Author Topic: question about gif icon  (Read 413 times)

Offline Aoki

• Snow Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • Merry Chrysler
  • Fursona Species: Batroo (bat + kangaroo)
question about gif icon
« on: February 18, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »
i was goimg to do a little dancey icon and wondered how fast should i make it so it will work? like so i will be able to upload it
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: question about gif icon
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 09:22:33 pm »
There's no set guidelines for animated avatars to make them work unfortunately. They are really finicky. From what I've read and my experiances here's some things to try though

1. Make sure the image is no larger than 125x125 pixels as that is our avatar size, anything bigger and the scripts will have to resize it and they will make it static 100% of the time. I've never gotten a 125x125 pixel icon to work though, I've only ever gotten 100x100 pixel icons to work so you may even want to size it down to that
2. Reduce the file size. According to this old topic, nothing over 25KB seems to work

I don't think animation speed has a big effect on whether or not it will work. I've had some faster ones work before. For the Valentine's ones I thought it may have been the speed as that was the only difference between yours and mine so it was the only thing I could think of that would cause mine to work but not yours. You could try slowing it down though to see if that helps

Sorry if none of that was really helpful. Animated icons are just really tricky unfortunately :c
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet