Poll

What are the most important things you look for in a partner? (Pick up to 3)

Attractive
Intelligent
Kind and Loving
Open and Non-Judgemental
Wealthy
Young
Foreign
Blingy
Loud and Overly Friendly
Shy and Quiet
Submissive
Dominant
Adventurous
Other (comment below)

Author Topic: Relationship Ideals  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Bryen101

• Red Level
  • Candies: 11
  • -=LOOKING FOR FRIENDS=-
    • Twitter - @KaiTheFoxy
    • Steam
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Relationship Ideals
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:27:05 pm »
Just Curious... Let's see how this turns out OwO
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
--The Fabulous Fox ^~^

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

Offline Zaramaja

• That one uncreative gay guy sitting over there.
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 14
  • I don't even know what. ._.
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Re: Relationship Ideals
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:10:00 pm »
Personally, all I care about is that my boyfriend is kind, and that he feels open to me. I'm not too picky on looks anymore.  :fox-;):
Icon: Made by Shia Manokit!

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Candies: 153
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:30:04 pm »
They'd have to obviously be kind, caring, not judgmental, and open. I also really like intelligence and a good sense of humor. Looks also matter, but only to a certain extent. If I'm romantically attracted to someone, their personality is almost always what attracts me to them. Then I'll think, "You know, they look pretty damn good too." But I pretty much never see someone without knowing them and am automatically attracted to them. It's almost like my mind forces their appearance to be attractive after I get to know their personality.

I don't think I'll be getting in a relationship anytime soon though, seeing as I'm greysexual/greyromantic and have also never been attracted to anyone my own age, haha.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by cutefury on Art Fight.Signature image by Nagi.

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 09:37:13 pm »
I'm going to be the vain one and say looks matter to me. I'm only attracted to feminine presenting females and I can't see myself in a relationship without any attraction. Looks are of course not the only thing that matters but I do need some attraction. Sex isn't too important to me though, I could go without that
Personality is huge too. She could be the cutest girl in the world but if she doesn't have a good personality then I wouldn't be interested. Idealy I want someone who's interesting to talk to, who has similar interests as me, who is kind and caring, loyal and loves cats! (Not liking cats could be a deal breaker)

• Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 240
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Cougar
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 09:56:27 pm »
Looks don't play a huge part in it but they do somewhere >.> and as much as I love femboys they mostly only look good in art and I prefer manly looking guys(although I totally don't mind if they wanna be all fem once in awhile X3) but I only like really feminine girls :P another thing I like in the looks department is height guy or girl I wanna be the short one XD
Personality wise loving, caring, open minded cause I'm really weird, and into the same stuff as I am >u< and they have to like pets(I can deal with not liking little dogs though, just cats and rats atleast) and kids cause I'm having both whether they like it or not XD
It'd probably be good if they were clean and maybe active too, to kinda counter my lazyness :P and if they draw that'd be a nice bonus so we can draw our characters together and stuff!
Not much else I can think of.

• Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Sergsune

• queer af
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 19
  • *yaasssing intensifies*
    • FurAffinity - Sergsune
    • Weasyl - Sergsune
  • Fursona Species: Sergsune (Sergal/Kitsune Hybrid)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 10:49:03 pm »
Honestly, overall, how accepting and kind they are play a big part. Intelligence is also good!
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - agender
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Pansexual  |  Agender
Mah art thread

ahuhuhuhuhu~

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 11:04:32 pm »
Open minded and intelligent for the obvious reasons, but I picked other because I'd really like to meet someone open to trying everything. I love doing stuff, doesn't even matter what, I'd pretty much do anything. It would be great to meet someone like this. It kinda sucks that most people I meet aren't as, for lack of a better word, adventurous as I like to be.

Just once I'd like to say something like "Lets go hiking for a couple hours and then take the train downtown to find something to do" without hearing the response of "hell no, watarya crazy?"
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
  • Observe this wild folf.
    • DeviantArt - mageofcatswri
    • FurAffinity - Teriksa_Sunwhit
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 06:29:07 pm »
Kind, loving, loyal, understanding, maybe a bit shy but definitely with a little bit of a dominant streak in them... careful, attractive (though I honestly think that anyone who satisfies my conditions is attractive)... hmmm... intelligent... I'd love it if they're wealthy...

Hmm... <3 Jamie's definitely all of these things, though he's not really dominant (though he said that he can totally be like that for me... <3  :fox-;): :lol-fox: <3)

He really is just the sweetest thing...
> Observations intensify.

Offline Raziel

• A Confused Tiger
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 15
    • FurAffinity - Oddtree
  • Fursona Species: Saber-Toothed Tiger
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 07:13:19 pm »
Kind, understanding and if they were a furry that would be great. (im useing they because im really jsut confused about my gender right now xD)

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
  • Observe this wild folf.
    • DeviantArt - mageofcatswri
    • FurAffinity - Teriksa_Sunwhit
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 08:18:57 pm »
OH! You're right! They'd have to be a furry, too! <3

It's a must, for me.
> Observations intensify.

Offline Lacmorash

• Regenerating Codes
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
  • [Roconstructing]
  • Fursona Species: Internet K-9
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 08:36:54 pm »
For me, every non-judgemental girl is attractive,
 In fact, i already in  relationship with a girl that can tolerate that i'm a furry, eventhough she's not a furry.

She is a bit bi but still a heteroromantic
knowing each other is the best way to have a relationship afterall
B, C, D
Between born and death, there's life, which full of choices.

Do it faster, make it better.

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 10:49:08 pm »
      I've chosen not to vote on this poll. I personally don't like relationships. I've attempted to be in two relationships a while ago and it only spelled trouble for me. I found myself having the climatic peak of anxiety amongst somber melancholy from inmature people. I have an extremely obsessive personality as well, which didn't help at all. I found myself worry about my partner cheating me or conspiring against me. I found myself being socially abusive. Ever since then, I've pulled away from relationships all together. I've found myself enjoying holding responsiblity for no one but myself. It puts little peace in mind, but I value the peace I do get. Most of the time, rhe idea of being in relationship stresses me a lot.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 03:24:50 am »
I won't act like I'm a good guy and say looks are unimportant to me, they are very important, now what my standards for looks are is a different matter XD.
On top of the looks though, the relationship WILL NOT survive with me if my partner is not open, trusting and non-judgemental, as well as loving and kind, and this is both my preferences and the way things work with me, I've tried to go with other relationships aaaand my partner would either wind up cheating (There are reasons for this being the basis for me needing a non-judgemental partner, there are others but this is where it started) lying about important stuff, such as being threatened online (Here's where the openness comes from) or, in one extreme case, abusing me socially and emotionally (Hence the kind and loving). PLus them being a sub helps but eeehhh.
Thankfully I'm in a healthy relationship and have been for a rather long time because even though my standards are impossibly high, they work for my personality.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Make sure to befriend Badass Big Boss
Discord:Big Boss#1013 Skype: Frantzkrugers

Offline Dazed

• Hell0
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 73
  • icon base by Baronessa
    • DeviantArt - DazedMongoliensis
  • Fursona Species: Furred Raptor
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 03:45:28 am »
Being one who's more used to staring at the concrete than at people, I can say looks dont much matter.
What I like is someone who's kind, thoughtful, determined, blah de blah. Also need said partner to be open and honest, and to be unafraid of me.
I also like someone who's dominant. I wont go into detail, but im sure one could understand. Eh- dominant as in someone who takes the lead, who could be seen as the "head" of the relationship. Im ok with not having that though.
Loyalty is always nice, too.
No need to be smart, or to have lots of money or to be normal. My lifestyle has surrounded me with poor punk rockers who love what they do, so, eh.
Ive yet to see if these are good goals, but it's all good so far.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: Dont care
Looking to chat? Skype is on my profile page, and you can ask me for my steam.

