Author Topic: How to survive a computer virus without antivirus?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline North Winds

• Pony
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 67
  • function North() {
    • DeviantArt - NorthWindsMLP
    • Twitter - @MLP_NorthWinds
  • Fursona Species: Pony
Re: How to survive a computer virus without antivirus?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 07:08:27 pm »
Best way, get a Mac Macs never get viruses
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
You can censor us, but you can't take away our freedoms!

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »
      I don't think you can survive a virus attack without antivirus software unless you completely erase your hard drive. Most viruses embed themselves to the hard drive so there's really no where to escape from it. If a virus is minor like a certain type of adware or spyware, you may be able to find where in your saved data they're harbored and simply delete them. If it's a large virus like a trojan, you're computer is practically doomed. My school uses McAffee Security and my mother's computer uses what I believe is Norton. If you ever get enough money, consider security for your computer. Norton is known to be rather unrealiable at times, so be weary of them. Some adware can't be detected by any antivirus software. These viruses are like Vosteron. It's an extreme annoyance to have. I managed to gain two adware viruses through an installer. Viruses like to anchor with other download applications. It makes the hard drive very vulnerable. Try to save money and get a security service. If you need to, contact a computer technician. They can help you out a lot. Remember, be careful where you go and what you download from the internet.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline sad

• Fresh Pizza Outta The Oven Bear From The Spaghetti Family
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • "Now thats a good Canoli!"
    • Twitter - HandBanana345
  • Fursona Species: Bear
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 01:33:35 pm »
Best thing I do is start up the computer in safe mode, then go to an option that goes along the lines of "Set Computer Back to Another Date" which erases what you've done for the past few days and gets the virus out of it! 
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Hey wise guy! You're lucky I got a pizza in the oven or Id mash your face up into a bowl of eggs! Thats two types of Foods! Thats how angry I am!

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Cookies: 277
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 01:35:24 pm »
Best thing I do is start up the computer in safe mode, then go to an option that goes along the lines of "Set Computer Back to Another Date" which erases what you've done for the past few days and gets the virus out of it!

My computer doesn't have a safe mode, it's a Chromebook. That feature does sound cool though!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline sad

• Fresh Pizza Outta The Oven Bear From The Spaghetti Family
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • "Now thats a good Canoli!"
    • Twitter - HandBanana345
  • Fursona Species: Bear
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 01:37:53 pm »

My computer doesn't have a safe mode, it's a Chromebook. That feature does sound cool though!
Nice, Chromebook! Yeah, Its great for when I get a Virus!  :fox-:):
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Hey wise guy! You're lucky I got a pizza in the oven or Id mash your face up into a bowl of eggs! Thats two types of Foods! Thats how angry I am!

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • Twitter - discomanokit
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »

Nice, Chromebook! Yeah, Its great for when I get a Virus!  :fox-:):

Ikr :3
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.

Offline Tachun

• Is this the crusty crab ?
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • *boop*
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 03:58:19 pm »
To be 100% sure grab your data, nuke your drive and get your operating system on it again with the first after internet drivers being a anti virus program (I strongly recommend Avast from ninite.com )

if not just the program but you cant be sure if you're still on by something (checking the background programs on task manager or just the general hardware usage can be indicators)

I'll build a better world someday

一个人的鬼。

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • Twitter - discomanokit
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 04:04:01 pm »
To be 100% sure grab your data, nuke your drive and get your operating system on it again with the first after internet drivers being a anti virus program (I strongly recommend Avast from ninite.com )

if not just the program but you cant be sure if you're still on by something (checking the background programs on task manager or just the general hardware usage can be indicators)

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely look into Avast!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual