Author Topic: The one and only 'Crypt of the Necrodancer'  (Read 256 times)

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
The one and only 'Crypt of the Necrodancer'
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:38:38 pm »
There's no game like this... It has a strong Dungeon feel. But yet a very unique rythem game to go with it. The first hour expect to have trouble. Because I did. And I played the living death out of Step mania and Pokemon mystery dungeon. And I still had trouble lol...  (Problems like sending tough enemies on the first floor and you only have a knife to protect yourself with). But regardless the game is fun. At times it's a little too troublesome because of the pacing, you can't exactly plan out things and you end up doing something really stupid. Like throwing yourself into a clear as day trap. Or running into opponents the turn they attack you. But I think it's 'this' difficulty that makes it really addicting.
I'm still not so far into the game. But I'm not so interested in the story. (Like I said not far into the game, I just beat the first dungeon.)
There's lotsa music in the game (Like a song every floor and each dungeon is probably 4 levels long), and often I find myself tapping my foot to the game. I can't wait to invite a friend over to play this with me >.> I'm curious to see if he rages or not lol.

Who would I recommend this game to? The casual players might have some trouble playing this game (Even though there is a setting that lets you play with the rythem turned off but that kind of kills the point of the game.) The players that want to go into a 264 floor dungeon, sorry to tell you... It ain't happening. This is not persona 3, or Pokemon mystery dungeon. Like I said the hard part of the game is the fast thinking. I'd recommend it to people that like Dungeon games with great music.  Not so much the rythem gamers only because its a lot more complicated, then clicking buttons. People that like Dark souls might like it... Maybe? (I for one hate darksouls so I can't say much) but if you like dying, well here have more death. If you're in for the story, this isn't really a story driven game.

Personal rating 8.5/10. I don't quite love it, but due to its unique experience I can see myself coming back to it.
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline Bede

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 80
  • Icon art by Rory
    • DeviantArt - bedebomb
  • Fursona Species: Fox thingy
Re: The one and only 'Crypt of the Necrodancer'
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:48:36 pm »
I've played it a fair bit and I agree with pretty much everything you said. I find the part I'm up to so difficult however that I've kinda stopped playing. Still, I love the soundtrack and would also recommend the game.
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their