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 09:13:02 pm »
I don't think I can honestly say which traits apply the most to me. I feel that the ideal person should exhibit a mixture of all the characteristics. I think that foremost they should kind, loving, and caring. When I use the word love, I don't mean lust which most people think of when I say that, I mean actual unconditional love. I also require loyalty, I don't want anyone who can't stay faithful to me. If they want to be with other people at the same time, they don't love me enough. I think that they have to be open and non-judgemental because I'd have so many problems with them if they weren't. I also value intelligence in people. Some people don't truly understand much and I don't see myself with a person who lacks intelligence. This is mainly because I'm an analytical type of person and I like some intellectual endeavors, but I also don't like people who are too intelligent because they're absolutely self-centered and see themselves as all knowing. Beauty does have some weight to me, but I typically don't value it over their personality so long as their not absolutely hideous.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 732
  • Candy Corn = Life
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »
Kind and loving
Open and non-judgemental
Like kindness is the most important
I've been in too many abusive relationships
I want someone to treat me nicely because I'll do the same
Also I am a slut for affectionate and shit so that's important. Also openness. Like I want them to feel like they can tell me anything and I can do the same. I want to be there for them and vise versa. Most importantly I want someone that I can legit get along with and have really deep conversations with. Someone I can have fun with and just overall be comfortable around. I want someone that feels like home if that makes sense
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Dr. Noon

• ★⋆ Call me Daddy ⋆★
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 40
  • Oh vanilla, chocolate, honey, with a cherry on top
    • DeviantArt - Lions-Game
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 11:45:11 pm »
*Rolls in*
Heyo Bryen
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - france
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - gynesexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Award - Graphic Artist
~Totally not Mar~ ~Icon by the amazing jasper~

Offline Xrig the wolf

• Punk wolf guy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 93
  • Not a protogen more a wolf iron man
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:05 am »
*Charges through door*
Im kinda late here XD

I love being able to be open with my so and them to be open to me ^-^

*Fires a pink flare in the clouds*
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: he,him,his or male I dont really care
Strait! Strait as a board? Nup...

Hey if your deppresed, lonely, or just need a friend my discord and skype are both Grixblade... Dont worry I never sleep and I live for the sound of a call from someone!
Keep in mind I blush easy... http://www.thiscrush.com/~xrig

Offline Chai

• Sparkle Kitty
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 263
  • Happy Fall Y'all!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 01:39:35 am »
Okay so like. For girls I don't have much preference tbh. Just be clean and attractive to me I guess?? I don't really lean towards girls so I don't have much standard for them.

For guys, I like, I toooootally fall into the whole 'damsel in distress' thing. Except, I'm not in distress hardly ever-- I just want someone kind of dominant and protective pffft. I'm also a fan of facial hair but >w>

I also appreciate intelligence a LOT in both. And it has to be someone responsible, and someone who loves animals. Communication is important; someone who is eager to know me well enough to know when something is off, even if I don't say it outright. Someone who loves unconditionally! Someone who is similar to me in personality so that we share a lot of the same feelings, but still has enough uniqueness about them that I never get bored of them. Someone loyal, and someone who doesn't make empty promises. Someone who doesn't look down on my parrot or me not wanting children. Someone who's a tiny bit possessive of me.

Idk, these are all kinda generic things. There is soooooo much more that goes into it, but I don't have the time or mental capacity to describe everything that makes someone wonderful to me X3c

All I know, is that I present very very feminine in relationships, and I suppose I want to fill sort of a 'queen to her king' role, where I'm still a badass, but I like being fawned over. lol. it's all very hard to put into words
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Keep | Flight Rising
Wanna tell me something?
- ♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto ♥ -
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello link!

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 04:04:58 am »
I've changed my preferences a lot since last time. Personally, I want somebody intelligent in more ways than one, to be understanding of my struggles and flaws, and be there for me when I need them, just as I would try to be there for them. Looks are actually quite important to me, because I already have a hard enough time being attracted to people for other reasons, but personality is just as important. I want somebody who can be protective and want to keep me safe and happy, but also give me the space that I need and not be controlling. I'd also want them to share many views that I do, since I can be quite stubborn about them, and I would rather not have e conflicts constantly on opposing beliefs. They should put just as much energy into me, if not more, as I put into them. Too many times have I exhausted myself trying to put energy in for the both of us. I don't want to be dominated, or be the one dominating, because I defy authoritative power. I have a certain standard of dignity and respect that I want to be treated with, and I don't think you deserve to be with me if you can't provide me with this basic necessity. Being a furry is a must, since such a large part of my life now is based around it. There's so much more I could say, but finally, I want them to be genuine, polite, respectful, witty, intelligent, empathetic, kind, attractive, and have the will to love me.
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz