Author Topic: Just one question...  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Candies: 8
  • Ya dead, mon?
Just one question...
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:31:25 pm »
...why is the staff here such a joke?

Okay, so I get a warning, for being insulting or whatever to members(?), to which I was confused. I haven't insulted anyone, and really, if they had been insulted, speaking up and telling me would have been a wise idea so I know what I did wrong. But they didn't. And I don't know what I did wrong.
This brings me to two distinct issues. First and foremost:
Your warning messages are vague as hell. You receive the PM telling you that "You've received a warning", then it tells you what you did, in my case, Insulting Members, but doesn't show evidence of what you have done. It concludes by telling you to cease activities of such offending nature. Except I don't know what I did wrong because no detail was provided so good going there.

Being confused, I did the right thing, so I thought, by contacting staff. My first message was sent April 1st, 19:49.48. This was the only staff member online at the time of sending, and staff in question lingered online for approximately ten minutes before going offline. I assume they had things going on, which thats life, but in that ten minutes a PM of "Sorry, busy, will respond asap" could have been sent and I would've known it had been noted and my issue would get dealt with. But, alas, nothing was sent so I sought after another staff member approximately 3 hours later at 21:50.49. The response I received, was to say politely, utter bollocks. They gave zero help, and ushered me to message Administrators. So I contacted an Admin at 22:03.31, once again asking for evidence of my wrongdoing. It is currently 21:26, April 2nd, and I have clocked the Admin in question come online, linger for several minutes (around 5-7 to be specific), and not bother even sending a PM as short as the example I provided above, before they went offline.

So, here it is for all staff, and members, to see.
What is my warning for? And why is the staff hard to get a hold of, and went you can, they offer no help and send you on your way.

I know it was April 1st but bad staff is a poor April Fools Joke.

As no names where mentioned, and the issue involves me and just me, editing of this post or removal is going to look quite bad in your case, staff. Rules may state not to mention warnings or bans publicly but seriously that rule makes it harder to get your issue resolved when staff are hard as fuck to question.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

bow down, when i come to your town

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
Re: Just one question...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 04:41:48 pm »
Your not with the forum mentality. Most likely, your offence was within the Debate & Discussions board in which you most likely argued and insulted somebody rather than debated. This isn't your average toxic community of YouTube comments, so offensive words or phrases are not appropriate here. Also, if you read the rules, you would have known not to publically call out the staff members. They have been incredibly busy recently, as most of them are either working, or are in their final years of highschool. You may not realise it, but the staff members here do more than enough to help with the site and are far from, "a joke". I'm sure a guy of your intelligence can figure out what you did wrong on your own without a staff member holding your hand. So an example isn't necessary, especially if they are just trying to tell you to be more considerate of others in general.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 04:48:17 pm »
Your not with the forum mentality. Most likely, your offence was within the Debate & Discussions board in which you most likely argued and insulted somebody rather than debated. This isn't your average toxic community of YouTube comments, so offensive words or phrases are not appropriate here. Also, if you read the rules, you would have known not to publically call out the staff members. They have been incredibly busy recently, as most of them are either working, or are in their final years of highschool. You may not realise it, but the staff members here do more than enough to help with the site and are far from, "a joke". I'm sure a guy of your intelligence can figure out what you did wrong on your own without a staff member holding your hand. So an example isn't necessary, especially if they are just trying to tell you to be more considerate of others in general.
First of all. That is the Debate Board. They said religion should die, so I countered it saying that religion helps people. Maybe you would like to show me arguing in that thread?
My wording choice isn't offensive. If you're offended by the word fuck, then man, you're gonna have a bad time in the big bad world.

I called out staff, yes, but I didn't mention specific names. I UNDERSTAND people have lives. Let me make that clear. But when I see them online for atleast 5-10minutes and not bother with a response is actually pretty bad. If they're so busy, how come they can find time to read threads but not check a PM about an issue?

Actually, I'm not asking staff to hold my hand, I'm asking for evidence of my wrong doing because I really can't see proof, plus I like the whole Innocent Until Proven Guilty thing.

