Author Topic: Furry Conventions?  (Read 348 times)

Offline zobear27

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
    • FurAffinity - zobear27
    • Twitter - ziggyzigs27
  • Fursona Species: Ringtailed lemur
Furry Conventions?
« on: March 21, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »
Now that my first fursuit is almost done, I want to use it! I plan on at least going to Megaplex in Orlando this August, but I have no furry friends to go with! Other possibilities for me are MFF and POSSIBLY Anthrocon. Anybody else here going to any cons?
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Zaria

• A lazy lynx
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Just gathering my thoughts
  • Fursona Species: Lynx
Re: Furry Conventions?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 04:25:00 pm »
No sadly, but I do plan to go to one once I move out later in life. Although I assume it'd be difficult due to the costs... Well, it's just a good time as any to gather up some money, I guess!
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:32:04 pm »
      I won't be attending furry conventions for many years yet to come. I'm still not able to drive which leaves only my parents to take me. I don't want to them I'm a furry because I'm afraid of their reaction. I wouldn't expect it to be a very good one. It would feel awkward too for them and me both. The distance is also too great from where I live to any of the major conventions held thoughout the year. Money is also tight at times in my family, so making such a decision to attend a convention wouldn't be financially sound because it is a very expensive ocassion. Fortunately, in a little while, I plan on attemding a large furry convention. When I can get my life settled and when I have enough money, I do make plans to attend. I know it will be great time from what I've heard of other furries going to the conventions. I thought I might be able to go when I turn 18, but I don't see that ever happening based on how things are. Maybe I could go during college, but either way, I plan to go eventually.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:22:37 am by Sleek »
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 61
  • Pic by Businessfox on FA
    • FurAffinity - Alexzandr
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 10:26:34 pm »
Well, coming up in August, there will be RMFC (Rocky Mountain Fur Con). The only con within a decent time frame for me (five hour drive). I plan on going to that this year, but it depends on when Fall semester of college starts.
Just like a burn will linger, she crept between my fingers, and to my body she has now become a new disease. A fog to cloud vision, more like an apparition. She made a mess and now abandoned me.
Twitter Youtube Crush thing? Deviantart

Offline Why do you care

• I'm tired of being bullied.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Screw you all.
  • Fursona Species: Who cares.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 11:19:06 pm »
I heard that FangCon is gonna be in Birminghan, so that's a Furry con that I'd wanna go to but ahhh I don't know how to explain it to my parents.