Author Topic: How to get better quality of picture?  (Read 333 times)

Offline JackWolfen

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
How to get better quality of picture?
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »
how do i get my profile picture to be a higher resolution?
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
Re: How to get better quality of picture?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 11:02:50 pm »
     For a higher resolution, you can use a photo editor to expand the pixel resolution to your desired dimensions. If you want an actual higher quality picture as in vividness, it's rather difficult to do unless you have it made with higher quality. There isn't no way to magically convert an image from lower quality to higher quality unfortunately. Changing the actual resolution is fairly easy though. There are also photo editors on your own if you don't have one. You could also try focusing the image on the character. You can't focus it, as in photography, but you can zoom in on it and then make the resolution the desired length and height to make your character prominent. I know it's not what you're looking for, but you may want to try it and see what you think. It could work for you, but it's entirely what you want though.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »
No matter what size the original picture you use, it will be shrunk down to 125 pixels on the longest size. To get a good looking one, I would make sure that your picture is a square aspect ratio (to get all 125 pixels both ways) and to pick an image that you like the look of at that size.

Higher res pictures can be attached in the fursona description in your profile page the same way you attach them into a regular post, using the bbcode "img" tags. These won't be seen unless someone goes to your profile though.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 11:12:59 pm »
      You can try a typical photo editor like Adobe Photoshop to change the resolution of your profile picture. There are also websites like LunaPic.com if you're on a mobile device that will do it for you. I think you can also convert your file type there and do some minor type editing such as cropping. In any case, typically the best resolution will be a high-definition pixel configuration such as 1080p, but not always as this can over-strectch and image and make it look highly pixelated. It can make your profile picture even worse if you do that. Don't be too obsessed about making your image perfect because that's basically impossible. Try to make it the best you can and stay with it. Otherwise, you'll mever feel content with the final result when really it's its best. I know too that if you try to use Microsoft Paint to change your dimensions, it also tends to pixelate the image even more if you try to scale it too much. I know you probably won't use such a basic program but I thought I'd warn you. Paint is rather infamous for that.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His