Author Topic: Managing multiple fursonas  (Read 883 times)

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
Managing multiple fursonas
« on: March 13, 2016, 11:29:04 pm »
For those of us with multiple sonas, how do you manage yours? Is one of them you main that you use most of the time? Do you only use your alts occasionally? Do you give them all equal attention? Does one of them usually get left out more often?

For me Solstice is definitely my main, I connect with her the most and she therefore gets the most attention and art. I use her on here most of the time and only switch to my alts occasionally. After Solstice, I use Faye the most, there's not really a reason as to why, I think it's mostly because she's the next oldest and has more art and a more defined personality than Pepper. I feel that I give Pepper a reasonable amount of attention though, she definitely needs some more art but she still gets used regularly. Skyline on the other hand gets a bit neglected unfortunately, I think it's just becaus she has such a particular design/backstory/setting that I don't connect with her as much as my other sonas
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
Re: Managing multiple fursonas
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 11:46:05 pm »
I don't have a second fursona yet (but I'm really close), and now that I think about it, I don't know which one would be my main. Pershing was never meant to be a serious fursona, but I've had him so long. On the other hand though, while Pershing does resemble some qualities of mine, him and I don't exactly click... but I can't just throw him away. This may tear me apart.

Edit: Well I've finally done it, I made a second one. This may sound cheesy of me to say this, but I couldn't have done it with out my friend. I guess he was the one who truly encouraged me... I just want to say thanks to him, even though he may not see this.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:14:02 am by Klondike Troublefield »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Halus

• Green Level
  • Candies: 77
  • No step on snek
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 12:02:45 am »
I try to keep it even. The more I look at Ecotone the more I want to make him my main. He's obsessed with music like I am and he looks really cool. Plus his name is like one of my fav songs of all time written by volveat
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: It/its they/them/their whatevs

Offline cvds

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 12:04:18 am »
I find it hard to create one cursing I can't imagine how you all can have multiple
sleepy

Offline Halus

• Green Level
  • Candies: 77
  • No step on snek
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 12:05:34 am »
I never even thought about having multiple until recently tbh
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: It/its they/them/their whatevs

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 49
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 12:10:04 am »
To be honest none of my Fursonas with the exception of Tod and Altairre get the attention they should. With Tod serving as my primary or main sona all of the others just get sorta brushed off until I suddenly need them again for an RP or story. Even Altairre who once served as the primary before Tod only gets attention because the two characters are brothers and thus Altairre is included in every story due to the fact that being a supporting character for Altairre is a major part of what makes him appealing to me.

I never really got into to internal dialogue between fursonas within posts so I don't really manage at all. But I suppose such an inevitable if you strive for your Fursona to represent you rather than serve as a character to inherit the role of for brief periods. In my personal experiences, I naturally gravitate towards the Fursona that I find to be the closest representation of me which is why Tod became the primary. Altairre was supposed to be everything I wanted to be more of but Tod represented everything I am and so I became more and more disconnect with Altairre until I finally made the switch official.

• Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 240
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Cougar
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 01:00:48 am »
Currently I only have two official fursonas with 2 others who are kind half sona/half mascots(I guess you could call them alts). Nagi being my main fursona she gets the most attention even though I haven't gotten much for her art wise because of her odd species while Miracle has gotten little to nothing. Miracle is still new so thats one of the reasons why I haven't used her much yet and she's more of a back up for when I wanna get art of my fursona(like personal type stuff) but the artist can't draw spiders .3. also for whenever I feel like being cat, which is not often surprisingly. Nagi's way more personal to me and is basically me so it kinda feels weird when I start using Miracle in that way tbh XD
For my mascots I give them equal attention both Lightning and Tomoko have received a few pieces of art, although I haven't done much in terms of personal art for Lightning I make up with by using her as my icons(been using her pixel icon on FA for a few months now), I'm planning on switching my icon here to Tomoko in a couple days to give her some attention(not that she needs more XD).
I don't roleplay much at all so the only way I give attention to my sonas is by making/getting art of them and showing them off on site I'm active on :P
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Easle

• The Most Avid Player of Table Top Games
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 53
  • "I EXPLODED A GOBLIN!! WITH THIS STICK!!"
  • Fursona Species: Angel Dragon
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 01:14:19 am »
I have quite a few sonas actually, First is my first one, Warui Kami, for now he is my main sona, I imbue into him my energeticness and amplifie it. Then I have Psycho Kieth, who is my evil sona, he is where i pour my dark desires to maim and hurt, also amplified.  I then have Sam Brightwater, a wizardic character whom I use to embody my knowledgeical self.  And finally, I have a new sona, A pure white German Shepherd, into whom I place my Real personality, fairly calm and quite, yet still very much exiteable, fun loveing, sleepy, shy. all of it. (this is why Warui Kami is only my main sona for now).  I still dont have a name for him though.... I'll just start a new thread.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: he him his
Why not put some lemonade on his wounds?
In A'kyria
Friend: I pay five gold to make sure this letter gets to him.
Me: Wait, can his character even read?
Him: ...No...

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »
My main sona is a bat named Iko. I don't roleplay very often so that's not a problem. I usually pay the most attention to Ridley, though. She was created as my Internet character and eventually became a fursona. Then my next would definitely be Spike. I named this account after her since I love her name a ton. And she's the only fursona I have a good picture of. My fourth fursona is usually a character I'll think of but then lose interest in after a while, like Star the wolf (trust me you don't really wanna know about Star the wolf). Right now it's Pepper Pannda, but I doubt she'll last for the next couple months.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Shia

• Disco Manokits
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 261
  • *noms a moonpie*
    • DeviantArt - discomanokit
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 06:15:55 pm »
I suck at managing multiple sonas/characters

I keep them on Toyhou.se but my character Stella needs love

She's coming after Taxi, because ExoVenture drew an amazing picture of her and I wanna stick up there

Misaki then because she's got some new art, also because I want to give Nagi's beautiful drawing of her some more days on here

And maybe I'll go back to being Shia again, because manokits are the best!! :D

Poor Taxi only has like 2 pieces of art so he's going underneath the spotlight in a bit ;w;
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Why do you care

• I'm tired of being bullied.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Screw you all.
  • Fursona Species: Who cares.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 06:36:26 pm »
Currently I have 3 main fursona said which will go around as I feel. Roy, Sonar, and the new addition: Mog. Sadly my other sonas don't get as much attention as I don't really have refs of them.

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 05:30:25 am »
well if you include ocs I manage them in relationship to each other. There are those who are friends with know my main sona (I guess they are more sorta ocs yet some r not). There are ones for my stories. one from my  flipnotes. and others from old art (I forgot about them)
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
    • FurAffinity - DuskCyote
    • Twitter - @Rainbow_Dusk
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 01:52:46 pm »
Dusk is my main one, he always will be, I may switch to my other ones, but not much because im still working on their designs.
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

Offline TheSecondRachel

• Manatee Queen
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 58
  • Icon by Nagi <3
    • DeviantArt - TheSecondRachel
  • Fursona Species: Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 09:00:13 am »
I just have one main sona (Marcie), as she represents me the most. I have other OCs, but I wouldn't consider them fursonas. They're all relatively new, but I'm gonna try and manage them evenly in terms of art, even if Marcie ends up having the most. Cx
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:02:41 am by TheSecondRachel »

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 11:26:47 pm »
      I've always had a singular fursona that use all the time. That way, nothing has to be managed at all. It also allows me to be close to who my fursona is on a more personal level. I like feeling connected to my fursona. My fursona is me in a way. I'd expect managing multiple fursonas to be very hard to do because you'd find yourself split between which one to use at a given time. Some furries are very good at having many fursonas. They simply change their character as they change, whether it be there mood or just how they feel in general. I don't know how they do it, but they find a way. It's very impressive to see one person be that many fursonas. It takes a lot of managing skills and a lot of connection between multiple characters.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• We are the exiled ones
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 165
  • The lost daughters and sons of Cybertron
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 10:20:59 am »
I guess I just use which sona represents how I've been feeling. For example, Benny is a worrier who tends to jump to conclusions and assumes the worst. He also doesn't like himself very much. And since I haven't been feeling or thinking too hot lately, I'm choosing to represent myself as Benny for now.
Otherwise, when I'm feeling pretty good about life, I'll use Sugar. She is my main and I usually feel better than I do worse lol
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
please pet cow~art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline Shia

• Disco Manokits
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 261
  • *noms a moonpie*
    • DeviantArt - discomanokit
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 01:15:06 pm »
I suck at managing multiple sonas/characters

I keep them on Toyhou.se but my character Stella needs love

She's coming after Taxi, because ExoVenture drew an amazing picture of her and I wanna stick up there

Misaki then because she's got some new art, also because I want to give Nagi's beautiful drawing of her some more days on here

And maybe I'll go back to being Shia again, because manokits are the best!! :D

Poor Taxi only has like 2 pieces of art so he's going underneath the spotlight in a bit ;w;

Updating this. I use Shia most often because I connect with her the most, but I love my other characters to death as well. I usually just alternate pics of my different fursonas.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 01:54:39 pm »
i have about 3 actual fursonas that I juggle around, and I certainly got some preferences with all of them x3 First and on top is Proto, who I am most if not all the time. I'd say about 75% at the minimum. He's the one who gets the art as well as the name on all my accounts x3 For Angela and Tekno, my secondaries, I lean more towards Angela, even though she's younger than Tekno x3 She still has more art than him.

I don't really think it's too hard or that I'm giving too much attention to Proto, tbh. He's my main for a reason and my secondaries still get more attention than all my other ocs combined x3
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 01:46:20 pm »
I now have 3 "levels" for my sonas

Main sona
There's only 1 main sona at any given time. Although I like having multiple characters to represent me I like having one this is the "real me". This is the character I feel the most connected to and use the most
Currently my main is my cow sona (name to be determined). Though Solstice was my main in the past

Main alts
These are sonas that I use on a somewhat frequent basis. I also feel a stronger connection to them.
Currently Addison, Faye, Tamara, Pepper and Solstice are my main alts

Alternative alts
These are sonas I use less and I don't feel as connected too. Though they're still more important to me than a character which is why they keep the sona title
Currently Laila, Athena and Skyline are alt alts
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline SomatheWolf

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Fursona Species: wolf and deer
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 06:57:17 pm »
for me having 3 fursonas i always manage to find my self drawing either soma or romulus instead of serenity but if i were to have more fursonas i think it would not work out.

a bit extra info for fun my friend zoey at school she has a list of her 80 something oc's ( shes not a fur)
my profile picture was made by @dontwalkaway