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Blue Level
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 04:54:22 pm »
1. Staff are most likely AFK
2. What you said was obviously offensive, you were the one who got the warning here
3. I'm pretty sure your attitude isn't appreciated either.
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 736
  • Candy Corn = Life
    • FurAffinity - cactle
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 04:55:45 pm »
Well this isn't the "big bad world" this is a furry forum site for teens, and you did call out staff and insult them by calling them a joke. Good luck trying to get out of that one.
Here are the rules
http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=3166.0

And remember staff members have lives of their own too and there's probably other issues they have to deal with
If you can't wait for a response then message them somewhere else
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 04:56:30 pm »
1. Staff are most likely AFK
2. What you said was obviously offensive, you were the one who got the warning here
3. I'm pretty sure your attitude isn't appreciated either.
1. Staff were online looking at boards. AFK or not, it is their job to deal with problems as a priority.
2. I never said anything offensive. Prove I offended someone. Go ahead.
3. Because calling out a staff issue is unappreciated attitude but yeah.

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 04:58:25 pm »
Well this isn't the "big bad world" this is a furry forum site for teens, and you did call out staff and insult them by calling them a joke. Good luck trying to get out of that one.
Here are the rules
http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=3166.0

And remember staff members have lives of their own too and there's probably other issues they have to deal with
If you can't wait for a response then message them somewhere else
Calling the issue a joke because it is a joke. If I don't call out them, who will? That rule is to protect staff from being called out when they misbehave lets be honest.

And for the billionth time I know staff have lives but the few that are online and I messaged couldve sent a quick message saying "Noted, will respond when possible"
Then this would have been avoided.

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Blue Level
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 05:04:54 pm »
I don't think you're exactly grasping this forum's mentality. I'm not here to argue, but I'm starting to think this was more of a slam post rather than question.

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »
The title was to grab attention and the top line furthered that so I could get people to actually see the issue. That's how advertising works irl because it grabs attention to the article being sold

I am grasping the site's mentality. Hugbox.
Which for some reason you have a debate board.

Alright here's a question:
Why is this a pampered hugbox but offers a debate board in which when you disagree with someone, people piss themselves and report you (assuming thats where my warning came from, which I really disagree with) for arguing.

Offline lion dude

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 30
    • cheeki breeki
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 05:16:28 pm »
I dont mean to try to jump in for Zigatron but I just think shes just trying to grasp her mistake and even it out so she can avoid making another one for the future, to be a better member on here i think.

Again Zigatron if i misunderstood you feel free to correct me but its pretty safe to assume noone here wants meanigless drama and she just seems like she wants to fix an honest mistake so she can avoid it.

Now this is another thing, maybe the debate board is not a good idea? It seems to me that alot of members of this forum often end up feeling offended over opinion or said response.

Like Rage said this is a site for teenagers who happen to be furries to communicate with, and i think we all can also agree teenagers like me or you tend to be slightly unstable due to hormones and therefore act before thinking sometimes. This is not a politcal board where we debate stances of current world issues, this is where we talk about teen stuff, furry stuff and slight off topic stuff right? Now again i dont mean to call admins out with this either if it seems like it, but i think we should atleast help Zigatron face her mistake right?
Spikes

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Blue Level
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 05:19:00 pm »
The title was to grab attention and the top line furthered that so I could get people to actually see the issue. That's how advertising works irl because it grabs attention to the article being sold

I am grasping the site's mentality. Hugbox.
Which for some reason you have a debate board.

Alright here's a question:
Why is this a pampered hugbox but offers a debate board in which when you disagree with someone, people piss themselves and report you (assuming thats where my warning came from, which I really disagree with) for arguing.

No. You see, you really aren't grasping the mentality. It has been twice now that you've compared this site to the real world. Surprisingly, it's nothing like the real world. Yes, there is a debate board in this website, not a conflict board. If you've been reported, instead of blaming others, maybe it's you who is the problem here and you should be thinking accordingly.

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 05:22:19 pm »
--

No. You see, you really aren't grasping the mentality. It has been twice now that you've compared this site to the real world. Surprisingly, it's nothing like the real world. Yes, there is a debate board in this website, not a conflict board. If you've been reported, instead of blaming others, maybe it's you who is the problem here and you should be thinking accordingly.
Twice? No. Once. I was comparing my title to how advertising works. Not mentality.

And I haven't caused conflict on that board. I posted my thoughts on an opinion on religion. I haven't even blamed anyone. I called out on staff being slow. But I'm not blaming individuals.
These weak ass arguments man. I'm literally repeating myself here

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Blue Level
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 05:29:17 pm »
Ahh look, you're trying to pointlessly argue again. If you don't want to take my advice, well that's your decision. But doing what you are right now, isn't going to get you very far... That's just a hunch though. I'm just suggesting that maybe you, the guy who got reported and warned, might be part of the problem.

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 05:32:20 pm »
I'm trying to pointlessly argue again? No, son, no. You posted first, I sent my response, then you carried on with the same points.

I see you're suggesting that I may be the issue, however I would like a formal response from someone with authority to tell me my cause of warning.
Mrs Otterton, if you don't have anything to say that would help me with my issue with staff, then go somewhere else. It'd be easier for us both.

Offline lion dude

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 30
    • cheeki breeki
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 05:33:45 pm »
Yes, there is a debate board in this website, not a conflict board.

Okay but maybe the conflicts that happen due to the debate board happen to be cause of it existing in the first place rather than a symptom? Again i dont mean to call out anyone but maybe this site is just unable to have a debate board if drama ensues from it.

Now usally it should be accepted in freedom of speech to go against a mentality, especially when youre posing your stance on a debate

But this went far from the original thing, of course she did something wrong if she got a warning but she was trying to get an error report so she can learn from it and become a better member, so why not give her a concrete example of what exactly she said that caused offense?
Spikes

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 05:34:16 pm »
Alright guys, it's time to settle down a bit. I'm currently writing a post where I'm doing my best to address the points being brought up in this topic, so please be patient in the mean time. I wasn't one of the staff members who received a PM and I'm a little bit in the dark here, but please bear with me in the meantime.
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 05:36:30 pm »
Thank you, Proto, I appreciate you taking the time doing a writeup.

Online Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 05:38:18 pm »
Please also be aware that a users online status shows for 15 minutes after their last action so it's possible that the first staff member in question was already AFK when you messaged them. Staff are usually dealing with multiple problems at a time and most of us can't be on here 24/7 so have to prioritize the issues when we are on. The staff member you will redirected to will pm you back as soon as they get a chance, we are happy to address warning concerns in private and are not ignoring you
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:40:24 pm by Faye »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Zigatron

• Red Level
  • Ya dead, mon?
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 05:39:59 pm »
Please also be aware that a users online status shows for 15 minutes after their last action so it's possible that the first staff member in question was already AFK when you messaged them. Staff are usually dealing with multiple problems at a time and most of us can't be on here 24/7 so have to prioritize the issues when we are on. The staff member you will redirected to will pm you back as soon as they get a chance
Well, how am I supposed to know there was a delay to the updating to the online list?
If it could be possible, maybe fix the update time, as it has potential to cause issues as we can see here.

Thanks for letting me know though, appreciated.

Online Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 05:46:17 pm »
Well, how am I supposed to know there was a delay to the updating to the online list?
If it could be possible, maybe fix the update time, as it has potential to cause issues as we can see here.

Thanks for letting me know though, appreciated.
It does actually state the 15 minutes delay right above where the names start ^^
http://i.imgur.com/ZuNlTUF.jpg
The delay hasn't really been an issue before and I'm not sure how changeable it is, however if you click on " x guests, X users, X hidden" button you can see the actions of the visible users with a time stamp of when they are doing it. If the time stamp was 5 minutes ago it's likely they are now AFK for example
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft