Author Topic: Races in a Furry World  (Read 683 times)

Offline Daren

• Does nothing but furry art
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 26
  • Lemme pop up over here... (Fuzzbutt's brother)
  • Fursona Species: Magic Cartoon Dog
Races in a Furry World
« on: February 22, 2016, 03:32:47 am »
So, heres a question:

If the world were full of furries,

would species be like races or would the breeds be races?

(i.e.) Would huskies and German shepherds be like American to German? Or would it be like dragons and kittens are...
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
I play Roblox! Add me on Roblox!

https://www.roblox.com/users/125540464/profile

Offline Bede

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 80
  • Icon art by Rory
    • DeviantArt - bedebomb
  • Fursona Species: Fox thingy
Re: Races in a Furry World
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 03:45:19 am »
The thought of this hurts my head (ether that or I need some sleep).
I, really don't know. I mean I guess the breeds would be races right? Or would they still be called breeds...
I need to think about this more.
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:20:10 am »
I think they will still be breeds. Races r more geographic and stuff and breeds were forced things. Well both r invented and dun exist anyway.
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Online Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 11:33:21 am »
I belive in a furry world furries would be split up by both species and breed. It already happens in the fandom. People say "ew not another husky or gshep" but then turn around and say "omg a corgi and boxer! How original!!". I believe it'd be the same in a real furry world. As for which would be equivalent to race I'm not sure, probably breed since we're one species and we're racist to members of our species. Then again humans don't have different "breeds" just colors so I'm sure furries would discriminate based on fur color too. Basically I see a whole lot more discrimination happening in a furry world than ours since is human who are just one species/breed already can't get along
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Flora

• ♥ Perseverance ♥
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 146
  • Autobots, roll out!
    • DeviantArt - BeautifulGalaxia
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 12:07:04 pm »
I belive in a furry world furries would be split up by both species and breed. It already happens in the fandom. People say "ew not another husky or gshep" but then turn around and say "omg a corgi and boxer! How original!!". I believe it'd be the same in a real furry world. As for which would be equivalent to race I'm not sure, probably breed since we're one species and we're racist to members of our species. Then again humans don't have different "breeds" just colors so I'm sure furries would discriminate based on fur color too. Basically I see a whole lot more discrimination happening in a furry world than ours since is human who are just one species/breed already can't get along
^That. You have a really good point.
Basically I see a whole lot more discrimination happening in a furry world than ours since is human who are just one species/breed already can't get along
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
| Avatar by Nagi | AMA | DeviantArt |
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 07:26:53 pm »
      The individual species would be the equivalent to races. Breeds of species may also be a seperate "race" as well. Species would be the major differential between the fursonas in a real furry world. There's even some furry prejudice today within the society. For example, foxes tend to have a poor reputation in the society because they're seen as pleassure seekers. This is true for some vulpines, but not all. It depends on the individual person in question. The issue would probably one grow in a real furry world. I've seen people refuse to talk to another person all because of their species not being what they want. I find it ridiculous. Breeds would be very interesting and up for debate. It would be difficult to guess what would happen, Breeds may cause tension within a species, or it may fixate people's odentity not on the species they are, but their own breed onstead. Breeds could also be unified because they're still members of the same species however, breeds do distinguish one species from another. That's why united breeds is less likely of a theory than breed seperation.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 69
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:52:48 pm »
I think species would probably be races, but breeds would probably have a lot to do with it too. Hard to say, but there are a lot of good points here.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (for myself, she/her/hers)

:pumpkin: ~ | My love <3    dA | | AMA    Kytsekeiru info | ~ :pumpkin:

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 82
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:21:55 pm »
Well, would you consider Canadians and say Swedes different races. No, of course not, but they speak different languages, or if you take England and Australia, same race and language but different dialects. Much like our world, I believe there would be many layers of division starting with species, then breeds, then subbreeds, different types of collies and shepherds for example. German Shepherd and Dutch Shepherds would speak different dialects. Collies and Shepherds would speak different languages, but with the same base language. Domestic Canines and Wild Canines would speak languages with completely different bases. Canines and Felines would be of different races.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan