, but they really do look like proper hands, which I do know from experience is one of the harder things to do. I also found it amusing that you drew a couple of them flipping off.

I'll pick the finger gun in the lower left to talk about. It's pretty good, but I can see a few things you could improve with it- generally the thumb would be a bit closer to the viewer at this perspective than the index finger, so rather than a gentle curve from one into the next, the outline  would be more of a sharp corner where the edge of the thumb lies in front of the edge of the finger. Also, the knuckles on the lower three fingers are too far in- the largest knuckle of the finger can only bend a little more than 90° inwards for the average human hand, so the next straight segment of the finger would be running parallel to the viewer's line of sight. That means those knuckles and the first length of each finger wouldn't be visible from this perspective. This leaves the next smallest middle knuckle on each finger the first thing that is visible as you travel from palm to fingertip. Looking at my own hand, this leaves the smallest knuckles of those three fingers about halfway between the base of the thumb and the largest knuckles. Keep in mind also that the tip of the pinky finger, from the small knuckle to the end, is about the same length as the other fingers, and the difference in length is mostly in the first two segments.

Oooookay, then, I had no idea I could say so much about the anatomy of a hand. I was just comparing to my own hand so of course there will be some variance, and I have basically no formal training with anatomy or drawing human figures so that might have all been useless. Let me know if any of that was useful, I guess? I don't mean to sound overly critical if I do- you're far better at this than I've ever been- I'm just trying to be helpful is all. Great work!
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Dazed

• Hell0
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 73
  • icon base by Baronessa
    • DeviantArt - DazedMongoliensis
  • Fursona Species: Furred Raptor
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2016, 10:45:27 pm »
I could critizize, but I cant draw a finger, let alone an entire hand.
's Some good stuff
are requests still open ;v
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: Dont care
Looking to chat? Skype is on my profile page, and you can ask me for my steam.

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2016, 01:48:27 am »
Let's give him a hand folks! *slow claps from audience*

But seriously, good work- you can see a whole lot of improvement just from one sketch to the next. I'm no expert on drawing or anatomy or hands, but they really do look like proper hands, which I do know from experience is one of the harder things to do. I also found it amusing that you drew a couple of them flipping off.

I'll pick the finger gun in the lower left to talk about. It's pretty good, but I can see a few things you could improve with it- generally the thumb would be a bit closer to the viewer at this perspective than the index finger, so rather than a gentle curve from one into the next, the outline  would be more of a sharp corner where the edge of the thumb lies in front of the edge of the finger. Also, the knuckles on the lower three fingers are too far in- the largest knuckle of the finger can only bend a little more than 90° inwards for the average human hand, so the next straight segment of the finger would be running parallel to the viewer's line of sight. That means those knuckles and the first length of each finger wouldn't be visible from this perspective. This leaves the next smallest middle knuckle on each finger the first thing that is visible as you travel from palm to fingertip. Looking at my own hand, this leaves the smallest knuckles of those three fingers about halfway between the base of the thumb and the largest knuckles. Keep in mind also that the tip of the pinky finger, from the small knuckle to the end, is about the same length as the other fingers, and the difference in length is mostly in the first two segments.

Oooookay, then, I had no idea I could say so much about the anatomy of a hand. I was just comparing to my own hand so of course there will be some variance, and I have basically no formal training with anatomy or drawing human figures so that might have all been useless. Let me know if any of that was useful, I guess? I don't mean to sound overly critical if I do- you're far better at this than I've ever been- I'm just trying to be helpful is all. Great work!

Thanks for the observations, they'll definitely help with drawing different hand types that aren't my own incredibly flexible spider fingers (All these hands being based on my hands, which just happen to have a soft curve between the index and thumb when making a finger gun.) And yeah, thanks for pointing out the knuckles, I actually didn't notice that but bringing it up, they do look off, so that's something to work on.

I could critizize, but I cant draw a finger, let alone an entire hand.
's Some good stuff
are requests still open ;v

Sort of? I mean I have other requests I still owe people but I haven't worked on them because I forget to do that usually because I'm working on something at the time? Or I start working on it then I get perfectionist and have a small scale freak out because they do good art and I'm fairly rank an amateur.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2016, 10:11:33 am »

Just gonna leave my latest piece here. No-ones gonna see it anyway so what's the harm.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2016, 05:32:35 am »

I..Uh...This is a sad one. This was a request I was doing for Halus/Delco that I never got to finish. I was still working on the base colours when my computer crashed and GIMP decided to go apeshit, so I never finished it. And now I regret that. Shit. I'm gonna miss you Halus, buddy. Hope you can come back one day and I'll get a chance to finish this for ya.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2017, 05:38:17 am »
Resurrection
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2017, 01:42:44 pm »
*NOTICES MY THREAD* OWO WATS THIS!?

It's been weeks since I last did a draw. Months since I did anything VAGUELY ANTHRO
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2017, 05:44:15 am »

EYYYYYY MY PROTOGEN IS DRAW. Still gotta do profile and back as well as a DP Bust but hey, it done. I also forgot a tail but I'm saving that for profile because I can't decide on a tail. EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. They're Named R1-CK33 D-34 because I have no originality and am naming the cyber floof after a cyborg OC of mine (That also refers to themselves as they, or it). I also took some liberties on the chest design to keep myself as far from accusations of Plagiarism as I could. (Hoping the DP bust can show off the colouration more clearly than this full body piece does.)
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2017, 09:11:20 am »

And then I got lazy about colouring since colouring is pointless until I can do the bust
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual