Poll

How many sonas do you have? Are you making more?

None or not sure how many you want
Multiple, but you're done making more
Multiple, and growing
One or two, but making more
One or two, not making more

Author Topic: How many sonas do you have?  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Adsila (add-sill-uh)

• Green Level
  • Candies: 40
  • Fursona Species: Main sona: Kirin/Qilin based creature
How many sonas do you have?
« on: January 06, 2016, 12:55:53 pm »
I know there was a thread kinda like this at one point but this one's a little more in depth. I decided to make this thread because I started off with one sona, then that quickly grew to four, and eventually grew all at once to ten. I told myself I'd have no more than twelve sonas so I didn't overwhelm myself, buuuuut...that's not happening. Oops! Maybe twenty will be my limit? Idk...
How many sonas do you guys have? Are you making more? Are you limiting yourself? Did you ever tell yourself you were done making more sonas, but suddenly fell in love with a new idea? Please share ^_^ or simply take the poll if you'd prefer
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw
Watch this when your sad ^_^ red pandas are my favorite, so it works for me!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
"I respect animals more than people; we're the ones messing up this world, not them." - Anonymous
This sums up exactly how I feel ^^^

Online Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: How many sonas do you have?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 01:12:32 pm »
Are you limiting yourself? Did you ever tell yourself you were done making more sonas, but suddenly fell in love with a new idea?
^ this is me XD
I started off with just Solstice and told myself one was enough. I was good with that for a long time until I fell in love with angel dragons so made an angel dragon called Echo. After making Echo I stopped "controlling" myself because I decided that there was no need to limit my number of sonas so then I made Skyline and then I adopted Faye. And I was good with the four for a while, then I got unconnected with Echo so have ger away and I was good with just Solstice, Faye and Skyline for a long time. I kept telling myself that three was enough but then I thought about having a horse sona and fell in love with the idea. Originally Pepper was going to be for SCW because I didn't want to make a new "real" sona but then I fell in love with her so decided to make her a main sona. I really want a cat sona too and have been wanting one since joining the fandom but after that I'm stopping for sure, im already feeling like 4 is a bit much for me so five is my personal limit
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
  • Candies: 37
  • See you space cowboy...
    • FurAffinity - bts
  • Fursona Species: Saber tooth/Albino Ball Python
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 01:46:05 pm »
I just have my main sona right now but I'm not against the idea of taking a side one. I'm actually currently have a bid in an action to adopt a new character and I'm highly considering making them a side if I end up winning. Fingers crossed! They wouldn't be to the same level as my main but just a nice alternate if I decide to do something different.
I do have many characters but I don't adopt them to be another sona.
  • Pronouns: She/Her

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:01:55 pm »
I dabbled in the lots-of-fursonas side of things for a while, and more than anything, most of the fursonas got either forgotten or they turned into other characters that don't really represent me at all. Right now I have two fursonas, a male one and a female one, because the gender is the only thing that I can see changing anything significantly in any case. I don't even plan to have any more fursonas than these two, though their design may fluctuate eventually.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Rainclaw

• DaB
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 22
    • DeviantArt - Rain-Claw
    • FurAffinity - Rainclaw
    • Twitter - Rain__Claw
    • Weasyl - Rainclaw
  • Fursona Species: fox dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 02:54:21 pm »
13 little baby;s <3
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:21:13 pm by Rainclaw »
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

| Bisexual l agnostic l FtM l Pisces l Taken l

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Candies: 153
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 03:59:44 pm »
I have two, Alastair and Isle. Isle is still in the making because I'm lazy (mainly his personality and all of those details ... I've got his design down, just have to finish his ref sheet), but he's a black and white Sergal who's loosely based off someone I really admire. He's also Alastair's boyfriend.

And then of course there's Alastair. Who also needs an official ref sheet. But I can't seem to be able to draw his head, oops. I've only drawn it decently once, and that was after lots of tries.

Alastair is more of an exact copy of me. Isle is basically a more sociable version of me. He's a lot better at talking to people (especially new people), performing on stage, etc. He's also a bit kinder, in some ways. And he has a better sense of humor. And he has a white rose silhouette on his back, and it's stem extends down his tail. Which I really like.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by cutefury on Art Fight.Signature image by Nagi.

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 04:30:10 pm »
I'm not sure its hard to say which of my characters are sonas, some of my ocs unintentionally become sonas as i project my personality, others fall into disuse and become mascots etc. or sometimes i pretend to be an oc or use it like a fursona but then that doesn't make it a fursona.

I have lemurdog I guess, then the new character I made up (sunshine red). I have a dragon character to (veracity). And then a cat character, actually this isn't really a fursona as it's too personal to be a sona, I made them up way before I knew what a sona was. I have several other characters, I might start being stricter on who is a sona and who is not, but some of my characters are half sonas. I guess that is about four sonas for now (but my leopard cat character is important to, sort of a sona but they don't represent me well lol). But I have tried making many others sonas and they are all still important to me :P I have lotsa old characters on paper too, some of them are old ones

Edit: Just had the idea to redesign some of my older sonas
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:56:20 pm by frenzyfire »
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 04:38:38 pm »
I've created countless; many of whom I consider my characters but not my fursonas, like Caesar the lion, Barrel the gargoyle, Karma the dragon, Breezy the skunk, and Rockodile, who I've created for an animated show I want to produce one day. I occasionally use them as more, but I still don't think of them as my fursonas.
I have a couple of main fursonas, Iko the bat, Spike the deer (both of whom double as characters for my cartoon idea), and most recently, Pepper Pannda. I've had a few in the past that I've discarded, like Ridley Kaiju and Star the wolf. I essentially keep coming up with more and more characters that I don't end up using. Maybe I should start creating adoptables....
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Wilhelm

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 16
  • The world is a weird place. Be sure to contribute.
    • DeviantArt - Wilhelm-D
  • Fursona Species: kenai peninsula Wolf
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »
I currently only have one. I was going to make an otter fursona but then life happened.
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
In art and life, just go for it

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 241
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Moth
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 06:02:31 pm »
I currently have two fursonas and may make one more. neither of my fursonas were made to be fursonas. Wanted a spider character so I made a spider character and I ended up connecting with her a lot more so made her my sona, wanted an eeray so I bought one and she kinda filled the void my last alt left so made her my alt and I'm currently debating on making my hyena character my alt again or not. Anyway I personally do not like to have a lot of sonas but I do have a lot of characters that I either buy or make myself. I love having a lot of characters but I don't like having a lot of sonas just makes me feel kinda cluttered.
But something I noticed over the years of being on the internet is all my sonas who were made to be sonas don't last while my random characters last a while I connect with them more and make them my sona and they last much longer normally so even though I limit myself to only three sonas I won't guarantee I'll stay at that limit cause I tend to make sonas unintentionally XD Like I think I made myself a persona by accident ^^'
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 08:29:01 pm »
      I have a monogomous mind. I only stay dedicated to one central idea or status at a time. I only have one fursona and that's all I ever plan to have. The idea of multiple fursonas seems to be caused by a disconnection to one's fursona. I like to feel connected thus I spend a lot of time with a single fursona. I beleive many people think this way.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Adsila (add-sill-uh)

• Green Level
  • Candies: 40
  • Fursona Species: Main sona: Kirin/Qilin based creature
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 09:33:07 pm »
      I have a monogomous mind. I only stay dedicated to one central idea or status at a time. I only have one fursona and that's all I ever plan to have. The idea of multiple fursonas seems to be caused by a disconnection to one's fursona. I like to feel connected thus I spend a lot of time with a single fursona. I beleive many people think this way.
I actually feel connected to all my sonas ^_^ but I understand whatcha mean
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GaPkkGZGw
Watch this when your sad ^_^ red pandas are my favorite, so it works for me!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
"I respect animals more than people; we're the ones messing up this world, not them." - Anonymous
This sums up exactly how I feel ^^^

Offline Dio The Rottie

• Hooah!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 33
  • Ayyy Lmao
    • FurAffinity - Dasfur22
    • Twitter - @DioTheRott
  • Fursona Species: Rottweiler
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 01:33:20 am »
I've got two main sonas (Rottweiler and a Bull Terrier) but maybe I might make more

"If I can't be the best, I can sure as hell be the worst!"
-JonTron

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 329
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 03:02:25 am »
I've Got 8 FURsonas right now, with one being totally ride of and replaced.
I have limited myself to 8, because I have a hard enough time cycling through these ones.

I am however still making personas of other fandoms, such as Steven Universe.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 153
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 03:19:31 am »
Tabitha Monroe
becket arkturas
xander glitch
and ajay 'orphan muncher' wacha
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline Bede

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 80
  • Icon art by Rory
    • DeviantArt - bedebomb
  • Fursona Species: Fox thingy
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 03:30:03 am »
As of right now I'd say four.

Aden (red fox)
Bede (green fox)
Kepler (eclipse bird)
Scraggles (rat-dragon-thing)
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Offline Lacmorash

• Regenerating Codes
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
  • [Roconstructing]
  • Fursona Species: Internet K-9
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 03:26:07 am »
Wosky(My almost original side),
Bear(My Friendly side),
fox (my bad side),

Lol dont know that people can decide one of their sonas
B, C, D
Between born and death, there's life, which full of choices.

Do it faster, make it better.

Offline Lambda Lumis

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • There's nothing worse than wasted opportunity.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 11:36:05 am »

Same. I only have one and am pretty sure that's how it will stay. I don't really see the point in having loads, I like to focus all my attention on one, Lumis.

Offline Serix

• Lord of The Eclipse
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 118
  • ~*~I am what you see~*~
    • FurAffinity - Serixpaws
    • Twitter - Official_Serix
  • Fursona Species: Wolfsky
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 11:29:36 pm »

Same. I only have one and am pretty sure that's how it will stay. I don't really see the point in having loads, I like to focus all my attention on one, Lumis.

Dittttooooooo, I kinda asked this topics same question awhile back ago, but I only stick with one, Serix!  He's literally my other half and I couldnt be anyone else!
  • Site Donor
~*~"My persona isnt the only one that has fangs."~*~
~*~ Eclipses ∞ "Moonpiece Be With You"~*~

≈Serix≈

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 03:28:19 pm »
I had enough trouble making Almond, I think 1 is plenty for me  :fox-:P:
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)