Author Topic: Will you agree to be a real life furry?  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Alen

• This is an original custom title
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
Will you agree to be a real life furry?
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:05:01 am »
Here is my small topic.

So, I have a question: will you agree to transform to a real furry if you will not be repressed by scientists and common people for your difference between you and them?

You are able to choose any shape before transformation, however you can add an ability to change shape anytime but this will cut 5 years of your life.

Why will you agree/disagree?
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
I love to find new friends, so feel free to message me on Discord or in the forum DM :D

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
Re: Will you agree to be a real life furry?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 06:23:04 am »
Shape shifting sounds fun I guess, as long as I can go back to who I am lol :P
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Cookies: 155
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 10:10:04 am »
Hell yes I would. I'd love to be either of my fursonas, or just an anthro in general.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by okayyourgrace on Chicken Smoothie, signature image by Niluna on Chicken Smoothie.

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »
I would agree, and add that ability too.

5 years is nothing.

Seriously though, if doing so only gave me 10 years to live I'd happily take the offer.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:04:03 pm by Folfy »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 02:55:00 pm »
      You've proposed a question I simply can't answer. It's not the fact that I'd use five years of vitality, but it's an issue of who I am. I would absolutely love to be an anthropomorphic dove and I believe everyone would like to be their own fursona in real life. The fact that makes me neutral on this issue is being human. All of us are humans, no matter what we think. We're raised to be humans and to adapt as only humans can without focusing on aspects of complexity. I feel like a real fursona would be so complex that it would have to adapt to life. It would be a large change for D.N.A. that inhabbits an animal to adjust to an anthopomorphic form. If it was scientifically sound, I'd probably do it. I'm also slightly scared though because of realigious reasons which I won't dwelve into here. I'd love to be dove, but I'm just unsure. Does anyone else feel like I do on this thought-provoking question?
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Raccoaster is kill
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 03:17:35 pm »
Nah. 5 years is a long time and I dont think I could live my whole life without sitting in chairs because there is this huge fluffy tail getting in the way.
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • sushi dog
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 03:40:29 pm »
      You've proposed a question I simply can't answer. It's not the fact that I'd use five years of vitality, but it's an issue of who I am. I would absolutely love to be an anthropomorphic dove and I believe everyone would like to be their own fursona in real life. The fact that makes me neutral on this issue is being human. All of us are humans, no matter what we think. We're raised to be humans and to adapt as only humans can without focusing on aspects of complexity. I feel like a real fursona would be so complex that it would have to adapt to life. It would be a large change for D.N.A. that inhabbits an animal to adjust to an anthopomorphic form. If it was scientifically sound, I'd probably do it. I'm also slightly scared though because of realigious reasons which I won't dwelve into here. I'd love to be dove, but I'm just unsure. Does anyone else feel like I do on this thought-provoking question?

Yea realistically it might not work. I did read a weird future thing, about how in the far off future people will have super powers and be able to molecularity change form etc. through quantum physics so perhaps furries yes in this scenario. But whether that is actually possible is not known, just more speculation.

I would like to shape shift for the sake of it (maybe just into cats) but only as a useful tool/creative experiment and not as a permanent identity, it would impact on your daily life and other things in relation.

• Flag - britain

Offline GalaxyPaw

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • trying to survive school
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 03:56:26 pm »
I would totally agree sounds awesome :D
I don't really mind losing 5 years
  • Pronouns: She/Her/hers
Message me , I'm open to make new buddies

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Cookies: 155
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »
As I said earlier, I wouldn't hesitate to be able to become my fursona, but I'm not so sure about adding the ability. I'd be too afraid that the end of my life would come, and I'd just be like ... "Damn, I need them extra 5 years." :fox-:P:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by okayyourgrace on Chicken Smoothie, signature image by Niluna on Chicken Smoothie.

Offline Alen

• This is an original custom title
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 04:13:08 pm »

Yea realistically it might not work. I did read a weird future thing, about how in the far off future people will have super powers and be able to molecularity change form etc. through quantum physics so perhaps furries yes in this scenario. But whether that is actually possible is not known, just more speculation.

I would like to shape shift for the sake of it (maybe just into cats) but only as a useful tool/creative experiment and not as a permanent identity, it would impact on your daily life and other things in relation.

I had an idea how to make a real furry. The answer is virtual reality. I have read somewhere that in next 50 years maybe there will be small microbots which connect to a special area in our brain and then we'll be able to control some things by thought just like IRL and feel anything. This can be used in some games (maybe there'll be furry games too!) or to control a special furry machine which takes off limits of our body (sizes, feelings etc.). The biggest pros of this are that it do not damage your default life and also then we'll feelings which we never felt before (tails, wings etc.).

Oh. It looked a bit impossible? Sorry.
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
I love to find new friends, so feel free to message me on Discord or in the forum DM :D

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • sushi dog
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 05:44:02 am »

I had an idea how to make a real furry. The answer is virtual reality. I have read somewhere that in next 50 years maybe there will be small microbots which connect to a special area in our brain and then we'll be able to control some things by thought just like IRL and feel anything. This can be used in some games (maybe there'll be furry games too!) or to control a special furry machine which takes off limits of our body (sizes, feelings etc.). The biggest pros of this are that it do not damage your default life and also then we'll feelings which we never felt before (tails, wings etc.).

I think I read that somewhere before too, sounds kinda creepy though, there are many pros with this but I think I would probably op out cos I don't like the sound of microbots.. :/ It's a good idea though
  • Flag - britain

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 04:18:06 pm »

I think I read that somewhere before too, sounds kinda creepy though, there are many pros with this but I think I would probably op out cos I don't like the sound of microbots.. :/ It's a good idea though
      I honestly don't believe we should be attaching electronic microtechnology to our brains or any part of our body. I find that being connected allows the government and other stalking conpanies such as Google to track people and to invade your personal life. I'm scared of R.F.I.D. chips because I fear they'll be used to track and monitor people. Even if it meant being what I wanted to be, I'd never accept microtechnology to be used on me. It's too risky and very much a contributor of paranoia for me.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 07:42:26 pm »

I'm with you there. The science definitely has to be absolutely sound before even considering it, not to mention the extra worry from potential religious questions.

And in response to the other recent posts, I really don't want techno-whizzy-ex-machina type stuff going on. It's gotta be organic, not an illusion - realistic or otherwise. Going that way reminds me of a book called The Reality Bug that people might not recognize, but in it, all humanity pretty much made their own personal perfect Matrix worlds to live in, and it screwed things in the actual world up.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • Observe this wild folf.
    • DeviantArt - mageofcatswri
    • FurAffinity - Teriksa_Sunwhit
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 09:05:28 pm »
I think that I'd be too afraid of getting it wrong to try it until I was much older and could shapeshift into a younger body. 'Cause I'm vain like that.

I'd not get the extra shapeshifting abilities because I already have existential dread and the like, and I can't sacrifice my 'life force' for anything. No matter how cool.

Well... I mean anything like that. I'd give it up for certain people. I would have given it up for a certain asshole. ._.
> Observations intensify.

Offline White-Green Doge

• Rearranging Codes
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 31
  • Code? Code... CODE!!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 06:42:46 am »
Is it me who pass 5 year in my life
or my dead 5years faster?

If it the 2nd one, i'll take the chance
Want to know the green doge name? PM me and lets make friends.

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 11:48:04 am »
Yes...No...I can only explain using a short story from a novel called Robot Dreams by Isaac Asimov. In this short story, people could cut-paste their minds into a computer. In this from, anything they could imagine, they could create in a digital sense. Theoretically you could become a furry in that sense, but as said in the novel, the only thing people could possibly imagine is what was physically there. They could only imagine themselves as humans. They couldn't imagine themselves lower on the tree of life, or for that matter, higher on the tree of life. They were human, and would always remain human. When this was discovered they experienced dysphoria about their life and wanted to return to their physical bodies. That caused complications, but that is another story.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • Observe this wild folf.
    • DeviantArt - mageofcatswri
    • FurAffinity - Teriksa_Sunwhit
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 04:41:56 pm »
A year and a half later:

Hell yes, I'd change into my fursona.

P.S.: This has been bugging me for over a year, but the title and the introductory paragraphs should be written in the conditional mood instead of the future tense. While they, in some other languages, sound very similar when spoken, English has created a massive difference between 'Would you go wind sailing if you were on Neptune?' and 'Will you be wind sailing tonight, dear?'
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:45:22 pm by Teriksa »
> Observations intensify.

Offline Bones

• Cactus Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • We didn't start the fire
  • Fursona Species: Bearded Vulture
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 09:01:39 pm »
Kinda
But I'd have to buy a lot of shampoo xox
Y'all ever think about that?
You'd have to buy more shampoo, use a dog brush on your whole body if you're a furred animal, you'd have to take flea prevention pills, etc.
You'd look cool but thats like the only pro
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Online Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 830
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 10:08:51 pm »
I wouldn't. I like pretending to be colourful animal people online but I actually prefer humans a lot tbh. I wouldn't really want to be an anthro
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Graham

• 50% moth, 50% man
  • Cookies: 73
  • 100% boyfriend material
  • Fursona Species: Death's Head Moth
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 10:34:21 pm »
Maybe, I'd need to really think.

Cons: Too many to count at the moment
Pros:  b e c o m e   m o t h m a n
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
  • Award - Graphic Artist

dancer, amateur writer, and destroyer of West Virginia bridges
Avatar by tsukiko26 & Signature Icon by zerlc