Author Topic: Sound & Battery icons = gone.  (Read 350 times)

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
Sound & Battery icons = gone.
« on: February 03, 2016, 12:44:21 pm »
Title says it all.

I didn't delete them, I didn't recently mess with the volume settings or anything. I just turned on my computer today and they aren't there!
Now, I can still adjust the volume if I search on the Start menu for the volume adjustment stuff, but I'd really like to get the icons back on the bottom right of my taskbar. People keep saying 'oh, just go to your settings and select this thingamabob that says to show notifications!' but it's already selected yet it doesn't show up.
I found this video, and it seems like it may work but I don't want to accidentally delete things and mess my computer up even more.
So is what the guy did in the video correct? It doesn't ruin my computer settings, does it?
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Halus

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • Fursona Species: Marble fox
Re: Sound & Battery icons = gone.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:55:24 pm »
Title says it all.

I didn't delete them, I didn't recently mess with the volume settings or anything. I just turned on my computer today and they aren't there!
Now, I can still adjust the volume if I search on the Start menu for the volume adjustment stuff, but I'd really like to get the icons back on the bottom right of my taskbar. People keep saying 'oh, just go to your settings and select this thingamabob that says to show notifications!' but it's already selected yet it doesn't show up.
I found this video, and it seems like it may work but I don't want to accidentally delete things and mess my computer up even more.
So is what the guy did in the video correct? It doesn't ruin my computer settings, does it?
I would love to help but I'm not a techie person. I see what you're saying though. I wouldn't want to delete anything either. Maybe if you were to restart the system it might work. My iPad has that problem sometime with the sound being staticy.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: It/its they/them/their whatevs

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 01:26:49 pm »
that's strange, right clicking on the task bar and going to settings should work (customize notification icons)? but if it's not there is some kinda malfunction then
i'm on win 10 though so I haven't used win7 for a while but the video guy is messing with the registry so obviously you want to make sure you don't do the wrong thing as yes the computer will likely end up malfunctioning in someway if you do..
I think though what the guy said is right and none of those steps should lead to any malfunctioning of the computer, I would try it anyway, those files he removed are obviously ones that are obstructing the icons.
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 01:46:41 pm »
Okay so I restarted my computer and they came back!! :lol-fox: :lol-fox: I am glad it worked. But I will also remember to try what the video said to do, if restarting or whatever doesn't work. :fox-:):
Also, thanks for the responses!
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Halus

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • Fursona Species: Marble fox
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 01:49:40 pm »
Okay so I restarted my computer and they came back!! :lol-fox: :lol-fox: I am glad it worked. But I will also remember to try what the video said to do, if restarting or whatever doesn't work. :fox-:):
Also, thanks for the responses!
It's not a problem! :lol-fox: i was just helping through experience
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: It/its they/them/their whatevs

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:57:35 pm »