Furry Teens Community-Related > Site-Specific Stuff

AAA - Ask an Admin Anything (About the Site)

(1/33) > >>

LANCIFROST:
Hello.

In an effort to promote staff transparency and try and regain some of the lost trust amongst members, I will now be taking questions about literally anything involving the site and our recent disciplinary actions. I cannot go into specifics, or discuss specific persons' bans, due to wanting to continue to respect the privacy of those involved on both sides of the issue and not wanting to seem like we're trying to drag anyone through the mud because that's the opposite of what we want. Other staff may chime in, but I guarantee that if you ask a question, it will be answered in some way/shape/form with no repercussions whatsoever.

This is for both current and for any potential future actions that are taken.

MinkyBear:
I'm a newish member so I have no idea what's been going on, I've only heard a few things from other members. Can one of the staff kind of explain the situation without specifics I mean? I saw other people had no idea what was happening either

The Woolly One:

--- Quote from: MinkyBear on January 10, 2016, 05:23:20 pm ---I'm a newish member so I have no idea what's been going on, I've only heard a few things from other members. Can one of the staff kind of explain the situation without specifics I mean? I saw other people had no idea what was happening either

--- End quote ---
http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=24153.0

Basically, we were forced to ban a small group of members because of repeated instances of nasty behaviours including picking on people and singling them out. Because Meadow (our site manager) no longer wanted to pay to maintain a site that fosters bullying, we were given no other option, or else the site would have been taken down. It's fairly understandable when you look at how bad things got. Constant arguments and complaints from members about feeling victimized by other members. Who would want to pay to support a community like that? We only did what we could. We tried everything else and we've put up with being called out and attacked for months now. Even the staff deserve basic respect, just like any other user of the site.

I understand why a lot of people are dissatisfied with the decision. Their friends may have been banned, or they may not fully understand what's going on. The truth is that FT is in a hard spot at the moment and the last thing it needs is negativity. That's why we've had to ban some members that were pretty much just sticking around to troll or act passive-aggressively and see what they can get away with. Positive change doesn't start happening in the community until we want it to and start acting accordingly. That goes for staff and everybody else alike.

LANCIFROST:
The general history is that we had a few situations arise all at about the same time. These situations called for us to do something we dislike doing; getting involved with off-site affairs. One of which was due to legality issues that could be traced back to the site with even less evidence than actually existed. This resulted in disciplinary actions being taken against some members, it was not taken lightly and it was not taken without serious thought.

The next round is a little trickier to explain without getting into specifics, but long story short it led to actions being taken against a small group of popular members. During this time is when word about the site potentially closing due to toxicity, and a general environment contrary to the site's mission. Since then, we've been trying to work, albeit mostly behind the scenes, to try and further clean up the remaining bouts of toxicity lingering.

I can say one thing about our disciplinary process. Whatever our decision on a person may be, whether it's a ban, temp or permanent, or even just a warning; we take each action very seriously and with a fair amount of discussion amongst the whole of the staff

Tachun:
This was not my post and I don't want to have anything to do with it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version